Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Saber Suggestions  (Read 1977 times)
Darth Veilus
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -40

DARK SIDE POINTS ONLY PLEASE!

« on: July 15, 2017, 01:53:53 AM »

So I am going to be purchasing my first lightsaber very soon (probably as soon as I see what the new Deal of the Day is) and was just wanting some feed back on some lightsabers. The Manticore seems like a good started Saber. Wondering if its a good combat saber? Also open to other advices on sabers.

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 02:01:52 AM »

For  my first saber(s), I went with the Dark Initiate LE V4, Now, a lot of my choice was based on a character concept and possible fighting style.
For me, it had the right combination of look and balance at the time

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 02:24:47 AM »

Like Therion, I started with a smaller saber. It was the Dark Apprentice LE v4, and I absolutely love it. Out of the 5 or 6 different hilts I have had the opportunity to wield, it is still my favorite. It is fairly small, so most people do not like it for 2 hands, but I can use it 1 or 2 handed. It is incredibly comfortable, and many people have said that it is one of the most comfortable hilts there is. Well, the Apprentice or the Sentinel hilts are anyways.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Veilus
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 02:35:32 AM »

I have considered a Dark Initiate but only as a training saber not as a Combat/Cosplay Saber. I like the sleekness of the Manticore.

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2017, 02:55:03 AM »

The Manticore was my first and it is my favorite. My recommendation for an entry saber is a Sentinel, though. The grip and choke points on that thing make for a great starting saber. I prefer longer hilts, which is why I don't recommend Initiates/Apprentices, but that's a personal choice.

The Manticore is absolutely a combat ready saber. I've dueled with mine several times.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2017, 03:16:24 AM »

The Manticore is a great hilt, I regret getting rid of my old one.  I'm getting another one eventually.  Other hilts I really like are the Prophecy, Catalyst, Graflex, and Bellicose. 

A link to my many saber reviews, past and present.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTtl0u7wYJpXLNsjODdZTGQ

digitalsithlord
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -165

Give into your Anger...Give me "Darkside" points..

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2017, 03:36:58 AM »

Bellicose is a GREAT first saber, can easily be Sith or Jedi.  The only draw back for the Bellicose is the blade holder, having to take it in and out when changing a blade.  The manticore is by far the best choice.  This saber is sexy and sleek, also can easily be Sith or Jedi.  This one is has MORE possibilities due to the both the emitter and pommel being MHS compatible, so basically you can swap these out.  I say go for the Manticore you won't regret it.

Side note:  Haven't seen you on in a while Prowl1701....Good to see you back Smiley  Always loved your vids...informative and very detailed on your reviews! 

Lightsaber Arsenal:
Red Liberator - GB
Prophecy v2 - AS
Bellicose - BR
Archon V2.1 - CG
Crimson Reaper - BR
Dark Monarch -BR
Aeon v3 - SY
Malice - BR
Aeon v2 - AS
Dominix v2- VA
Dark War Glaive - DVA

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2017, 04:25:58 AM »

My first was the Dark Prophecy in BR w/ AS FoC. I love it but my favorite excluding the one that will be arriving next week is my Bellicose. It is perfect.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Darth Veilus
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2017, 03:18:29 PM »

Does the DotD change today or tomorrow?

StarWarsForce
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -106

Light or Dark Points? You choose!

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2017, 08:43:23 PM »

The DOTD goes through the date listed on the website. So today's deal that "expires on July 15" expires when July 15 is over and July 16 begins.

Sabers I own (in order of how I got them):
Dominix LE V4--AS--Stunt
Consular--Emerald RGBW--V4 Sound
Manticore CE--Emerald RGBW--V4 Sound
Crimson Reaper--Tri AS--V4 Sound (Free Premium GB)
Dark War Glaive Body/Crimson Reaper Emitter/Crimson Mantis Pommel Mix--BR--Stunt (Free Premium GB)
Dark Prophecy V3--DVA--V4 Sound
Initiate LE V4--CG--Lite Sound (2nd Summer Raffle Win, 4th Prize, 2016)

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2017, 12:33:05 AM »

Yup. Bellicose for sure for most customiseable options =] Either Manticore would be a nice one too. Bellicose looks great in Guardian Blue though, that's just me though. Bellicose would be great for both dueling and cosplay

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2017, 07:20:02 AM »

Honestly everything they sell is combat ready.  The only maybes the thin neck archon.  If you're fighting or spinning they'll all get the job done.  If you're training maybe skip a saber with lots of knobs or claws.  Which ones got your interest?

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2017, 10:52:28 AM »

Are you going for stunt setup? Or sound/emerald?

If you don't care about sound and you want a good spinning and dueling saber, get an Aeon V2!

Darth Veilus
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2017, 02:11:21 PM »

I'm really leaning toward the Manticore. I love how sleek it looks and it seems like a very well rounded saber for everything I need it for. Alsl POINTS ALL AROUND FOR EVERYONE!

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2017, 03:13:36 PM »

I'm really leaning toward the Manticore. I love how sleek it looks and it seems like a very well rounded saber for everything I need it for. Alsl POINTS ALL AROUND FOR EVERYONE!

Its one I've wanted too.  The dual tone body of it is nice and there are a bunch of emitter and pommel swap options.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: