Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Kouri's Kylo Ren - 2017 Revision  (Read 15005 times)
Huer-Ta
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 34

« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2017, 03:41:11 AM »

Man that's a night and day difference from the stock BS saber! I'll have to find you at the Con, I'll be there in my Jedi  costume all weekend.

Kouri
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 328

Artisan

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2017, 09:05:42 PM »

Man that's a night and day difference from the stock BS saber! I'll have to find you at the Con, I'll be there in my Jedi  costume all weekend.

Ah, that probably won't happen. I found out SuperCon in Ft Lauderdale is having a couple of saber combat workshops on Saturday, so I'm changing great and heading that way this weekend.

Kouri
Knight Commander

Artisan

« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2017, 02:14:27 AM »

Was a mad dash to get the costume tweaked. Big change was moving the pleated sleeves to another layer for better range of motion and the ability to re-use them for an Ep8 costume. Also added some clips to the coat to hide my audio equipment under the scarf.

Still need to make a smaller belt and tweak a few other things, but have a couple of SuperCon pics!

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2017, 12:31:59 PM »

Was a mad dash to get the costume tweaked. Big change was moving the pleated sleeves to another layer for better range of motion and the ability to re-use them for an Ep8 costume. Also added some clips to the coat to hide my audio equipment under the scarf.

Still need to make a smaller belt and tweak a few other things, but have a couple of SuperCon pics!

Kouri you look absolutely BADASS!  Outstanding costume  Cheesy

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Kouri
Knight Commander

Artisan

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2017, 01:33:21 PM »

Heh, here's another shot with Grandma:

And an explanation for where I hid the audio equipment:

Orange is the mic, blue are the amps/speakers, green is the pitch shifter and mic power, while purple are the audio cables running from Mic>Pitchshifter>Amp1, and Saber>Amp2

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2017, 06:47:00 PM »

Looking badass, great job!

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2017, 03:05:45 AM »

Excellent work on it

Kouri
Knight Commander

Artisan

« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2017, 12:51:38 AM »

Probably my favorite part about this picture is the moment afterward.

Random Guy: "Hey, say 'Thanks, Grandpa.' "
Kylo Voice: "THANKS GRANDPA!"
*laughter*

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2017, 12:56:21 AM »

awesome lol

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Huer-Ta
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 34

« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2017, 02:32:58 PM »

Man, everything turned out really well!  Great work Smiley

Kouri
Knight Commander

Artisan

« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2017, 01:49:34 PM »

Touching up the saber before I tackle the leather cape.

Had this in pieces for a while to investigate the audio whine from the crossguard circuit. Turns out there's no preventing it without going for a custom soundboard, so soldered everything back up and hit the hilt with a gloss coat.

I'm usually opposed to gloss on cosplay pieces (a bad job can make pieces look plastic), but just about everything on Kylo's supposed to shine to prevent his design from being a formless black blob.

Also made some replacement clips and test-fit the new transparent red wire.

I'll try for a proper photoshoot after the hurricane passes,

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2017, 01:54:28 PM »

Touching up the saber before I tackle the leather cape.

Had this in pieces for a while to investigate the audio whine from the crossguard circuit. Turns out there's no preventing it without going for a custom soundboard, so soldered everything back up and hit the hilt with a gloss coat.

I'm usually opposed to gloss on cosplay pieces (a bad job can make pieces look plastic), but just about everything on Kylo's supposed to shine to prevent his design from being a formless black blob.

Also made some replacement clips and test-fit the new transparent red wire.

I'll try for a proper photoshoot after the hurricane passes,
Wow Kouri, you have some SKILLS; that saber is remarkable (and realistic) looking!  Outstanding work  Smiley

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2017, 04:22:58 PM »

Just now saw this thread and the brilliant work on the saber and costume. I'm applauding you right now. This is incredible work, and in my opinion movie ready.  You must get a LOT of requests for pictures at Comic Cons.  Cheesy  Very nice work. So impressive. Seeing the work you poured into this sure makes my costume look entry level. I still love my costume but this is a whole other level. Thanks for sharing the development on this. For sure deserving of point after point after point, so expect a few to be coming your way over the next 24 hours.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2017, 06:57:09 PM »

Wow looking really great. I agree with Lord Bladewraith that this looks movie prop ready. Point for continued awesomeness.

Darkside Points Please

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2017, 02:57:13 AM »

Hilt is definitely looking the part

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: