Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21   Go Down
Author Topic: Mystery Box Sabers now Available Online  (Read 123739 times)
Hansrad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -670

Jedi? Sith? I'm the one with the lightsaber.

« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2017, 12:47:46 AM »

Just ordered a $75 Mystery Box. Now the really hard part is waiting till Xmas to see what it is.

Own: Emerald Overlord, BHManticore, BR Renegade,FO Dominix LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix LE V4 (stunt), GB Apprentice LE(stunt),BR Dark Initiate LE V4 (stunt), AS Apprentice LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix V3 (stunt), SRD Darkish Liberator (stunt) Emerald Lost Grey.

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2017, 01:58:07 AM »

That's quite a lot of points!

I have/have had a lot of US sabers, lol.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2017, 02:02:27 AM »

Just ordered a $75 Mystery Box. Now the really hard part is waiting till Xmas to see what it is.

So who gets to check the saber out to make sure it is working properly ?!  Wink   Probably should remove the batteries if not in use for many months.  Smiley

kav2001c
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -7

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2017, 03:02:22 AM »

One question regarding mystery box / grab bag for those who have purchased in the past (or if US can chime in)
I actually was looking to grab a basic saber for the kiddies as well so this works great

US said they guarantee the value of the saber you get randomly will be greater than cost of the mystery box / grab bag
Is this in reference to built value or the list value?

EG
If I go click on stunt sabers (assume worst case and did not get one with sound)
If I bought a mystery box saber must be worth greater than $75
So as an example, could it be possible to get Apprentice LE V4 ($65) with a built in charge port (+$35)

Or is it only possible to get a saber that starts at $75+ (EG Dark Standerd Issue V3)

Do US usually include extras (recharge ports / li-ion upgrades / windows in emitters) or would they be more basic?

PS wish me luck, I am hoping to get Scorpion, Manticore, or Electrum Smiley

Owned:
Dark Reaper with Obsidian v3 + Emerald RGBW + Adegan Silver Switch
Dark Initiate LE v3 - Violet

Want:
Manticore or Scorpion? Electrum Wind. Lost Grey.
Diamond

Hansrad
Knight Commander

« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2017, 03:05:24 AM »

So who gets to check the saber out to make sure it is working properly ?!  Wink   Probably should remove the batteries if not in use for many months.  Smiley

That's a very good point. I'll have some one take them out for storage. Thanks. That's all relying on me not breaking down and just opening it ahead of time!

Own: Emerald Overlord, BHManticore, BR Renegade,FO Dominix LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix LE V4 (stunt), GB Apprentice LE(stunt),BR Dark Initiate LE V4 (stunt), AS Apprentice LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix V3 (stunt), SRD Darkish Liberator (stunt) Emerald Lost Grey.

Hansrad
Knight Commander

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2017, 03:10:41 AM »

So does this mean we need a What did you get in your Mystery Box thread?

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2017, 03:16:12 AM »

One question regarding mystery box / grab bag for those who have purchased in the past (or if US can chime in)
I actually was looking to grab a basic saber for the kiddies as well so this works great

US said they guarantee the value of the saber you get randomly will be greater than cost of the mystery box / grab bag

EG
If I go click on stunt sabers (assume worst case and did not get one with sound)
So as an example, could it be possible to get Apprentice LE V4 ($65) with a built in charge port (+$35)

Or is it only possible to get a saber that starts at $75+ (EG Dark Standerd Issue V3)

Do US usually include extras (recharge ports / li-ion upgrades / windows in emitters) or would they be more basic?

Retail value - so complete purchase price of a built saber.

So to use the cheapest saber for an example:

Initiate V2 (Guardian blue) - $54.99
Blade wrench - $1.00
Av switch - $15.00
Upgrade to a full size blade - $10

You're already at $80.99 which is over $75

And for the $200 boxes they start much the same way

Apprentice V4 (Guardian blue) with lite sound $159.99
Blade wrench - $1.00
Upgrade to full size blade - $10
Add windows - $5
Av switch - $15
Covertech wheel - $14

$204.99

The sweet deal on those $200 boxes though is that you're guaranteed sound no matter the hilt! That's a really cool incentive I think Smiley

ANY of the Initiate and Apprentice series sabers would easily fall into those price ranges, which is actually really cool for those of us (like me) who seem to prefer those lower end hilts. So it's any saber from the US lineup that could be in your box. As for hoping for certain hilts I feel I need to stress what Emory says in the video in his original post - if you want a specific hilt - order that hilt.

Greyish_blue_Jedi
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2017, 03:24:41 AM »

So does this mean we need a What did you get in your Mystery Box thread?

Uh.....yes!!!!

I can't wait to see what people are going to get.

Can folks who have scored a box at a convention share what treasure they received, please? I did a forum search and it only turned up 3 people who posted theirs. There's gotta be more forum members who have bought them over the years.

Current and on order sabers: Aeon LE V4 saber staff in GB, Dark Initiate V2 in GB, Dark Sentinel V4 (Grab bag) in FO, Aeon LE V2 in SRD + Dominix LE V2 in VA for functional dual wield and funky looking saber staff, and Lost Grey in SRD.

Light side points if you please

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2017, 05:24:46 AM »

EG

I got a $75 box at a con this year. My sabers was a Dark Sentinel LE V4 with Blazing Red LED, Emitter with windows, and a black AV switch.

So I'm total a $95 value for $75.

Here it is (with a different blade than what came with it).

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2017, 06:24:33 AM »

Does anybody know if there is even very good odds of getting sound in the 75$ option. I know it is completely random, and I know that US is usually pretty good at giving everybody a fair chance, but my sister only wants a saber with sound and if she were to buy one of the 75$ ones would it be about a 50-50 chance of getting sound at the least, or what? I doubt anybody can give me a good answer on this, but if you have somewhat of an idea, that would be better than none, because I really don't like seeing people disappointed. I guess what I am asking is more of out of the people who have already bought the 75$ Mystery Box, how many of you have gotten sound, and how many haven't? I personally don't care, but I know my sister would definitely prefer sound. If anyone is willing to share whether they have gotten sound or not, please do. If not, no hard feelings. It is completely understandable. And if this post goes against anything US has said, please feel free to ignore it, or report it to a moderator. Thanks guys.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

StarWarsForce
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -106

Light or Dark Points? You choose!

« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2017, 06:51:01 AM »

I have never done a mystery box, so I'm not an expert on these odds, but here are my thoughts. If your sister only/definitely wants a saber with sound, go for the $200 option (a "better be safe than sorry" option). Of course, you could order 2-3 mystery boxes for a similar price and increase your chances of getting a saber with sound and get a couple extra sabers in the process.

3 x $75=$225 vs. $200, or if you were planning on getting a mystery box saber yourself anyways, 4 x $75=$300 vs. $275.

In the end, it's your choice of whether you want to roll that dice. My best guess is that it's not likely a 50-50 chance, but maybe more along the lines of a 1:4 chance. Of course, this is all conjecture, just like the raffles. I've heard the chances of winning in a raffle are 1:3 or 1:4, but again, that's what people's thoughts have been based on their experiences.

Good luck!

Sabers I own (in order of how I got them):
Dominix LE V4--AS--Stunt
Consular--Emerald RGBW--V4 Sound
Manticore CE--Emerald RGBW--V4 Sound
Crimson Reaper--Tri AS--V4 Sound (Free Premium GB)
Dark War Glaive Body/Crimson Reaper Emitter/Crimson Mantis Pommel Mix--BR--Stunt (Free Premium GB)
Dark Prophecy V3--DVA--V4 Sound
Initiate LE V4--CG--Lite Sound (2nd Summer Raffle Win, 4th Prize, 2016)

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2017, 10:26:05 AM »

Don't tell me the odds Wink

Deep's video seems pretty clear that the US staff themselves won't know how many are in there - the builders are separate from the packers are separate from the shippers. SWF is right, though; If sound is important, go for the $200 order.

And I've started a Mystery Box thread over in the gallery section - http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=35364 Smiley

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

kav2001c
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -7

« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2017, 12:05:12 PM »

Pure speculation on odds here
It seems to me getting a premium sound on $75 option is pretty rare (think like the grand prizes for raffles odds they usually run)

Same way on $200 sabers I expect most to be Obsidian Lite, with very few Diamonds

Owned:
Dark Reaper with Obsidian v3 + Emerald RGBW + Adegan Silver Switch
Dark Initiate LE v3 - Violet

Want:
Manticore or Scorpion? Electrum Wind. Lost Grey.
Diamond

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2017, 01:20:21 PM »

Oooo I want one! $75 and possibly something completely awesome? Too bad I can't spare the money, I need new clothes....we'll see.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

XalianPhoenix
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 5

Through Serenity I Gain Strength

« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2017, 05:00:50 PM »

I've already ordered one of each, just had to jump on that deal as fast as I could. So I'm hoping to get something truly spectacular in at least one of them. I have heard of at least one person opening one of the $75 mystery boxes and getting a saber that was worth more than $250. Depending on how it all goes I may be purchasing another one of them very soon. Can't wait till they are delivered.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: