Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Hello from DFW  (Read 10596 times)
Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2017, 03:37:27 AM »

we have every race here, almost every facet of the world represented. English, French, Canadian, even us Natives.
those of us that have been here a while know who's who, from where, race, religion, etc. the only part that matters is the love of star wars and lightsabers.
we're a community that's like family to each other...even that weird cousinCheesy

*whispers* His name is Darth Logos if you hadn't already figured it out. Wink

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Lord Raváge
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1453

Ki tsimsima tuti mazo Galactic, Nu qorit dudnims!

« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2017, 04:33:44 AM »

Yeah to get a good non pinkish purple I had to set up a blue with a hint of red... But if I ever wanna be racist black face mace windup for Halloween I guess I know how to set the saber up. Also, I'll never do that.

"Well, there's this passage I've got memorized that sort of fits this occasion. Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of the evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and goodwill, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee!" - Jules

Jokes aside...in the interest of self-preservation, it is unwise for one to don blackface in public "for any reason in the 21st century" without being prepared to suffer the consequences. - Lord Raváge Cool

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2017, 05:31:02 PM »

think we had at the inro...or the fact US is in the U.S. plus some of the greeters. but the point was made. we are a rather diverse group of people united under the US product logo.
I know. I'm just giving you crap. Tongue

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2017, 07:10:18 PM »

I know. I'm just giving you crap. Tongue

all good. I poke back.  Grin

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2017, 08:01:54 PM »

And that's why we get along so well

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Logan Skywalker
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

Keeper of The Balance

« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2017, 11:28:41 PM »

Hello! Glad to see others from DFW on the forum. I am excited to hopefully order my first mystery box next week. Also sent you a couple of messages. I am looking for others in the area interested in getting together for some dueling?sparring. Nice saber btw.

Logan "The Grey" Skywalker

BMayo713
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2017, 02:51:53 AM »

Hello! Glad to see others from DFW on the forum. I am excited to hopefully order my first mystery box next week. Also sent you a couple of messages. I am looking for others in the area interested in getting together for some dueling?sparring. Nice saber btw.

Thanks, yeah I'll get back at you. I've seen some posts from others around the forum looking to start a group here or there but they're all older posts and I didn't want to necro a post. Good luck with the mystery box, I'm sure you'll get something you'll really enjoy.

What's to understand? It's a sword not a fighter jet. Swish Swish Stab!- Lavernius Tucker

I do not limit myself to either side of the force, as such I will accept whatever point you wish to give.

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2017, 04:44:00 AM »

check the saber groups area. if none of those are active....pm me and I'd be happy to set you guys up with a Tx chapter of the Jedi council.
already have Mi and Oh up and running, plus the PR and format makes it easier to take what works and hit the ground running.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

BMayo713
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2017, 01:14:55 PM »

check the saber groups area. if none of those are active....pm me and I'd be happy to set you guys up with a Tx chapter of the Jedi council.
already have Mi and Oh up and running, plus the PR and format makes it easier to take what works and hit the ground running.

From what I have seen on the forums (and google searches) no one has been able to successfully get a group started in the Dallas area. Houston and San Antonio seem to have a few different groups going but who wants to drive 3+ hrs all the time to bang sabers. I barely did that for scrims when I played tournament paintball.

What's to understand? It's a sword not a fighter jet. Swish Swish Stab!- Lavernius Tucker

I do not limit myself to either side of the force, as such I will accept whatever point you wish to give.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2017, 01:30:40 PM »

From what I have seen on the forums (and google searches) no one has been able to successfully get a group started in the Dallas area. Houston and San Antonio seem to have a few different groups going but who wants to drive 3+ hrs all the time to bang sabers. I barely did that for scrims when I played tournament paintball.
Well sounds you need a smaller state. Tongue

Sig by For Tyeth

BMayo713
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2017, 01:34:48 PM »

Well sounds you need a smaller state. Tongue

Hah, you have no idea. If I drive 6 hrs west I'll just wind up in the city I grew up in, and still be at least 2hrs away from New Mexico. Though my mom would be happy for the visit Tongue

Logan Skywalker
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

Keeper of The Balance

« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2018, 10:32:35 PM »

Hi,
We have duelists here, I have been meeting with TSL texas charter, but am not happy with the general top leadership of TSL, there is a light speed group, I'm gonna go with a friend to one of their meets, but I don't like their focus, with them its all about speed and very little concern for technique, Thus a couple of us are looking to set up something else. If interested PM me, we will be using TPLA, and Bendu Lightsaber Combat as our go to for instruction, and will be dueling as often as everyone wants to, Id be down for 3-5 times a week lol, but I know most people cant do that.

Logan "The Grey" Skywalker

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 464

We are what they grow beyond

« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2018, 06:23:25 AM »

Hello and welcome BMayo713!

Congrats on your great Mystery Box saber!

Hah, you have no idea. If I drive 6 hrs west I'll just wind up in the city I grew up in, and still be at least 2hrs away from New Mexico. Though my mom would be happy for the visit Tongue
The United States really amaze me with your conception of distances...
From my little corner of french-speaking western Switzerland, driving less than an hour west would get me to France, 1 hour north-east would make me change language for german dialects, 2h to 2h30 south or north I'd be in Italy or Germany and if i go east 3h30 to Lichtenstein and 4h to Austria. Basically, I can drive any direction and I'd be in a different country in less time than it would take you to get to San Antonio or Houston.

This reminds me of something someone once told me of the difference between people in North America vs Europe:
"In Europe 100 miles is a long way, in North America 100 years is a long time"

Hopefully you'll be able to find a group with which to clash sabers. I was lucky enough to have a groupe active in my region (in my city and in 3 others cities within 1h drive).

Sabers Owned
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, SRD with AB FoC, windows and Green-Illuminated A/V Switch
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, AB with windows
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, SRD with windows
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, GB with AS FoC, windows and Non-Illuminated Silver A/V Switch
- Dominix V4, Stunt, BR with windows
- Bellicose, LITE sound, AS with AB FoC, Black blade holder, Bronze button, Long grooves pommel and White-Illuminated A/V Switch

KennayGW
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 31

Force of the North and the Far East

« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2018, 06:50:28 AM »

Welcome to the forum my friend

Emperors Hand
Phantom V4
Diamond Initiate LE V4

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2018, 12:16:23 AM »

Hello and welcome to the forum. Sweet grab sir. Just got a diamond controller myself. So much fun on the horizon. Do enjoy your saber and thanks for the pic.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: