Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Author Topic: Ultrasabers Summer Raffle ends 08/11/2017  (Read 40016 times)
magik0012
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 107

« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2017, 08:55:39 PM »

Well.. US did it again.. they made me buy more sabers / enter another raffle.. curses!  Wink

$75 Mystery Box + $200 Mystery Box = Raffle Entry.. Good Luck All!

Never give up! Never surrender!

Archon v3 (Emerald RGBA + v4 sound), Graflex SE (GB + v3 sound), Chosen One SE (BR + v3 sound), Manticore (VA + v3 sound), Flamberge v2 (FO + v4 sound, dis-assembled and lightly kitbashed), 

Aeon LE v4 (stunt CG), Dark Prophecy x2 (being re-customized) (stunt BR & DVA or VA),

Dark Arbiter (Disassembled), Overlord (Disassembled)
Dark Liberator (BR w v3 sound - gifted away), Dark Sentinel LE v4 (AB w v3 sound - gifted away)

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2017, 09:48:17 PM »

Well.. US did it again.. they made me buy more sabers / enter another raffle.. curses!  Wink

$75 Mystery Box + $200 Mystery Box = Raffle Entry.. Good Luck All!

Hahaha.  Now correct me if I am wrong but... aren't you on a winless streak ?!  If so don't feel bad cus' in 7 raffles the best I have done is one Dominix v2 stunt.  But it's always fun to take that chance and then see how well other members and forum friends do.  Wishing you all the best of Force luck and hope this is your time. Cheesy

sumsparky
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2017, 10:41:02 PM »

looking forward to my order.

magik0012
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 107

« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2017, 11:54:09 PM »

Hahaha.  Now correct me if I am wrong but... aren't you on a winless streak ?!  If so don't feel bad cus' in 7 raffles the best I have done is one Dominix v2 stunt.  But it's always fun to take that chance and then see how well other members and forum friends do.  Wishing you all the best of Force luck and hope this is your time. Cheesy

Well.. technically, I think I am on a winless streak of 1.. Wink
I think I have entered 4 raffles and won something in all but the last one.. but that was over a year ago.

Smiley

Never give up! Never surrender!

Archon v3 (Emerald RGBA + v4 sound), Graflex SE (GB + v3 sound), Chosen One SE (BR + v3 sound), Manticore (VA + v3 sound), Flamberge v2 (FO + v4 sound, dis-assembled and lightly kitbashed), 

Aeon LE v4 (stunt CG), Dark Prophecy x2 (being re-customized) (stunt BR & DVA or VA),

Dark Arbiter (Disassembled), Overlord (Disassembled)
Dark Liberator (BR w v3 sound - gifted away), Dark Sentinel LE v4 (AB w v3 sound - gifted away)

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2017, 12:12:20 AM »

Well.. technically, I think I am on a winless streak of 1.. Wink
I think I have entered 4 raffles and won something in all but the last one.. but that was over a year ago.

Smiley

mutter... groan... well how dare your winning streak be halted so abruptly lol !  Wink  So it took you a year to get over your disappointment.  Hopefully the Force will make it up to you on this one.  Grin

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2017, 04:37:39 PM »

Does shipping count in the "total" of $250+? As in right now, my order is $253 shipped to me (including shipping of like $27). Does that count or no?

- I just tried with another saber to get total of product above $250 and now I see a "raffle ticket" line item, so I think I answered my own question Shocked)

For the record, just in case someone else sees this and wonders, your order must be $250 before shipping Smiley

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Foilfencer
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2017, 05:38:47 PM »

Well I was happily saving up, the ends of such an endeavour were not decided, and the force was wavering between my Manticore which I was done out of by my darling daughter on our last purchase, or the ultimate wish of my daughter to obtain both of Ahsoka Tano's weapons.
Then the E-mail was received, Summer Raffle, curses on this temptation.
But an intelligent middle ground was found and we have purchased 2x$200 Mystery Boxes and have entered the Raffle.
Hoping we are as successful as our maiden raffle where we won a Guardian with sound, but if it's deemed by the force to be unlucky this time, we are still looking forward to our Mystery Boxes.
Good Luck to all that entered.
Will definitely get pics up of our last purchases and our new ones once they arrive.

peckerman
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2017, 04:57:12 AM »

Potentially stupid question from Australia here, Roughly how many of the raffles does US do in a year? I've just ordered over $1000 last month for family christmas presents, only to discover other family members  wanted one as well. For one saber its about $100US postage.( more than the value of the saber in many cases.) My question is, is it better to blow the budget for a raffle order, or wait for the next raffle, if there'll be another before christmas because thats my deadline to purchase again? Thanks in advance.

Death taunted the Warrior by saying " You don't understand anything. You have no chance. You cannot survive this storm."    The warrior smiled in reply and responded " It is You who has no understanding. I Am The Storm!"

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2017, 12:57:49 PM »

Got my entries in, good luck to all Smiley

Potentially stupid question from Australia here, Roughly how many of the raffles does US do in a year? I've just ordered over $1000 last month for family christmas presents, only to discover other family members  wanted one as well. For one saber its about $100US postage.( more than the value of the saber in many cases.) My question is, is it better to blow the budget for a raffle order, or wait for the next raffle, if there'll be another before christmas because thats my deadline to purchase again? Thanks in advance.

The raffles have recently been one a season, but I have no information on if that will continue or not.

As for the shipping costs... Where are you getting them posted to?!?! Unless you live in the back of East Jesus Nowhere I don't understand how it's costing you so much in shipping to Australia. The most it's ever cost me for one saber to Brisbane was $66 (US). The one I ordered tonight and the one last week were $41 each. The two lots of two that I have ordered in the last couple weeks were $60 for TWO. In the past the shipping rates have been really bad for multiple sabers at once but are pretty decent now. I always recommend that anyone ordering from Australia plays with what is in their cart a bit to see how much it varies your shipping. Sometimes you're better off placing two or three orders as you can save on postage that way. But at the moment I am looking at costs on the store

1: $40.91
2: $60.21
3: $66.99
4: $94.86
5: 105.19

and it seems pretty close to what it has been for me for the last two months. Did you pick the expedited 1-3 business day FedEx option? You don't need it. The normal FedEx option gets to me in 4-6 days. I had two sabers turn up yesterday (Tuesday) that weren't meant to arrive until tomorrow (Thursday). 4 days from Texas to Brisbane for $60 shipping.

By the way those shipping costs were for v4 sound equipped sabers. The shipping started at $37 for stunts and went up from there in a similar pattern.

PrincessKnowItAll
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2017, 10:48:58 PM »

Sometimes weekend rates are sometimes off (higher or lower) because I think they do their upgrades/updates then, not everywhere at once, but some countries and even US cities. Good Luck to all of you Raffle Rustlers out there!

peckerman
Force Sensitive

« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2017, 11:03:34 PM »

Isola 815, Thanks for the reply. I made a couple of mistakes in my post. Whilst looking in my cart previously I have checked shipping costs, then currency converted. I meant to say AUD$ instead of US$. Apologies. Most of that can be accounted for in the exchange rate. I live outside of Ipswich b.t.w. and have only used the USPS option. I don'y mean to sound like I am complaining about shipping cost, (I'm not), The order I got was a massive 17 stunt sabers costing roughly $340 US postage. very fair pricing. The main thrust of my query was more to do with the timing of the raffle which you answered, thank you. Being on a fixed income myself, I have to factor this into my equation whenever wanting to purchase. I have a close friend who has never ordered before and wants to combine with me to save shipping, so I was trying to guage my timing in order to make the best use of the offers and squeeze the most out of every dollar. Youv'e been very helpful thank you.

Death taunted the Warrior by saying " You don't understand anything. You have no chance. You cannot survive this storm."    The warrior smiled in reply and responded " It is You who has no understanding. I Am The Storm!"

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2017, 12:12:35 AM »

Isola 815, Thanks for the reply. I made a couple of mistakes in my post. Whilst looking in my cart previously I have checked shipping costs, then currency converted. I meant to say AUD$ instead of US$. Apologies. Most of that can be accounted for in the exchange rate. I live outside of Ipswich b.t.w. and have only used the USPS option. I don'y mean to sound like I am complaining about shipping cost, (I'm not), The order I got was a massive 17 stunt sabers costing roughly $340 US postage. very fair pricing. The main thrust of my query was more to do with the timing of the raffle which you answered, thank you. Being on a fixed income myself, I have to factor this into my equation whenever wanting to purchase. I have a close friend who has never ordered before and wants to combine with me to save shipping, so I was trying to guage my timing in order to make the best use of the offers and squeeze the most out of every dollar. Youv'e been very helpful thank you.

Happy to help! Try the FedEx option next time. It's usually cheaper and should be the same cost (as it is to Brisbame) to Ipswich and surrounds as it's only one town over Smiley and PKIA above is right about fluctuating costs with weekends and such, however I have personally checked that several times and it has never affected me as an Australian customer.

peckerman
Force Sensitive

« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2017, 01:01:59 AM »

Awesome. Thanks. P.S: what is with the light and dark side points? As a noob, I understand the reward points for purchases, but not the points for the forum.  I understand if anyone eye rolls at these queries and apologise. Does US also take any ideas for designs, or is it strictly what they engineer themselves? I remember seeing this question in the forum 2 or 3 years ago but couldn't find a reply. By the way, I have a friend who used the other guys (sf) paid over $1000AUD for a replica Obi Wan with led driver and sound only to have his  led soldering crap out after 5 clashes with my home made PVC pipe body saber  requiring a return for repairs lol. Loyal and passionate Ultrasabers man right here. My family are converts as well. Ulra Sabers all the way

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2017, 09:07:29 AM »

Awesome. Thanks. P.S: what is with the light and dark side points? As a noob, I understand the reward points for purchases, but not the points for the forum.  I understand if anyone eye rolls at these queries and apologise. Does US also take any ideas for designs, or is it strictly what they engineer themselves?

Vote up/vote down system. You give people the points they prefer if they have been helpful or posted something cool/funny. And either give them nothing, take a point away, or report them to a mod if they are being a troll, unhelpful, insulting, or just generally a douche-chill.

And no, they do not.

RevanReborn
Technomancer of the Graflex Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1086

« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2017, 04:44:11 PM »

Hey, I'm actually able to get in on this raffle!! woohoo, exciting!!  Been a long time since i was able to, this is awesome.  Good luck to everyone, and thanks US Smiley

P.S. sorry my sig is so gigantic everyone lol!  I'm switching to imgur after the whole photobucket thing, i need to redo all my pics etc.  i'll get that fixed/ shrunk soon. 

EDIT- o i should report my entry!  a thin neck archon with v4 obsidian, in CG with silver FoC, and an emperors hand in VA with silver FoC and v4 obsidian.  they're wedding gifts for a friend Smiley.  scored a free initiate and all the cool promo stuff as well, so awesome.  Thanks Ultrasabers!!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: