Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Remove T Grip on an US graflex ?  (Read 1844 times)
Mr Zero
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: July 15, 2017, 08:43:46 AM »

Hi, long time listener first time caller.  I'm looking for a graflex style saber more suited to a smaller hand, and as such want to replace the T-shape grips with something with a lower profile (think the US windu hilt) does anyone know if its feasible to remove the T shape grips on the US Graflex?

Seano
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -229

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 02:28:52 PM »

Hi there, and welcome to the forums!
I had some low profile grips made by Sedsti Skyfaller (he's a forum member, and has a 3D printing shop on the Shapeways site - https://www.shapeways.com/shops/sedstiskyfallerdesigns).
I can honestly say, they turned out awesome, and feel great, much more comfortable than the stock ones that come with the Graflex!
The grips pop out relatively easily, and here's a few pics so you see the difference between the 2 different types of grip -

I got mine made with small holes near the pommel end so I could insert trimmed down pop rivets in them, to give it a more ESB/TFA look.

Hope this helps!

Ramse Moade the Grey

Current Sabres - Graflex SE in GB & Obsidian V3, Shock in TRI BR (QD's) & Obsidian V3, Customised Dorinian with Diamond Controller, Dark Catalyst in Adegan Silver with Arctic Blue FOC and Obsidian V3 (Customisation WIP)

Mr Zero
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 05:48:17 PM »

Hi there, and welcome to the forums!
I had some low profile grips made by Sedsti Skyfaller (he's a forum member, and has a 3D printing shop on the Shapeways site -

Well thats encouraging, thanks so much for the response. What material are the shapeways grips made from?

Seano
Knight Templar

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 01:40:43 PM »

I believe they were made from Black Strong and Flexible Nylon - here's the link to the grips -

https://www.shapeways.com/product/2DU2V2DAK/feanor-graflex-grip?key=734c78eba967824e8d573ac6a0d23fa4&optionId=59728340

Ramse Moade the Grey

Current Sabres - Graflex SE in GB & Obsidian V3, Shock in TRI BR (QD's) & Obsidian V3, Customised Dorinian with Diamond Controller, Dark Catalyst in Adegan Silver with Arctic Blue FOC and Obsidian V3 (Customisation WIP)

Mr Zero
Force Sensitive

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 05:50:20 PM »

I believe they were made from Black Strong and Flexible Nylon - here's the link to the grips -

https://www.shapeways.com/product/2DU2V2DAK/feanor-graflex-grip?key=734c78eba967824e8d573ac6a0d23fa4&optionId=59728340

Sold and sold. Thanks. Follow up question .. unless I'm seeing things you have also replaced the underside eye? Care to tell me how simple/not simple that was because that was next on my list of things to wonder about? Looks like you have more or less made exactly the kind of saber I'd been hoping to from the US version - great minds etc etc.

Seano
Knight Templar

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 10:20:58 AM »

Will send a message your way, as we're not supposed to mention other sabresmiths names here (apart from The Custom Saber Shop, as they provide supplies to US)

Ramse Moade the Grey

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: