Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Lord Gale's Art Commission Thread!  (Read 1275 times)
lordgale119
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 4

I walk within both and neither...

« on: October 25, 2011, 11:45:16 PM »

Welcome, Saberfans, one and all, to
Lord Gale's Commission Thread!!

I am an artist, and I love Star Wars. I also love to draw other people's creations. The result? I will draw other people's Star Wars concepts, characters, lightsabers, and what-have-you. Please Remember: I reserve the right to deny a request I find either displeasing, offensive, or if I already have too many projects currently ongoing.
I respond to messages, emails, and posts on Deviantart, to which there is a link in my signature and in my profile.
Also, Note that while I am good, I am not anywhere near professional level, and your expectations should not be high when you ask me to draw something. It's more exciting if it turns out well that way, and easier to accept if it turns out badly.
I do not do schedules or deadlines, so the drawings will be finished when they are finished. This could be anywhere from that very same day (depending on the time I get the request) to a week later.

Currently, I have drawn:
Two lightsabers for Manroon (middle and right)
http://i54.tinypic.com/32zi1jb.jpg

One Lightsaber for kewlkev360:
http://lord-gale-119.deviantart.com/#/d4dy70o

These drawings are done in my spare time, and quality cannot be guaranteed. It will be one of my priorities, but finishing the drawing will take precedence over perfection.

That being said, I DO intend to do as best I can when I draw, and I hope that everyone will leave satisfied.
And now....
Come at me, bros. B|

Blazing Red Aeon V2 LE: Heretikos
SRD w/ AB clash Bellicose: Arshaluys

kewlkev360
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 232

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 12:22:23 AM »

If I may,  I'd like to explain my saber a bit.

The Bes'bev saber. The idea came about because I wanted a design for my RP character.  He is mandalorian, so I took an item that is uniquely mandalorian for the base.  A Bes'bev is an ancient Mandalorian flute made of beskar.  One end of the Bes'bev has a spear-like tip, so it also functions as a legitimate weapon.  That became the pommel of the saber. I imagined my RP character would make his Bes'bev into his lightsaber, so I thought that a leather type wrap would be added for grip.  One of the finger-holes would house the activation stud, and one close to the top would be a crystal chamber.  The mouthpiece became the emitter.  The inscription "Hukaatir te droten" is mando'a (mandalorian language) and translate's to : "To protect (or to shield, it can mean either) the public (or the people)" .  I thought that was a good Jedi ideal.

I PM'ed lordgale after he drew Manroon's designs and asked him to do one for me as I have no artistic ability.  I PM'ed my concept and we brainstormed a bit.  I think he did a great job interpreting my concept. 

Point for you lordgale! thanks again.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: