Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Rules for the NEXT TR challenge,  (Read 1248 times)
TR-77477
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -361

Join The Darkside ( We have cookies)

« on: July 14, 2017, 12:38:14 PM »

We are closing in on the ending of the warm up challenge. I have been thinking about the comments about the rules for the same hilt challenge. Please let me know what you think about these rules. I have tried to make them as fair as possible.

I am thinking of a starting point of November.

TR's Customised Challenge rules:

We will all agree to the same basic level saber as a starting point.

A fixed budget will be established (honor system) EXCLUDING shipping costs.

Any skill level can join.

A three month time frame will be established for completion.

Any modifications are allowed, Exterior and Interior.

We will refrain from any belligerent or hurtful comments.

The overall goal is to push YOUR skills to the next level, There are no failures only learning experiences.

Disasters (Like melting half in acid) while heart stopping can make you push your skills.

"The Jedi and Sith wield the Ashla and the Bogan, the light and the dark. I'm the one in the middle, the Bendu."

Wish list---Consular--Flamberge V2--Omen

Make-A-Wish Donations

Dark apprentice v4 with FOC and basic sound GB -- Dark Apprentice LE v4 (Grab Bag) GB
Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR -- Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR

Gifted

Dominix V4--- Initiate V4---Graflex SE SD---Dark Apprentice v4 GB
Dark Standard issue CG at Dcon 2018---Six Mystery Boxes at dcon 2019

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 05:56:55 PM »

Hi.  Let's see the first one to completion and then get a general consensus if enough members are wanting to contribute again.  I hope so.  As much as your thoughts and efforts are appreciated to get this customization challenge re-started as this has been tried multiple times... I would prefer that it be called more generically something such as the Forum ?? ( insert saber ) Customization Challenge.  You can still be our fearless leader... the pay is terrible and accolades fewer.  Wink

Perhaps I'm just nit-picking about the TR challenge title... unless you are providing a winner's trophy or something.  Cheesy

Usually the months of mid-November through mid-January is a very busy time for most members and for some a financial budget strain... and then factor in the Star Wars movie as well in December.  I likely would not participate in the next one as Dec. and Jan. are dedicated to other activities.  My living room is my saber workspace.  But there are members who are always tinkering/customizing sabers so the biggest hurdle may be to decide which one saber and price point to agree upon.  And then purchase in advance prior to the predictable seasonal/SW " out of stock ".

Your rules/guidelines have been well thought out and are reasonable.  Now if only an acid in the form of apple cider vinegar would melt body fat the way it works so well on aluminum sabers lol.  Grin

point  Cool

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 01:43:22 PM »

Just wondering, do existing sabers in your collection count or do you have to buy a whole new one? Because I have a sweet idea for my Dominix V3 at the moment Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

URNOTSOBOSS
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 17

I am Sentinel.

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 08:11:59 PM »

OOOhhhhh, I cant wait to join in this one!

Lets not make the budget too terribly high, and a simple saber like an Aeon V3. I am kinda on a tight budget here.

There is almost no way i can win, but it'll be a ton of fun anyway.

Sentinel- A soldier or guard whose job is to stand and keep watch.

*Sabers I own:
Aeon V4 stunt In CG {Seren Arien}
Dark Arbiter Obsidian V4 in BR (Mystery Box)
Sentinel V4 in GB
Sentinel V4 in AB (Mystery box)
*Wishlist:
Shock

TR-77477
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -361

Join The Darkside ( We have cookies)

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 11:32:17 AM »

Just wondering, do existing sabers in your collection count or do you have to buy a whole new one? Because I have a sweet idea for my Dominix V3 at the moment Tongue

The object of this challenge is for everyone to mod the same basic saber. It will be a great way to see what everyone can do to the same blank canvas.

OOOhhhhh, I cant wait to join in this one!

Lets not make the budget too terribly high, and a simple saber like an Aeon V3. I am kinda on a tight budget here.

There is almost no way i can win, but it'll be a ton of fun anyway.

I don't think the budget will be too high, That is why it was decided to use a budget/stunt saber as the starting point.

"The Jedi and Sith wield the Ashla and the Bogan, the light and the dark. I'm the one in the middle, the Bendu."

Wish list---Consular--Flamberge V2--Omen

Make-A-Wish Donations

Dark apprentice v4 with FOC and basic sound GB -- Dark Apprentice LE v4 (Grab Bag) GB
Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR -- Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR

Gifted

Dominix V4--- Initiate V4---Graflex SE SD---Dark Apprentice v4 GB
Dark Standard issue CG at Dcon 2018---Six Mystery Boxes at dcon 2019

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2017, 02:05:48 PM »

It might be an idea for those that are more strongly committed to participating in the next one to quickly decide upon the saber of choice after Aug 1st.  Think that the Standard Battle Issue, Liberator and possibly an Aeon/Initiate v3 were the ones mentioned the most.  The final saber choice could become part of the upcoming raffle entry order or those mystery boxes.  Smiley

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 03:32:06 PM »

Or you could even let the winds of fate (or the Force) decide and have everyone start with a $75 Mystery box or a Grab Bag.  Most budgets can afford that (more so the Grab Bag because the blade is optional) and it sets a firm budget for the saber.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2017, 04:48:49 PM »

Or you could even let the winds of fate (or the Force) decide and have everyone start with a $75 Mystery box or a Grab Bag.  Most budgets can afford that (more so the Grab Bag because the blade is optional) and it sets a firm budget for the saber.

I like this idea even though seeing what the members could do with a specific saber would be nice, perhaps as challenge #3 next year.  I was adding up the costs of a stunt SBI with the features I would want... since I/we are putting time, effort and money into our projects.  Came close to $200 with the tri-color, Li-Ions/buckpuck and av switch.  Better off spending that on a sound mystery box.

Because of the time of the year ( upcoming extra expenses ) and the fact that many of us already have a few stunt grab bags already, your idea might be a solid one to think about as it may encourage more to participate.  Smiley

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2017, 04:50:57 PM »

Am considering moving my saber workshop lol from living room to dining area on a more permanent basis.  Now just have to figure out how to decrease the dremel noise.  But so far no complaints from the neighbors... could be because their dogs bark a lot lol.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: