Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Looking for some input.  (Read 2645 times)
BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« on: July 08, 2017, 06:41:07 PM »

A couple of days ago I decided I will purchasing my last Ultrasaber of the year. It will be a Diamond Controller setup in RGBW and have a recharge port. My dilemma is which hilt do I want. Should I get a new hilt, the Archon v2.1, or get another Emperor's Hand but with the squared activation box (As that is all they are offering at this current moment)? Just looking for some input.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 09:17:42 PM »

If I'm going to spend that much money on a saber, I want something different than I already have in my lineup, unless I bought a stunt that has now become my go to saber. Therefore, I'd get the Archon, because unless I'm doing a staff (which I don't) I don't see the need to have multiples of the same saber just to change on little aspect of it.

That's just me, though. It's your money, so do what you want with it.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

BatMike90
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 09:51:43 AM »

If I'm going to spend that much money on a saber, I want something different than I already have in my lineup, unless I bought a stunt that has now become my go to saber. Therefore, I'd get the Archon, because unless I'm doing a staff (which I don't) I don't see the need to have multiples of the same saber just to change on little aspect of it.

That's just me, though. It's your money, so do what you want with it.

Thanks for taking the time to give your opinion. I do want both hilts. I haven't made a decision yet. I kind of want to give that squared activation box a try to see if is as bad as some of said. I don't know what to do, ao until I do. I will just keep doing some research. Thanks again. Point.

Arsenel:
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 03:15:09 PM »

They usually are as bad as everyone says.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=35253.msg569902#msg569902

Unless it's going to be a showpiece, I wouldn't spend $400+ on a saber that has a feature the vast majority of the sabering community finds uncomfortable.

Some people have found ways around it due to hand size and placement, but I don't think a person needs to do all that just to make a saber work for them.

I'd spend some time with your EH and use it for what you use it for, but I'd pay attention to your activation box. How often do your fingers and palms contact It? Where is the contact on the box? And if it was a square, how much more would you contact it?

I'd just hate to see you feel like you wasted your money.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 02:37:17 AM »

Dark Catalyst. Hardly see any Catalysts of either version =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

BatMike90
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2017, 04:33:43 AM »

They usually are as bad as everyone says.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=35253.msg569902#msg569902

Unless it's going to be a showpiece, I wouldn't spend $400+ on a saber that has a feature the vast majority of the sabering community finds uncomfortable.

Some people have found ways around it due to hand size and placement, but I don't think a person needs to do all that just to make a saber work for them.

I'd spend some time with your EH and use it for what you use it for, but I'd pay attention to your activation box. How often do your fingers and palms contact It? Where is the contact on the box? And if it was a square, how much more would you contact it?

I'd just hate to see you feel like you wasted your money.

I appreciate that. You bring a very valid point. The squared activation boxes are why I won't ever be getting a Chosen One or Graflex. And you are right, I don't want to spend that kind of money on a show piece.

Dark Catalyst. Hardly see any Catalysts of either version =]

The Dark Catalyst doesn't call to me but thanks for the suggestion.

Arsenel:
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
BatMike90's Soundfonts

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2017, 05:15:46 AM »

I agree that if it was me I would get a different hilt than what I already have. So it would be the Archon V2.1. For no other reason than just having something different.

JdiKnhtJMH
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 262

Jedi Weapons Master

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2017, 08:44:32 AM »

A couple of days ago I decided I will purchasing my last Ultrasaber of the year. It will be a Diamond Controller setup in RGBW and have a recharge port. My dilemma is which hilt do I want. Should I get a new hilt, the Archon v2.1, or get another Emperor's Hand but with the squared activation box (As that is all they are offering at this current moment)? Just looking for some input.

I notice you dont have a Manticore. Thatd be a great diamond saber

Arsenal with Obsidian Sound And Silver Flash on Clash:

Kylo Ren Flamberge, Dark War Glaive, Reaper w/ Dornian pommel, Bane, Menace, Vader Prophecy, Darth Sidious Initiate V4
Dorinian, Obi Wan ROTS Archon, Regal Mantis, Spectre, Anakin AOTC Prophecy
Consular, Dark Shock, Yoda Initiate, Luke ROTJ Archon, Kit Fisto Menace
RGB: Bellicose Staff, Raven, Manticore Staff, Emerald Catalyst
Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand

BatMike90
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2017, 06:32:41 AM »

Just an update, I am now very interested in getting the Archon V3.1 as I have the pommel and emitter for the Archon V2.1.

Arsenel:
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
BatMike90's Soundfonts

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2017, 09:51:20 AM »

Picking up my V3.1 from the post office tomorrow, plan on getting the 2.1 emitter the next time I order something. Seems like a smart thing to do.

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2017, 11:56:59 AM »

Just an update, I am now very interested in getting the Archon V3.1 as I have the pommel and emitter for the Archon V2.1.

The thing about the 3.1 (beautiful hilt, by the way) is that people have routinely said it is not as combat useable nor as bright due to the shallow emitter and thin neck, respectively. An Archon 2.1 emitter and tri cree bulbs are the solutions to both of those. People just say they notice some blade wiggle and a slightly dimmer blade with the 3.1 emitter and regular bulbs.

Just something to think about and prepare for, in case those things are high priority for you.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2017, 01:42:57 PM »

Good idea!  If you already have the thicker neck from the V2.1, you'll have a very versatile saber there.  I haven't owned the Archon myself, but being around this forum for long enough, I've seen plenty of positive reviews on it.  Seems like you can't go wrong with that option, so it has my vote.

Or, you know, get the Dark Prophecy... Wink

BatMike90
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2017, 07:42:44 PM »

Thank you to all you gave their input. I have just purchased my last saber for the year. Here are the specs:

1 of : Archon v3.1 with Sound (Diamond)
[Diamond Controller LED Type:RGBW LED]
[Diamond Blade LED Color:Guardian Blue for Diamond]
[Diamond Flash on Clash:Flash Arctic Blue for Diamond]
[Diamond Pulse Mode:Diamond Pulse to Dark Violet Amethyst]
[Battery Configuration:Li-Ion Setup (Batteries & XTAR VC2 Plus Charger Included)]
[Recharge Port:Recharge Port + No Charger]
[Archon v3 Blade Type:Heavy Grade for Archon v3]
[Blade Length:36" Standard Size]
[Diamond Sound:Diamond Sound]
[Pommel Version:Classic Version]
[Switch Type:Silver Non-Illuminated AV Switch]
[Blade Tip:Round Tip]
[Include Retention Screw Wrench:No Thanks]
[Include Blade Plug:Yes, Include Standard Plug]
[Include Saber Stand:No Thanks]
[Include MICRO USB Cable:Yes]
[Include Covertec Clip:No Thanks]
[Install Covertec Wheel:Yes ($10 install + $4 covertec)]

Arsenel:
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Hansrad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -670

Jedi? Sith? I'm the one with the lightsaber.

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2017, 09:08:51 PM »

Congrats on your order! I've been trying to get an Archon since I first started coming here. Something always gets pushed up the priority list though. I'm planning on going with a 3.1 since like you I already have a 2.1 emitter, that way you practically get both sabers!

Own: Emerald Overlord, BHManticore, BR Renegade,FO Dominix LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix LE V4 (stunt), GB Apprentice LE(stunt),BR Dark Initiate LE V4 (stunt), AS Apprentice LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix V3 (stunt), SRD Darkish Liberator (stunt) Emerald Lost Grey.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2017, 09:47:53 PM »

Congrats upon making your final decision.  I think that the Archon already comes with a covertec wheel installed unless the v3 version does not.  If so, then you should get a refund... but it's odd that you were able to choose that add on option when making your customized purchase.  Smiley

EDIT:  Hmm... looks like only the v2.1 version comes with the covertec.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: