Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Maul WIP  (Read 6106 times)
tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2017, 11:12:26 PM »

Looking good, very nice mask, and your killing it on the spinning.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Hansrad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -670

Jedi? Sith? I'm the one with the lightsaber.

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2017, 03:55:09 AM »

That's some amazing spinning! Totally jealous. It must take tons of practice. I can do fairly decent with a single, but when I try a staff everything seems to fall apart.

Own: Emerald Overlord, BHManticore, BR Renegade,FO Dominix LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix LE V4 (stunt), GB Apprentice LE(stunt),BR Dark Initiate LE V4 (stunt), AS Apprentice LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix V3 (stunt), SRD Darkish Liberator (stunt) Emerald Lost Grey.

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2017, 07:28:58 AM »

That's some amazing spinning! Totally jealous. It must take tons of practice. I can do fairly decent with a single, but when I try a staff everything seems to fall apart.
I practice every other day or so for maybe 30 minutes.  I've been instructing someone and those lessons go for a couple hours and its maybe once a week.

Staff wasn't hard to pick up because it reminds me a lot of using reverse grip and I do a lot of grip changes with single saber.  Pm me if you have some questions, maybe I can help.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2017, 03:23:00 PM »

Dude, you're awesome.  That's some fantastic spinning.  It always amazes me how you (and others) seamlessly transition from hand to hand like that.  Just holding a saber in my left hand feels weird.  I can't wait to see that Menace staff, when you get it.  Cool

Samhain138
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Aw, crap.

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2017, 01:24:27 AM »

All these moves I've been practicing for this cosplay are really starting to come together
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y23SwuwFPrc&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y23SwuwFPrc&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

I'm really debating holding out on the actual costume parts and seeing if I can try to lose some weight before the event. 

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2017, 01:38:25 PM »

All these moves I've been practicing for this cosplay are really starting to come together
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y23SwuwFPrc&feature=youtu.be

I'm really debating holding out on the actual costume parts and seeing if I can try to lose some weight before the event. 

Wow Sam your spinning looks effortless and awesome!  I can't wait to see you in full costume ^^  GREAT job  Smiley

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2017, 01:46:44 PM »

Yeah, that's a pretty sick looking routine, dude.  Proof that practice pays off.  Smiley

Samhain138
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Aw, crap.

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2017, 02:23:57 PM »

Menace staff is out for delivery today!  So excited!

Samhain138
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Aw, crap.

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2017, 06:11:17 PM »

Having some fun on Instagram today.  I did a mock costume with some parts I had around the house.  Nowhere near the final version. 

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2017, 06:20:51 PM »

That's some good stuff, especially that first pic.  Cheesy

Kouri
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 328

Artisan

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2017, 06:25:17 PM »

I don't know much about makeup, but you might want to look into something you can apply over that mask to get the shine off. Should help it look less plastic.

Neat ensemble anywho.

Samhain138
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Aw, crap.

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2017, 06:37:04 PM »

I don't know much about makeup, but you might want to look into something you can apply over that mask to get the shine off. Should help it look less plastic.

Neat ensemble anywho.

It's difficult to convey without seeing it in person.  It's shine seems to come from the front facing cameras I'm using or the light that was literally in my face for the video.  It's not as bad seeing it in person or in natural light.  It looks more organic.  I found it looked more rubbery when it was matte.

Samhain138
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Aw, crap.

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2017, 10:50:32 PM »

I'm going to try and get a matte finish on the mask.  The shine didn't really turn out how I wanted it to.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: