Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Professor Marston and the Wonder Women  (Read 1183 times)
Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« on: July 18, 2017, 05:39:12 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-uTdoQrTxU" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-uTdoQrTxU</a>

Finally, a story about the creator of Wonder Woman and how it came to be.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Zander13
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 06:19:49 PM »

Parts of the film were shot at my college

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 02:55:04 AM »

My curiosity makes me wonder why we get a theatrical film about Wonder Woman's creator, but haven't had one about Superman's...  whose story is quite interesting.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 09:24:11 AM »

My curiosity makes me wonder why we get a theatrical film about Wonder Woman's creator, but haven't had one about Superman's...  whose story is quite interesting.

1) Wonder Woman is the Hot New Thing at the moment, so people will come out of the woodwork to jump on the bandwagon.

2) A polyamorous relationship, specifically a loving, healthy triad, is considered to be a radical alternative lifestyle even today, especially if you toss in the BDSM aspect (which may or may not have been a part of his lifestyle). In that time period? It was unthinkable.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 05:18:49 PM »

1) Wonder Woman is the Hot New Thing at the moment, so people will come out of the woodwork to jump on the bandwagon.

2) A polyamorous relationship, specifically a loving, healthy triad, is considered to be a radical alternative lifestyle even today, especially if you toss in the BDSM aspect (which may or may not have been a part of his lifestyle). In that time period? It was unthinkable.

Oh I understand why A movie would be made about him, just interesting he got one before Siegel and Schuster or Lee and Kirby, arguably more iconic creators.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2017, 05:34:24 PM »

Oh I understand why A movie would be made about him, just interesting he got one before Siegel and Schuster or Lee and Kirby, arguably more iconic creators.

Well, sex sells. That's why the trailer seems to be pushing the polyamorous side of his life. It's salacious and will draw in the male contingent.

Simultaneously, they seem to be emphasizing how liberated and forward-thinking he, his wife, and his girlfriend are in terms of how they all contributed to Diana's characterization. So that pulls in the feminist crowd.

So let's just hope that they balance both aspects in such a way that it doesn't offend both groups of people.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: