Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Dragon Con 2017 Sith warrior.  (Read 2716 times)
Dormomus
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -4

Darth Dormomus the Destroyer

« on: July 09, 2017, 09:21:41 PM »

Hey, Guys! This is my first build really, so I'm not expecting it to be amazing but hey, might as well give it a shot! I am taking some inspiration from a post by AlthaxX a while back and a picture I found on the internet that I'll post later once I find it. I'll try to be super detailed but if you have any questions I'll update once a week or so with the progress I've made. I'm hoping to get it done before Dragon Con this year and then wear it for Halloween as well. Be sure to check back once a week or so for new updates!

Thanks- Dormomus the Destroyer

"Destroy everything that stands in your way."
- Dormomus the Destroyer

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 03:30:57 AM »

Looking forward to seeing the work

Dormomus
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 11:40:42 PM »

Ok. So, I'm not sure how to add a new post so I'm just going to keep replying with updates. I'll try to keep the posts every Monday. I won't post the next two weeks but then I'm going to really kick it up. So, I got some work done so let's start with the basics. First I had to come with a basic concept art and came up with a couple. The first one is for the soft parts(the fabric) under the armor. Next, I came up with a final design. I can't figure out the picture insert but once I do ill post the photos.

- Dormomus the Destroyer

Dormomus
Force Sensitive

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 12:10:28 AM »

Ok, figured out the photos. Here they are. This was my first sketch:

And here is my final design:

Next, I did some work figuring out the armor. Here is what I drew up using Mandalorian templates from Mandalorian Mercs. (Shout out to my fellow Mandos!) I used Pixlr, a great free online photo editor.

The beauty of using things like this that are symmetrical from side to side is that while this is the template for the left side, I simply flip it over for the right side! Now, I printed this out at the scale I wanted and then cut along the line separating the top and bottom halves. I then traced these onto poster board because it's less floppy and easier to trace onto foam.

Here's what those look like.(note the shaded part is a tab to attach the lower half to the upper half.

Check back in two weeks or so when I'll have the bracers and hopefully the boots.

- Dormomus the Destroyer

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 12:36:16 AM »

Hi.  Unfortunately no photos.  We would like to see all of your cosplay ideas and plans.  Smiley

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 07:23:55 AM »

Same =] When I can get the chance I'll post some pictures of my simple as can be Sith cosplay I made I plan to debut at some point this year even if its at a family gathering or party or whatever Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Dormomus
Force Sensitive

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2017, 11:50:53 PM »

Hey guys, so I'm back from vacation and I've gotten some work done.

First, I finally have a basic plan for the arm guards. They're pretty simple but I think with some painting they should actually look pretty cool. For these, I just measured the length of my arm from my wrist to my elbow. I just sort of guessed on the widths and they actually turned out nicely. I didn't get a photo but to make it symmetrical, I folded the paper in half and drew one side of the piece and then cut it out and unfolded it.

Then, I started working on the ab plating. I wanted it to be a couple pieces that overlapped and spread and contract to make moving easier. To do this, they will be attached with elastic to each other with some nylon straps to make sure they don't stretch too far. They will have nylon loops to attach the bottom layer to my belt so they stay positioned corectly.

The top abb piece is also the back that holds the upper torso together to that one I just added a couple inches to the original abb design It does need to extend past the top of the main chest pieces so it can hold on the collar piece which I am doing tomorrow. I'll post that and the thigh armor tomorrow.

Im also going to make a cardboard prototype to make sure it fits well and then make adjustments if needed. It's starting to get to crunch time with the con a month away so Ill start banging out some serious work so make sure to check beack once or twice a week so you don't miss anything. See you next time.

- Dormomus the Destroyer

Dormomus
Force Sensitive

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2017, 09:59:04 PM »

OK, sorry for my absence I've been sick and really busy. I have gotten a good bit done though in the past couple of days so here is what I've got.

I started on all the soft parts(fabric) and actually got a good bit done. I finished the template for the obi(the sash that goes behind the belt). I also finished the template for the bottom part of the robes.

I then made both of them out of muslin, a cheap fabric used for prototyping to make sure everything fits. I push-pinned the two pieces together and they fit! (I couldn't figure out how to get a good picture though).
I also made a pattern for the back half of the upper robes. This was done with a shirt I wear a lot and really like the fit of and some masking tape (see here for an in-depth tutorial by an amazing YouTuber: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtHWPjEH1ls) I am almost done with the prototype for the tabards, which I will finish tomorrow. With Dragon Con a week away it's crunch time! I will probably post again Saturday or Sunday afternoon since I am going to be banging out a TON of work this weekend. See you next time, Dormomus Out!

Ps. What should his name be?
Pps. Sorry about the photos, still trying to figure out why they wont show up.

- Dormomus the Destroyer

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2017, 10:45:16 PM »

Looking very good!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: