Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Emporor's Hand Activation Box. . .  (Read 2358 times)
faheyb
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 20

« on: June 29, 2017, 12:49:48 PM »

Any reason why the angled activation box is not offered any longer on the Emperor's Hand?  I have been dying to order this for the last several months, but I would like to have the angled box.  Is it just out of stocK?  There is a con that is coming up in September and I would love to have this saber for it.  Any information is appreciated.  Thanks!  Oh, I am sorry if this has been posted and answered elsewhere.  I did a search of the forum, but did not get the results for which I was looking.  Thanks again! 

Dark War Glaive Blazing Red Obsidian
Shock Arctic Blue Obsidian FOC Silver
Raven SS Violet Amethyst Obsidian FOC Silver
Crimson Reaper Adegan Silver Obsidian FOC Blazing Red
Dark Prophecy V3 CG FOC AS Obsidian
LE Shock Fire Orange Obsidian FOC Silver
Manticore Sentinel Yellow Obsidian FOC Orange
Dark Initiate Sentinel Yellow Stunt

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 02:14:17 PM »

Any reason why the angled activation box is not offered any longer on the Emperor's Hand?  I have been dying to order this for the last several months, but I would like to have the angled box.  Is it just out of stocK?  There is a con that is coming up in September and I would love to have this saber for it.  Any information is appreciated.  Thanks!  Oh, I am sorry if this has been posted and answered elsewhere.  I did a search of the forum, but did not get the results for which I was looking.  Thanks again! 
They may have run out of available parts. US doesn't produce parts in house, and more than likely have to order parts in bulk, depending on demand. I would give it till the middle of August and then panic.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 08:17:54 PM »

They may have run out of available parts. US doesn't produce parts in house, and more than likely have to order parts in bulk, depending on demand. I would give it till the middle of August and then panic.

It's always good to know when to panic.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 08:57:31 PM »

2nd week of September is when I was told that they would return.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 03:48:21 PM »

2nd week of September is when I was told that they would return.
Panic. However, I own one with the angled boxes. Worth the wait IMO. It is far more ergonomic than the square corners.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2017, 09:25:39 PM »

Panic. However, I own one with the angled boxes. Worth the wait IMO. It is far more ergonomic than the square corners.

^This.

I'm really not a fan of activation boxes in general, but that's because I spin and spar with my sabers, and they get in the way. I've actually sparred against people with clamp on activation boxes, and they took them off. They've also made good on their promises to never bring back that saber, because the activation box is so uncomfortable.

That being said, I think US has done a good job with keeping the profile very low on this one, but the corners one that square one? Ouch!

Signature banner by DarthScrub

dobralov
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 9

All is as the Force wills it.

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2017, 01:06:07 AM »

Fair warning -  if comfort is a significant priority, the EH might not be the best choice. I had the angled AV switch, but that collar just above the emitter felt less than great during duels and spins. And forget those Grafllex-esque ridges at the top.

BUT, if you wear gloves during dueling, you probably won't notice the collar so much. I don't wear the gloves and I tend to flourish more than duel, so perhaps those are a workaround. And the collar IS removable, though it diminishes the aesthetics. I ended up selling this thing, keeping my Aeon v4, and ordering a War Glaive in its stead.

LIGHT Side points, if you would.

Collection:
War Glaive in tri-cree AB, Obsidian V4
Twin Apprentice v4 LEs in DVA for staff - one w/o sound, one Obsidian V4
Aeon V4 LE in SD, Obsidian LTE

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2017, 01:40:43 AM »

My EH has the angled box (described by a member as coffin-shaped  Cheesy ). I think it looks very cool, and I refer it over the rectangle one. That might explain why it's popular and now out of stock.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2017, 04:46:51 PM »

Fair warning -  if comfort is a significant priority, the EH might not be the best choice. I had the angled AV switch, but that collar just above the emitter felt less than great during duels and spins. And forget those Grafllex-esque ridges at the top.

BUT, if you wear gloves during dueling, you probably won't notice the collar so much. I don't wear the gloves and I tend to flourish more than duel, so perhaps those are a workaround. And the collar IS removable, though it diminishes the aesthetics. I ended up selling this thing, keeping my Aeon v4, and ordering a War Glaive in its stead.
Really? Are you referring to a sharp edge on the component? If so, you need to address this to US so they don't fall down to the "quality" of some other saber smith.

As far as the handling of the weapon. I thought it was good for single or double handed stances, and up or down handed grips. But with the emitter heavy imbalance, I wouldn't think it would handle spins very well.

Sig by For Tyeth

dobralov
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 9

All is as the Force wills it.

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2017, 07:53:47 PM »

Really? Are you referring to a sharp edge on the component? If so, you need to address this to US so they don't fall down to the "quality" of some other saber smith.

As far as the handling of the weapon. I thought it was good for single or double handed stances, and up or down handed grips. But with the emitter heavy imbalance, I wouldn't think it would handle spins very well.

Not s sharp edge at all, just uncomfortable. The collar is only about 3/4" wide and 1/16" thick, but if you want to spin this thing, it gets in the way. The three set screws holding it in place are likewise unkind. Add the AV box, and well, it's just not my thing. Prefer my Aeon for sheer comfort-level and wieldability, though the EH is still beautiful to behold. I'm not a saber-on-a-shelf owner and I like versatile, comfortable blades.

LIGHT Side points, if you would.

Collection:
War Glaive in tri-cree AB, Obsidian V4
Twin Apprentice v4 LEs in DVA for staff - one w/o sound, one Obsidian V4
Aeon V4 LE in SD, Obsidian LTE

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2017, 08:05:20 PM »

Not s sharp edge at all, just uncomfortable. The collar is only about 3/4" wide and 1/16" thick, but if you want to spin this thing, it gets in the way. The three set screws holding it in place are likewise unkind. Add the AV box, and well, it's just not my thing. Prefer my Aeon for sheer comfort-level and wieldability, though the EH is still beautiful to behold. I'm not a saber-on-a-shelf owner and I like versatile, comfortable blades.
I noticed some hilts just need a little time to get comfortable with. I remember when I first had my Mantis, I thought it was just too bulk to wield effectively. James Casey and I had the same initial thought to remove the collar on that one as well. But over time my hands got used to it being on. Now I wield the Mantis with ease. Although, I did mod my claws so the emitter wasn't so stinking heavy.

Sig by For Tyeth

Wahshiya
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 40

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2017, 05:38:40 PM »

Is September still the ETA on the angled boxes?

I want to jump on the current sale to get a second Hand (har har) and  a coupler (along with some other stuff). 

Current Ultra Sabers arsenal:
Emperor's Hand - Menace emitter, Emerald controller and v4 Obsidian SB
Archon 3.1 - Diamond controller
Fulcrum - Emerald controller and v3 Obsidian SB
Dark War Glaive - RGB w/ v4 SB
Raven - BR w/ v4 SB
"Revanite Sentinel" (customized Dark Sentinel V4) - Red - stunt
"Revanite Sentinel Reforged" (customized Dark Sentinel V4 LE) - Obsidian V3 SB - Purple w/ QDs
Plus lots more stunt and project sabers
Next up: Scorpion, Malice, Flamberge V2

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2017, 06:05:54 PM »

Is September still the ETA on the angled boxes?

I want to jump on the current sale to get a second Hand (har har) and  a coupler (along with some other stuff). 
I was just thinking of that this morning. Sales pop up all the time. I recommend patience.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: