Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: MAC: Ultrasabers Launcher with Diamond Controller UPDATED & SIGNED 03-18-2020  (Read 27010 times)
Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2019, 11:53:41 AM »

It should since this update was supposed to ensure compatibility with the new Mac OS.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 701

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2019, 10:07:45 PM »

If you already have a previous version of the Launcher installed you should uninstall the older, 32 bit, pre-v2.50 Launcher and install the new, 64 bit, 2.50 version.  Do NOT run the MaintenanceTool.  Please completely uninstall the older version and install the new 2.50 version.

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

Darth Gargamel
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2019, 10:48:50 PM »

It seems to not want to open due to security settings. I will report if I figure out how to get around the security...

update - no matter what I do, it just says the installer will not open, no reason given.

Quiverclaw99
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2019, 02:54:35 AM »

Same issue on OSX Catalina.  Console logs show:
Oct 12 21:52:53 [redacted] com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.xpc.launchd.oneshot.0x1000003b.UltraSabersLauncher_OfflineInstaller[35209]): Could not find and/or execute program specified by service: 13: Permission denied: /private/var/folders/6n/n29qhpw51sdclnntsnb3d390tpm96y/T/AppTranslocation/BAB0DDDD-4690-43A7-9868-E8A7A00247F5/d/UltraSabersLauncher_OfflineInstaller.app/Contents/MacOS/UltraSabersLauncher_OfflineInstaller

It seems to not want to open due to security settings. I will report if I figure out how to get around the security...

update - no matter what I do, it just says the installer will not open, no reason given.

jeffrey.hallett
Force Sensitive

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2019, 06:33:18 PM »

Same issue with me.  Downloads and unzips fine.  Says the UltraSabersLauncher_OfflineInstaller cannot be launched.

Darth Gargamel
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2019, 05:13:50 AM »

Anyone figure out how to open it yet?

jeffrey.hallett
Force Sensitive

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2019, 06:25:00 PM »

No clue how to get this to open properly on Catalina.  Been back and forth with Marlena a number of times; she really tried to get me help but we couldn't crack it.  I tried the various tips on the web to diable Gatekeeper and such, but I get the cryptic message "can't be opened".  Oddly enough, this is different than the normal errors associated with non-notarized apps or apps from unknown developers. 

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 181

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2019, 07:56:21 PM »

No clue how to get this to open properly on Catalina.  Been back and forth with Marlena a number of times; she really tried to get me help but we couldn't crack it.  I tried the various tips on the web to diable Gatekeeper and such, but I get the cryptic message "can't be opened".  Oddly enough, this is different than the normal errors associated with non-notarized apps or apps from unknown developers. 
I have a newer Mac (just bought it in July), but I haven't updated in to Catalina. Why?  Some of my music engraving software companies indicated before it was that Catalina has some issues.  I'm not sure exactly what they are, but it I don't plan on updating until all the bugs are worked out.  All of my software (including the Ultrasabers Launcher) works just fine right now so I'm not in a hurry to update.

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2019, 07:09:07 PM »

I have emailed RSX Engineering (the folks who wrote the software), and have tried what they recommended, but even that (re-enabling the "Allow apps downloaded from: Anywhere" option) didn't work, so I reached out to them again via email.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2019, 01:57:59 PM »

Big news!!!!  I got the Mac Installer to work!  RSX_Engineering worked with me and tracked down the issue, and gave me these instructions to share here:

===============================================

[size=12]Instructions for running the 'UltraSabers Launcher for Mac'[/size]

Current workaround to run unsigned app on macOS 10.15, assuming the app is downloaded&un-zipped in Downloads/UltraSabersLauncher_OfflineInstaller.app:

1. Open terminal
2. Type&run: sudo spctl --master-disable
3. Open System Preferences -> Security & Privacy, check that Allow apps downloaded from: Anywhere is selected (click on the lock to make sure)
4. Type&run: chmod -R +x Downloads/UltraSabersLauncher_OfflineInstaller.app
5. Run the offline installer from the finder (Open the app with right-click/control-click>Open and install the app wherever you want);  run the UltraSabersLauncher app after (from the location you installed the app)
6. Type&run: sudo spctl --master-enable

Notes:
- 2: Activates the "Allow apps downloaded from: Anywhere" in the interface (deactivates the Gatekeeper security)
- 4: Makes the app executable (macOS disables the execute flag of the executable), please make sure you enter the correct path to the installer
- 6: Re-activates the Gatekeeper security (Allow apps downloaded from: App Store and identified developers)

===============================================

Like I said, this worked for me, so give it a shot!

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Darth Gargamel
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2019, 09:50:46 AM »

Worked like a charm! I'm skipping the last step, though - I kind like having the option easily available...  Grin

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2019, 01:26:18 PM »

Worked like a charm! I'm skipping the last step, though - I kind like having the option easily available...  Grin

Glad the condensed instructions worked!  And yes, that last step is optional, but I'm glad it was included, so that the machine would be put into its previous security state.  Personally, I skipped the last step, too, for the same reason you did, but I applaud the fact that it's there.

DarthColfax
Force Sensitive

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2020, 07:52:44 PM »

Thank you for this trick...got the launcher to install on Catalina.

MVHI JEDI
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 115

"Sometimes I amaze even MYSELF."

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2020, 07:22:40 PM »

This is ONLY for MAC, or is there a windows update as well?

LIGHT SIDE POINTS APPRECIATED WHEN EARNED.

Purzelkater
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 17

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2020, 06:30:16 AM »

or is there a windows update as well?
As far as I know the last Launcher for Windows was made January 2018 (Version 2.45).

The Fallen: Diamond RGBW, White Illuminated Black AV Switch, 36"
Spectre with Engraving: Obsidian V4, BVA / FoC MLS, 36"
The Butcher Staff: TA Silver + Color Discs + Quick Release Coupler, 2x32"
Aeon LE V5: Stunt, GB, 36"
Dark Initiate V5: Stunt, BR, 36"
Aeon V3: Stunt, CG, 36"
Aeon V3: Stunt, CG, 24"
Initiate V4: Stunt, BR, Windows,, 24"
The Dominix V2: Stunt, CG, 32"
Initiate V2: Stunt, GB, 24"

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print