Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Terra Prime Light Armory (Lightsaber Combat Training)  (Read 28894 times)
Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2017, 12:28:59 PM »

Nero... I'm day 1, saber is in the mail new!!! I'm 43 and I have an apt full of Star Wars, chicks get weirded out but stay anyways lol... how do i get started in training?? Anything in DVD??

Check out our Youtube page, and take a look at the vids there.  You're welcome to join our forum if you'd like to start submitting - TPLALXforum.boards.net.

Hello again, Nero,

I haven't heard anything back from Nonymous. Would you be able to provide me with any more information on staff training?

It's truthfully not a large part of our curriculum, more of a curiosity.  However, we've had some uses for it in the past, such as these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTjSPeP9Ho4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeSHfyhM4f4&t=8s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeXaA5Wwkts

Darthirish
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -5

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2018, 10:45:32 AM »

This is quite old is this still available?

SithMfighterclass
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2019, 03:14:04 PM »

This thread is intended to give some general information about the organization I'm involved with, Terra Prime Light Armory (TPLA).  To give you some background, here's a rundown on some of our key members (many of which are Resident Masters on this forum).

Headmasters:
Darth Nonymous - Formerly a RM here, resigned when running TPLA kept him too busy to contribute here.  Founder and Director of TPLA, extensive background of multiple decades in training and teaching Chinese martial arts.
Nero Attoru - That's me of course!  Background in sport fencing, including coaching at the collegiate level for multiple years.
Artorius Vidnyl - My buddy and an actual walking weapon due to a few decades of training in multiple arts (TKD, BJJ, kenjutsu, etc).
Uilos (aka Craig Page) - Our Lore Master and founding member of the Rogue Alliance in NYC.  Also our expert in stage combat and choreography.
VorNach - Founded TPLA along with Darth Nonymous, extensive background in HEMA (German Longsword in particular).

Knights:
Darth Telos - Runs The Gathering of Sabers (TGOS) in Syracuse, and has decades of experience teaching Chinese and Filipino martial arts.
Harbinger (Jeff) - Runs a kenjutsu dojo, extensive background in Japanese swordsmanship.
Tanq (Rick) - Formed a saber group in Columbus, OH called Orbital Saber Arts.  Background is in various Chinese and Japanese sword styles.

Anyway, hopefully that gives you an idea of our qualifications.  As I mentioned briefly, we currently have a few different physical locations where you can learn lightsaber combat (Syracuse, Columbus, Ann Arbor), and outside of those locations we have many Learners in Exile who train with us online.  They start as Initiates and train Shii-Cho to completion, at which time they move into the Apprentice group to study the next three Forms.  This is accomplished largely via video submissions on our forum (PM me if you want details on joining).

Our use of the Seven Forms, as many of you know, is a progression from the absolute basics to the most advanced concepts.  Here's a basic rundown of how that works.

Form I (Shii-Cho):  Initiate level, teaches the essential core of lightsaber combat (cuts, parries, movement, etc).
Form II (Makashi):  Apprentice level, teaches elements of blade on blade interactions.
Form III (Soresu):  Apprentice level, teaches defensive concepts (orbits and more parries).
Form IV (Ataru): Apprentice level, teaches offensive concepts (power generation).
Form V (Shien and Djem So):  Knight level, brings together previous concepts into a cohesive combat method.
Form VI (Niman):  Headmaster level, takes Form V to a new level by incorporating advanced techniques.
Form VII (Juyo):  Headmaster level, breaks the structure to allow the swordsman true customization of combat techniques.

Any questions or interest, please feel free to contact me!  I'm essentially the most active of my TPLA colleagues on here, so I'd be happy to get anyone set up with our program.  I highly recommend at least checking it out, if you're interested in learning how to use the lightsaber (for any purpose).
awesome👍

Genesis
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 3

Light Side Points Please!

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2019, 08:09:39 PM »

Id love training if that still is possible.

Currently Owned Lightsabers:
- Aeon LE V4 - Stunt - Tri GB
- Dark Initiate V5 - Stunt - BR
- Scorpion - Stunt - Tri AS wo/claw*
- Dark Savior - Stunt - Tri GB w/MLS Tri BR, Tri CG and Tri AB*
- Grand Master x2 - Stunt Double Saberstaff - Tri GB*

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2019, 07:13:37 PM »

Ok…So I've checked this out a few times and I'm completely baffled where/how to begin. Do I just try and copy the Form 1 videos? How does this work?

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

JNovaarii
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2019, 12:28:03 PM »

I am seeing this is something I'd like to get into.  I would be about as green as they come.  I have no martial arts or sword training.  I do however have a saber.  I just need an appropriate length blade, lol

current saber : Initiate v4 with fire orange blade, soon to have Obsidian v3 sound and av switch installed

wishlist dream saber:  Dark Initiate v5 with gold claws, with most of the black anodizing removed to create a custom look

"I am neither a servant of the light or the dark, but a servant of the balanced will of the Force. and serve the greater good of the galaxy"- Jeskaaro Nova'arii, Suva'arii Knight and Elite Guardian of the Fi'arii Empire

Light or dark points appreciated as warranted, My alignment will remain more or less neutral

DrVibble
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

All roads are long roads. So make your own destiny

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2020, 10:19:11 PM »

I've just discovered it, and from now I'll be following your YouTube channel very closely. Exactly what I've always wanted, genuine lightsaber combat techniques!

To walk the line between light and dark is not balance, but compromise.

To control the dark side is to be above its control over you, to be above anger, aggression, greed. To confront and master your fear.

True balance is found in virtue, belief, and control. With these, a Jedi can do anything.

Hulk10
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 6

Force Outcast Juggernaut

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2021, 02:55:08 AM »

I am intrigued too. I have watching Nonymous's breakdown of Jar'Kai most closely. And have committed the basics of that discussion to memory.

The old Jedi ban on marriage is unreasonable and foolish. The old dogma of both Sith and Jedi is foolish
There is no Emotion; There is Peace
There is no Ignorance; There is Knowledge
There is no Passion; There is Serenity
There is no Death; There is The FORCE

Light Side Favored.

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2021, 03:40:52 AM »

unfortunate that none of the TPLA peeps really don't respond much on this thread. I seriously need to find someone to teach me here in nj.

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

Hulk10
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 6

Force Outcast Juggernaut

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2021, 02:27:56 AM »

I find the videos to be usefull. They gave me ideas for dual wielding.

The old Jedi ban on marriage is unreasonable and foolish. The old dogma of both Sith and Jedi is foolish
There is no Emotion; There is Peace
There is no Ignorance; There is Knowledge
There is no Passion; There is Serenity
There is no Death; There is The FORCE

Light Side Favored.

Darth Sabre
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -216

TPLA Knight instructor

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2021, 04:34:35 AM »

https://youtube.com/shorts/Gd8sBvSIlxA?feature=share

Have you wanted to learn the true art of the Lightsaber? TPLA are accepting new students! Anyone from any where in the world can join in! Join a Training Clan and meet our students from our international student body. Come learn from the creators of the TPLA system, and become a part in it's evolution! Enjoy Student class opportunities and special material available to Official Students. And for those who are dedicated, work to become an Apprentice with one of our instructors.

Have more fun than you should learning a martial art! Unlock your imagination and your physical fitness while learning a new and dynamic sport and art.

How do you join?
Create a 1-2 minute video of you performing with your saber. This can be a demonstration of a form, freestyle, drills or your daily practice. This video will let us know what your level is coming in. Send this to us here, in our groups, or email us at terraprimelightsaberacademy@gmail.com between August 23 and August 30th. We will review each video and give feedback.

We look forward to seeing you! Patience, Practice, Perseverance.
Happy Sabering!

Watch TPLA live on Sunday 15 for more background info.

https://youtu.be/sVgqAEY2wN8

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2021, 11:31:08 AM »

let's say you're a rank beginner? You'd like a video of me flailing tragically? Also, cost?

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

Xiphos
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -6

Master the blade - master the self. Train hard.

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2021, 01:24:39 AM »

let's say you're a rank beginner? You'd like a video of me flailing tragically? Also, cost?

No cost. Aside from the Patience, Practice, and Perseverance requested of a TPLA student, training is 100% free.

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2021, 01:48:53 AM »

No cost. Aside from the Patience, Practice, and Perseverance requested of a TPLA student, training is 100% free.

and what should I do for my submission? I am a blank canvas

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

Xiphos
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -6

Master the blade - master the self. Train hard.

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2021, 02:07:53 AM »

and what should I do for my submission? I am a blank canvas

Start here! Shii-Cho, Form I. Learn your basic guards, stances, footwork, cuts, and parries.

https://tplafightingwords.com/2019/01/08/shii-cho-the-beginning-formula/

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: