Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Blazing Red with a Photon Blade?  (Read 2618 times)
SpookyKid1134
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -14

« on: June 29, 2017, 02:02:35 AM »

Hello saberforum. I seek guidance in this mystery, I have a saber in blazing red (soon to convert to a Tri red), I was curious if I used a Photon Blade, would it change my color to a yellowish type? I'm just assuming from red and green making yellow, the photon is somewhat of a green/lime/yellow color.
If anyone has done this, please post pics below or share any advice on any way to possible make a blazing red shine more like a yellow. Thank you.

-Qrolyn

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 03:00:49 AM »

Red and green doesn't  make yellow. Yellow is a primary color. It makes brown or maybe a greenish puke red. I think with red a mid grade blade looks great. If your set on a photon blade I think you can find a red day blade.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 03:31:18 AM »

Seen this in person once. Looked sick Tongue Like an undead Sith Lord or something. Kind of a cool concept though. But yeah not nearly as bright as Blazing Red would be in a standard blade. I specifically use standard blades for any kind of red

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 04:43:22 AM »

Red and green doesn't  make yellow. Yellow is a primary color. It makes brown or maybe a greenish puke red. I think with red a mid grade blade looks great. If your set on a photon blade I think you can find a red day blade.

Strangely with lights, red and green does make yellow. My BR with SY foc is acheived with a pale green led for the flash. It spun me out when I saw it.

Using the RGB sabers too, you make yellow with the green and red. Welcome to Mindblown Town. Population you, and me  Shocked

Unsure about using filters or photons how much it would change things. Maybe Darth Cephalus might see this and do an experiment for us.

Jediseth
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 01:15:23 PM »

Strangely with lights, red and green does make yellow. My BR with SY foc is acheived with a pale green led for the flash. It spun me out when I saw it.

Using the RGB sabers too, you make yellow with the green and red. Welcome to Mindblown Town. Population you, and me  Shocked

Unsure about using filters or photons how much it would change things. Maybe Darth Cephalus might see this and do an experiment for us.

Oops that's right I was thinking about paint again. Lol still never makes sence to me though. I've even made yellow with my RGB leds- Duh! I'm a dork. In my defense I has been painting all day when I posted this. 😜 I am right about the blade however because your dealing with a colored plastic not just light. Your red is going to be muted.

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2017, 01:39:13 PM »

Oops that's right I was thinking about paint again. Lol still never makes sence to me though.

Jediseth
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2017, 04:43:00 PM »

Lol😝

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2017, 08:11:51 PM »

The photon blades are yellowy green and react most to blue light. So, a blue LED will make a bright green in the photon blade. A pure red will just be muted by a photon blade, as said before.

There are 'enhanced' blades similar to the photon blades. Whether photon or enhanced, the additives in the blade are photo-reactive. An enhanced red blade should make a brighter red, not necessarily a purer red though.

Combining frequencies of light can confuse your eye's photoreceptors and make other colors(red+blue simulates purple, red+green simulates yellow). Combining paints is different, as pigments and paints can have light absorbing or reflecting properties. Filters absorb light, allowing only chosen frequencies(colors) to come through. The photon blade will have both filter and photo-reactive properties. I don't think it reacts to red light, but it filters it.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Greywolf
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 100

Grey all the way ;)

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2017, 10:41:08 AM »

Oops that's right I was thinking about paint again. Lol still never makes sence to me though. ...
That awful mess of physics comes down to Additive Color Mixing (like with LEDs) and Subtractive Color Mixing (like with paint).

It (usually) helps quite a bit if you know which one currently applies Wink

Cake is a lie. There are only Cookies.
Through Cookies I gain Chocolate.
Through Chocolate I gain Energy.
Through Energy I gain Weight.
Through Weight my pants will burst.
The Force shall free me.

SpookyKid1134
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -14

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2017, 11:03:59 AM »

Ahh I see now. Thanks for the help guys. My overall achievement is making a yellow color from a BR saber. I guess it's not as simple or easy as it seemed I'm my head. I wonder if I used a green day-blade it would give me somewhat of a yellow color. If I loose a little brightness it won't bother me really. Anyone have opinions on that idea?

-Qrolyn

StarWarsForce
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -106

Light or Dark Points? You choose!

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2017, 09:29:41 PM »

I just tried a couple of combinations now, and after 2 combinations, I remembered some of the results I did a while back about this topic.

To answer your questions....

When you put a BR LED with a photon blade, nothing different really happens. The blade still looks red, just slightly dimmer or browner than the original shade of red.

The same happens if you put any colored day blade with BR. I tried a blue day blade with a BR LED, and again all it did was dim the red LED.

In essence, here are the rules:

1. When using photon blades, they work very well with blue LED's and actually green LED's, too. Sometimes you can get a little glow from the photon blades if you use a color that has some blue in it, like a purplish indigo color.

2. When using day blades, they really are meant to be used with the color LED you are working with. No true color mixing can be achieved. I think the best thing I achieved was I think a purple LED with a red day blade--a weak purple core with red on the outside (but it wasn't that impressive).

As far as I know, it's unfortunately impossible to realize your ideas. I'm thinking your best bet would be to go with quick disconnects or upgrade your LED to Emerald or Diamond. Or buy another saber, hehe Cheesy! Good luck!

Sabers I own (in order of how I got them):
Dominix LE V4--AS--Stunt
Consular--Emerald RGBW--V4 Sound
Manticore CE--Emerald RGBW--V4 Sound
Crimson Reaper--Tri AS--V4 Sound (Free Premium GB)
Dark War Glaive Body/Crimson Reaper Emitter/Crimson Mantis Pommel Mix--BR--Stunt (Free Premium GB)
Dark Prophecy V3--DVA--V4 Sound
Initiate LE V4--CG--Lite Sound (2nd Summer Raffle Win, 4th Prize, 2016)

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2017, 03:32:58 PM »

For more info on this interesting concept https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Additive_color

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: