Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Hello from DFW  (Read 10586 times)
BMayo713
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 4

« on: July 11, 2017, 06:18:54 PM »

Hey everyone. Grabbed a mystery box at RTX over the weekend and wound up with an Arbiter that had an emerald driver and obsidian board. From what the guy at the booth said it was a lucky grab. Hoping to meet some other people in my area to learn how to properly use this baby for more than just wall hanging and swinging around when board.

What's to understand? It's a sword not a fighter jet. Swish Swish Stab!- Lavernius Tucker

I do not limit myself to either side of the force, as such I will accept whatever point you wish to give.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 06:33:14 PM »

Hey everyone. Grabbed a mystery box at RTX over the weekend and wound up with an Arbiter that had an emerald driver and obsidian board. From what the guy at the booth said it was a lucky grab. Hoping to meet some other people in my area to learn how to properly use this baby for more than just wall hanging and swinging around when board.
Do tell of this mystery box with mythical prizes contained within. Shocked

I'm also curious about:

- how much said mystery box ran you containing a $400+ saber?
- what is RTX?
- and what side of the Force you roll on.

Welcome to the forum. If you've got questions, we've got answers......or we know who does. Grin

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 07:29:01 PM »

RTX is a Gaming con in Austin Tx. from what I could find. regardless, nice hilt and options.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

BMayo713
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 07:44:20 PM »

Do tell of this mystery box with mythical prizes contained within. Shocked

I'm also curious about:

- how much said mystery box ran you containing a $400+ saber?
- what is RTX?
- and what side of the Force you roll on.

Welcome to the forum. If you've got questions, we've got answers......or we know who does. Grin

Haha, thanks. I've already been using the search feature to seek out answers to any questions. Though, I've mostly just been downloading sound fonts and playing with that.

As for your questions, RTX is an annual convention put on by Rooster Teeth (creators of web shows like RWBY, and Red vs Blue) for their community members. Ultra Sabers was there and were selling "mystery boxes" for $75 and $200 respectively. I think the $75 boxes would at best maybe have sounds but were probably mostly just your most basic sabers. I opted for the $200 because it guaranteed sound. I had no clue what I was getting or how to operate/care for it so I had the guy at the booth go over it with me. He seemed somewhat surprised when he realized what it was and told me it's value. I don't think it's something they're going to be doing on their site ala the "grab bag" but more something they do at conventions.

As for what side of the force I roll? Well...The only thing I can really rely on for an accurate measurement is my old KOTOR playthrough...where I went pretty much down the middle...not sure if that helps.

What's to understand? It's a sword not a fighter jet. Swish Swish Stab!- Lavernius Tucker

I do not limit myself to either side of the force, as such I will accept whatever point you wish to give.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 08:24:06 PM »

Haha, thanks. I've already been using the search feature to seek out answers to any questions. Though, I've mostly just been downloading sound fonts and playing with that.

As for your questions, RTX is an annual convention put on by Rooster Teeth (creators of web shows like RWBY, and Red vs Blue) for their community members. Ultra Sabers was there and were selling "mystery boxes" for $75 and $200 respectively. I think the $75 boxes would at best maybe have sounds but were probably mostly just your most basic sabers. I opted for the $200 because it guaranteed sound. I had no clue what I was getting or how to operate/care for it so I had the guy at the booth go over it with me. He seemed somewhat surprised when he realized what it was and told me it's value. I don't think it's something they're going to be doing on their site ala the "grab bag" but more something they do at conventions.

As for what side of the force I roll? Well...The only thing I can really rely on for an accurate measurement is my old KOTOR playthrough...where I went pretty much down the middle...not sure if that helps.
Really? Tell me more about this Rooster Teeth. Roll Eyes (FYI I'm like the resident RVB fanatic.)  Tongue I thought RT was based out of Portland. Or does the con make a tour?

I think the $75s would more likely have been premium stunt sabers, as sound usually costs a pretty penny. But you seriously scored with that Arbiter. I love mine, I just wish the neck were shorter.

As for points, I'll just set you up with LS. That way you can at least have something.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

BMayo713
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 08:45:05 PM »

Really? Tell me more about this Rooster Teeth. Roll Eyes (FYI I'm like the resident RVB fanatic.)  Tongue I thought RT was based out of Portland. Or does the con make a tour?

I think the $75s would more likely have been premium stunt sabers, as sound usually costs a pretty penny. But you seriously scored with that Arbiter. I love mine, I just wish the neck were shorter.

As for points, I'll just set you up with LS. That way you can at least have something.

Nope, they're based out of Austin. They go to cons all over the place, so you may have seen them at a booth or two in Portland or something. If you're a fan of RvB you should go next year (Aug 3-5).

Yeah, looking at the site I feel like either way there was a good chance you'd get your money's worth, though I don't know what the odds were for anything with an emerald driver. All I know is that i'm pleased with it, including the length of the neck. I'm around 6'2 so I've got a pretty long armspan, and I've found just messing around that I can easily and comfortably switch from two to one hand.

Also, thanks for the points.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 08:55:25 PM »

Nope, they're based out of Austin. They go to cons all over the place, so you may have seen them at a booth or two in Portland or something. If you're a fan of RvB you should go next year (Aug 3-5).

Yeah, looking at the site I feel like either way there was a good chance you'd get your money's worth, though I don't know what the odds were for anything with an emerald driver. All I know is that i'm pleased with it, including the length of the neck. I'm around 6'2 so I've got a pretty long armspan, and I've found just messing around that I can easily and comfortably switch from two to one hand.

Also, thanks for the points.
Height isn't my issue, I just prefer a short hilt.

Would love to, but Austin is a bit difficult for me to get to. Northern Indiana.
I'm currently working on (A) a group to group cosplay as the Reds & Blues [I get to be Church] and (B) a decent source of affordable armor and weapons.

Sig by For Tyeth

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2017, 08:56:55 PM »

Hello and welcome to the addiction!   Wink  That was a great score from your mystery box! We all like to see pics of sabers, hint! MYFBWY!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

BMayo713
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2017, 09:14:02 PM »

Hello and welcome to the addiction!   Wink  That was a great score from your mystery box! We all like to see pics of sabers, hint! MYFBWY!

Not the best pic but here you go.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2017, 09:17:53 PM »

Have you figured out how to work the pulse feature. Once I figured it out, I loved it.

Sig by For Tyeth

BMayo713
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2017, 09:21:26 PM »

Have you figured out how to work the pulse feature. Once I figured it out, I loved it.

You mean for "lock up" or in the software where it changes colors during the hum? The answer either way is yes, if not either of those then the answer is a resounding...maybe. Haha. I am however pretty much just going to keep it as one color, and while I like sentinel yellow because I never see much of it on the big screen (or in cosplays) my wife thinks I should keep it either green or blue...or purple. But since I'm not Sam L Jackson I think i'll stick with blue.

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2017, 11:03:26 PM »

Welcome to the addiction and congrats on a sweet grab bag! Point

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

BMayo713
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2017, 01:04:41 AM »

Thanks, my wife keeps wanting to play even though she says she doesn't want one. She may wind up getting a late birthday present though haha.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2017, 05:18:21 AM »

Welcome. Since you are already using the Search Function, and Logos has already told you to feel free to ask questions, I really don't have that much to say. Great grab with that Arbiter. Don't have one myself yet, but I look forward to the day when I can get one. Hope to see you around.

Again, welcome.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Lord Raváge
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1453

Ki tsimsima tuti mazo Galactic, Nu qorit dudnims!

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2017, 06:00:53 AM »

Labintias sulig tave Jen' Garthaz iv SoCal, bustas iv tave Tsis!!! Cool
(Greetings from the Dark Side of SoCal, domicile of the Sith)

Zhelosa kia tu'iea kitok addiction! Grin
(Welcome to your new addiction!)

Galez Akuyi Buti Su J'us!
(May The Force Be With You!)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: