Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Omen Review  (Read 1093 times)
Darth Cephalus
Supreme Heresiarch of Inadvisable Saber Techniques
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -915

Who watches the watchmen?

« on: July 06, 2017, 05:41:12 AM »

I have had this sitting around for a while and I finally decided to review it. A review of the Dark Omen. This saber is modeled on the Sword of Omens from Thundercats and is probobly the only saber on the market designed to say "Magical sword" more than "futuristic weapon". That said, it has some problems. Watch the video for a look at construction, quality, durability, and practicality.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro8fhBPvA84" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro8fhBPvA84</a>

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 02:35:41 PM »

I didn't know you had an Omen Smiley

I do like the way it looks and as I'm sure you're aware the hilt handle and pommel are a strongly desired feature - for me at least.

Is there another emitter you like to use with the Omen hilt - one that you think looks good with it and increases the usability?

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 07:32:05 PM »

Excellent review. That is a beautiful... saber? Can we call it a saber?

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 09:00:13 PM »

I didn't know you had an Omen Smiley

I do like the way it looks and as I'm sure you're aware the hilt handle and pommel are a strongly desired feature - for me at least.

Is there another emitter you like to use with the Omen hilt - one that you think looks good with it and increases the usability?
The pommel works on just about anything and is awesome to use. The hilt aesthetic is a bit more complicated. It fights with everything I own with the possible exception of the war glaive emitter.

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 11:52:29 PM »

Interesting ...

I'm sure you've heard or even seen that the Manticore emitter is a hit with the Omen hilt. And I'm secretly hoping my EH emitter would make a nice match.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Hansrad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -670

Jedi? Sith? I'm the one with the lightsaber.

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2017, 12:17:21 AM »

Nice review. I always like to see how the different sabers disassemble. Thanks for sharing!

Own: Emerald Overlord, BHManticore, BR Renegade,FO Dominix LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix LE V4 (stunt), GB Apprentice LE(stunt),BR Dark Initiate LE V4 (stunt), AS Apprentice LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix V3 (stunt), SRD Darkish Liberator (stunt) Emerald Lost Grey.

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2017, 02:26:59 AM »

Very informative review.
I like that you went into why it shouldn't be used for dueling

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2017, 04:36:08 AM »

Interesting ...

I'm sure you've heard or even seen that the Manticore emitter is a hit with the Omen hilt. And I'm secretly hoping my EH emitter would make a nice match.

I have done that but don't like it. The hilt is on the long side and it makes the Maticore emitter look stubby to me. To my mind, it needs something long, that is why the War Glaive works for me.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2017, 02:04:04 PM »

Awesome saber and review, DC.  I still want one of these, eventually.  Fortunately, I only plan to use mine as a display piece, well and for reenacting certain things from the show.  Wink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: