Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: How do you right such accurate Fan Fiction...?  (Read 4042 times)
Tasardur
Nerf Herder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 225

As a Jedi, I prefer Lightside points.

« on: October 25, 2011, 04:21:40 AM »

I'd just like to say that i would love to right starwars fan fiction i just don't know enough about the universe. But ho! If you asked me to right a trilogy on LOTR or Halo I could pump that out like a factory. Where do you guys get all this info pertaining to the old republic Era. It is my favorite Era and yet...it's the era that i know the least about....

"The really bad words are filtered but thats about it. We dont bitch too much about casual swearing, but dont be an ass about it." - Ultra
Dominix v2 SY

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 04:25:00 AM »

I'd just like to say that i would love to right starwars fan fiction i just don't know enough about the universe. But ho! If you asked me to right a trilogy on LOTR or Halo I could pump that out like a factory. Where do you guys get all this info pertaining to the old republic Era. It is my favorite Era and yet...it's the era that i know the least about....

Here you go brother,
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Best site in the world for SW facts.

I used this to find Battles and events in which I could place my character as to correspond to the EU events and would not be conflicting.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 12:24:40 PM »

yeah kahms right wookiepedia is the best place Smiley be careful through it can be a real time drainer cause you'll just keep reading and reading trying to absorb everything  Cheesy

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

Yega
Dark Sentinel
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -194

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 02:50:24 PM »

Man, I go to that site for fun! Like Boss said, once you start reading, you just. keep. on. going. and. never. seem. to. stop.... I love that site. It has probably increased my knowledge of Star Wars by 80%. It is the place to go. Another fun thing you can do to learn about the Old republic (my favorite era in SW) is go to the SWTOR site and look at the timeline: http://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/timeline. They are fun to watch and very educational... lol

One more thing you can do is read the Old republic books that have come out. I have only read one as of now (I'm waiting for the Revan book!!!), and that is Deceived... That my friend, is a great read. I'm a Sith, but I felt for the Jedi in the book. Note, the Jedi is a female, so that helps...lol But still. The book entertains the Jedi and Sith, so it is unbiased. I love that about it.

Anyways. I would suggest watching the timeline first, and if anything sticks out to you, look it up on Star Wars wiki. Heck, look it up on Google! The chances are, Star Wars wiki will be in the top results.

Dark Side points are much appreciated.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 04:05:16 PM »

Man, I go to that site for fun! Like Boss said, once you start reading, you just. keep. on. going. and. never. seem. to. stop.... I love that site. It has probably increased my knowledge of Star Wars by 80%. It is the place to go. Another fun thing you can do to learn about the Old republic (my favorite era in SW) is go to the SWTOR site and look at the timeline: http://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/timeline. They are fun to watch and very educational... lol

One more thing you can do is read the Old republic books that have come out. I have only read one as of now (I'm waiting for the Revan book!!!), and that is Deceived... That my friend, is a great read. I'm a Sith, but I felt for the Jedi in the book. Note, the Jedi is a female, so that helps...lol But still. The book entertains the Jedi and Sith, so it is unbiased. I love that about it.

Anyways. I would suggest watching the timeline first, and if anything sticks out to you, look it up on Star Wars wiki. Heck, look it up on Google! The chances are, Star Wars wiki will be in the top results.

You MUST watch the timeline Yega gave the link to.

Very, very good for facts.

TOR books with Malgus are some of the best. I don't like the Sith but Malgus was fun to read in Deceived.

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Jammo
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 326

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 04:07:45 PM »

Consult the Wookiee, always. I've got a cannon compatible Old Republic story that I used Wookieepedia as a source for.

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 07:20:16 PM »

Also, there are reference books out there that are AWESOME. For example.....

Jedi VS Sith, the Essential Guide to the Force
Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
The Jedi Path
The Sith Path

and of course the entire Essential and New Essential Guides Series, the various Encyclopedias, and Guide to Locations books are all wonderful as well. Be warned though, many of the Essential Guides are out of date and do not cover materials past Episode III. In some cases even past Episode II, and I think there are a few that go a little beyond Ep III, but not as far as Clone Wars.

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

lordgale119
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 4

I walk within both and neither...

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 10:58:30 PM »

Right?...OH, you mean WRITE!
Okay!
Well, one sometimes....has to.....*looks around and leans in as if about to tell a secret* RESEARCH it.
I myself have a VERY good memory for things I read and/or watch, and thus am able to write fanfiction based on details I remember, then fill in the blanks. I don't write fanfiction for Star Wars, really, but I'm thinking about it. The thing you need to do most is READ about the era/characters/events you want to center your story on. If this means reading a ton of novels, then so be it. By reading many of the expanded universe books, one eventually builds up an understanding of where the galaxy stands at that point in time. For instance:

The Old Republic: A heavily divided, war-torn era that would eventually lead to the events of the prequels and original trilogy.
or
The Prequel era: an Antebellum age that suddenly and violently exploded into full-on galactic civil war, as well as being heavily saturated in politics.

Blazing Red Aeon V2 LE: Heretikos
SRD w/ AB clash Bellicose: Arshaluys

Tasardur
Nerf Herder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 225

As a Jedi, I prefer Lightside points.

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 11:08:24 PM »

LOL TYPO!!!! thanks for the info Smiley

"The really bad words are filtered but thats about it. We dont bitch too much about casual swearing, but dont be an ass about it." - Ultra
Dominix v2 SY

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 11:36:38 PM »

LOL TYPO!!!! thanks for the info Smiley
LOL i feel like a tard too for not seeing your spelling mistake when i posted a reply earlier. The mind loves playing tricks on us doesn't it  Cheesy

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

Jammo
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 326

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2011, 02:28:54 AM »

The Essential Atlas has a ton of great info.

Sarich Belmont
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 54

I am legend.

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2011, 04:40:20 PM »

It's what I use.

"I don't aim to be like you, Master, not at all. I aim to be better." Jacen Sarich, then-Padawan. (From my old Star Wars D20 days.)

Under Construction...

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2011, 06:37:29 PM »

It's what I use.

Imagination
Imagination
Imagination!

Imagination
Imagination
Imagination
Imagination

Imagination
Imagination
Imagination

Imagination
Imagination
Imagination

Imagination
Imagination
Imagination
Imaginatiooooooooooon!

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2011, 07:31:43 PM »

Southpark...

Back on topic:

Imagination is extremely important, but wookieepedia and other sources (like the books) are immensely helpful in writing your fanfic.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2011, 07:44:01 PM »

Southpark...

Back on topic:

Imagination is extremely important, but wookieepedia and other sources (like the books) are immensely helpful in writing your fanfic.

Like Master said Books are great.

I really enjoy the Audio Books, they use SFX and voice actors.

It's engaging and it helps(me at least) write better sequences throughout.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: