Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: MAC: Ultrasabers Launcher with Diamond Controller UPDATED & SIGNED 03-18-2020  (Read 26734 times)
MVHI JEDI
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 115

"Sometimes I amaze even MYSELF."

« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2020, 10:10:42 AM »

As far as I know the last Launcher for Windows was made January 2018 (Version 2.45).

Cool.  Thanks.

LIGHT SIDE POINTS APPRECIATED WHEN EARNED.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2021, 02:08:23 AM »

Okay, so macOS 12 Monterey, to be released in September 2021, will no longer support the Late 2013 MacBook Pro that I own, and the new machines available no longer have USB-A ports.

Will I be able to use a USB-4/Thunderbolt hub with USB-A ports and still update my Diamond saber?

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2021, 07:17:52 PM »

Okay, so macOS 12 Monterey, to be released in September 2021, will no longer support the Late 2013 MacBook Pro that I own, and the new machines available no longer have USB-A ports.

Will I be able to use a USB-4/Thunderbolt hub with USB-A ports and still update my Diamond saber?

In addition to this question above, is the Mac version of the controller software that can deal with the new Obsidian sound boards available for download?

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2021, 01:15:50 AM »

The answer is yes; yes, it works fine, as verified with an M1 MacBook Air running MacOS Monterey 12.0.1 this evening.  It also works just fine when an Obsidian v4 saber is plugged in instead of a Diamond saber; it detects and identifies the boards properly.

As usual, the trick is using a cable (mini-USB for the Obsidian v4, and micro-USB for the Diamond) that will transmit both power AND data.

nunya
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2021, 08:08:11 PM »

The answer is yes; yes, it works fine, as verified with an M1 MacBook Air running MacOS Monterey 12.0.1 this evening.  It also works just fine when an Obsidian v4 saber is plugged in instead of a Diamond saber; it detects and identifies the boards properly.

As usual, the trick is using a cable (mini-USB for the Obsidian v4, and micro-USB for the Diamond) that will transmit both power AND data.
Pointed!  great work answering your own question Smiley

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2021, 04:01:05 PM »

Pointed!  great work answering your own question Smiley

Well, I had to wait until I upgraded to be ABLE to test this, and I was hoping to know ahead of time whether I would need to keep my older machine for compatibility with my sabers.  Since nobody answered the question ahead of time, I decided NOT to trade in my older laptop when I bought my new one. 

And since I had to make the test anyway for my own use, I figured I’d share the knowledge here, and maybe help out someone else.  That sort of behavior is one of the things that makes this a good community, and I want to keep it that way, not drag it down.

nunya
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2021, 07:17:01 PM »

Well, I had to wait until I upgraded to be ABLE to test this, and I was hoping to know ahead of time whether I would need to keep my older machine for compatibility with my sabers.  Since nobody answered the question ahead of time, I decided NOT to trade in my older laptop when I bought my new one. 

And since I had to make the test anyway for my own use, I figured I’d share the knowledge here, and maybe help out someone else.  That sort of behavior is one of the things that makes this a good community, and I want to keep it that way, not drag it down.
you did it!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: