Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95   Go Down
Author Topic: **Mystery Box** What did you get???  (Read 381931 times)
Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #1395 on: September 28, 2020, 06:51:34 AM »

I'll be getting me 2 mystery sabers here soon =] The whole idea for that is if I didn't really care to have one of them then that saber would go to my bro depending on color set up. Both will have heavy grade blades like always. Haven't gotten a mystery saber in a few years since the Dark Sentinel LE saber so Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Nodachi
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #1396 on: August 08, 2021, 01:43:39 PM »

Beware of mystery boxes in 2021!

So I ordered 5 mystery boxes and I got NOTHING special, nothing at all, all 5 of them are lower end sabers, picked in price range $70-90 to fill in total order price for mystery boxes EXACTLY!
Not a single one with some type of fancy design, not even talking about sound
Yeah, very random, you don't say.

Ultrasabers, you can be sure I will create unboxing videos and reviews everywhere, this is just pure abuse, as you sent me Aeon v2 which is $70 and according to your product description: If you purchase the $75 Mystery Box then you are guaranteed to get a lightsaber that retails for $75 or more.

Practicing Lightsaber Dueling Combat under ASL-FFE rules in the US
Sith Combat Academy

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #1397 on: August 08, 2021, 02:39:21 PM »

Beware of mystery boxes in 2021!

So I ordered 5 mystery boxes and I got NOTHING special, nothing at all, all 5 of them are lower end sabers, picked in price range $70-90 to fill in total order price for mystery boxes EXACTLY!
Not a single one with some type of fancy design, not even talking about sound
Yeah, very random, you don't say.

Ultrasabers, you can be sure I will create unboxing videos and reviews everywhere, this is just pure abuse, as you sent me Aeon v2 which is $70 and according to your product description: If you purchase the $75 Mystery Box then you are guaranteed to get a lightsaber that retails for $75 or more.
AV switch on the aeon v2? -> 75$

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Nodachi
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #1398 on: August 08, 2021, 04:46:22 PM »

AV switch on the aeon v2? -> 75$
There is a difference between - RANDOM HILT and RANDOM LOW END HILT, and all cosmetic changes are just mockery, to place fancy shiny button on the CHEAPEST HILT EVER?!

I didn't get neither of these options advertised and order 5x probably good way to collect some stats (and those options ARE mentioned in adv):

- Premium Sound
- Lite Sound
- Emerald Driver + Premium Sound
- Diamond Controller
- Some advanced Random hilt from huge number of designs >100

Sith Combat Academy

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #1399 on: August 08, 2021, 07:44:53 PM »

There is a difference between - RANDOM HILT and RANDOM LOW END HILT, and all cosmetic changes are just mockery, to place fancy shiny button on the CHEAPEST HILT EVER?!

I didn't get neither of these options advertised and order 5x probably good way to collect some stats (and those options ARE mentioned in adv):

- Premium Sound
- Lite Sound
- Emerald Driver + Premium Sound
- Diamond Controller
- Some advanced Random hilt from huge number of designs >100

You probably should have read this thread before buying, I think it applies to basic MBs as well : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=20769.0
The advertised options include stunt (no sound) sabers. Which you omitted.
And yeah, statisticly speaking, ordering basic MBs has higher chances of getting stunts... Since the 200$ MBs are guaranteed sound! If you had 80 or 90% chances of getting sound with 75$ MBs, 200$ ones would be worthless.
I'll say it again. Getting a V2 with a cosmetic upgrade like an AV switch, just to hit the 75$ mark sucks. I agree. And it's why I would not go for the basic MBs. I do believe it's playing on the definition of 75$ sabers, and is morally questionnable. BUT it's still within what is advertised.

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

« Reply #1400 on: August 09, 2021, 04:18:19 AM »

I noticed you never mentioned what colors you received.  Not all colors have the same cost. You might want to look in to that.

5 is a horrible sample size and means nothing. Here let's use me as an example.  I bought my first mystery box and recieved a fulcrum with 4 color emerald Driver and v3 sound. If I stopped there my mystery box experience is great. I bought 4 more mb after that. They were all stunt sabers.  So from my experience it is 1 out of 5. 5 mystery boxes is a small sample size that proves nothing.

Don't have expectations and you won't be disappointed.  Next time, I would suggest just buying exactly what you want. I guarantee you won't be disappointed then.

Welcome to the forum by the way. Nice first impression.

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #1401 on: August 09, 2021, 05:56:21 AM »

I noticed you never mentioned what colors you received.  Not all colors have the same cost. You might want to look in to that.

5 is a horrible sample size and means nothing. Here let's use me as an example.  I bought my first mystery box and recieved a fulcrum with 4 color emerald Driver and v3 sound. If I stopped there my mystery box experience is great. I bought 4 more mb after that. They were all stunt sabers.  So from my experience it is 1 out of 5. 5 mystery boxes is a small sample size that proves nothing.

Don't have expectations and you won't be disappointed.  Next time, I would suggest just buying exactly what you want. I guarantee you won't be disappointed then.

Holy hell this is one of the best MBs I've heard! Especially for Fulcrum lovers. Not a fan but still.

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

« Reply #1402 on: August 09, 2021, 10:14:23 AM »

Holy hell this is one of the best MBs I've heard! Especially for Fulcrum lovers. Not a fan but still.

I know right! Point is it does happen with the $75 mystery boxes.  The fulcrum I got was not perfect though. As soon as I swung it around the ears/ hand guard on it cut my hand open. It was obviously assembled before they got around to deburring  it.  So they put it in the mystery box pile. The green led went dead after only a year too. I was still very happy to get it as my first saber. The emerald board was so cool I couldn't wait to see what a diamond saber could do. That was my second purchase a week later.

I couldn't be happier with my over all Ultrasabers experience.  1 great saber from 5 mystery boxes and I've won 3 out of the four raffles I was entered in. Ultrasabers is a very generous company.

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #1403 on: August 09, 2021, 12:29:23 PM »

I know right! Point is it does happen with the $75 mystery boxes.  The fulcrum I got was not perfect though. As soon as I swung it around the ears/ hand guard on it cut my hand open. It was obviously assembled before they got around to deburring  it.  So they put it in the mystery box pile. The green led went dead after only a year too. I was still very happy to get it as my first saber. The emerald board was so cool I couldn't wait to see what a diamond saber could do. That was my second purchase a week later.

I couldn't be happier with my over all Ultrasabers experience.  1 great saber from 5 mystery boxes and I've won 3 out of the four raffles I was entered in. Ultrasabers is a very generous company.
I agree.
Nice haul. I won in two of the three times I tried my luck in the raffles.
Still. an AV switch on a v2 hilt does not feel right to me. I can understand why people would whine about it. Then again, MBs are a gamble.

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Nodachi
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #1404 on: August 10, 2021, 03:33:22 AM »

Got it, thanks for the info.
Congrats with your nice MB, real deal there!

Sith Combat Academy

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

« Reply #1405 on: August 10, 2021, 04:19:45 AM »

Got it, thanks for the info.
Congrats with your nice MB, real deal there!

So what colors did you get? I would bet that is where the extra value is hiding.  Sun riders destiny, banes heart, either of the purples, they all use a two color led. Those cost more. So... what exactly did you get?

Nodachi
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #1406 on: August 10, 2021, 01:35:57 PM »

So what colors did you get? I would bet that is where the extra value is hiding.  Sun riders destiny, banes heart, either of the purples, they all use a two color led. Those cost more. So... what exactly did you get?

It looks like silver AV switches are now default option in US, on separate order I got two Dominix V2 and Initiate V2 ALL of them with silver AV switches even I didn't order them specifically (so ALL my US sabers have silver AV switches without me specifically order them)

Beside this, I think you will consider following as a nice haul

Aeon v2 arctic blue - going to sell
Initiate LE V4 blue - going to use it for 1 hand sparring
INITIATE V5 green - going to sell
Dark Sentinel v4 red with windows - going to use it for youtube videos
Dominix LE v4 with windows green - going to use it for 2 hands sparring

No indication of what is inside so can't comment on special\not special color controllers besides arctic blue

Sith Combat Academy

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #1407 on: August 10, 2021, 03:31:19 PM »

It looks like silver AV switches are now default option in US, on separate order I got two Dominix V2 and Initiate V2 ALL of them with silver AV switches even I didn't order them specifically (so ALL my US sabers have silver AV switches without me specifically order them)

Beside this, I think you will consider following as a nice haul

Aeon v2 arctic blue - going to sell
Initiate LE V4 blue - going to use it for 1 hand sparring
INITIATE V5 green - going to sell
Dark Sentinel v4 red with windows - going to use it for youtube videos
Dominix LE v4 with windows green - going to use it for 2 hands sparring

No indication of what is inside so can't comment on special\not special color controllers besides arctic blue

This part is easy. Upon unscrewing the pommel and extracting the battery case, you can see if you have an emerald controller or not. If there is a circuit bord with a micro usb plug strapped to the battery case, congrats, you have an emerald saber.
As for your haul
Aeon v2 arctic blue - going to sell --> Ugh I'd have sold it too. Hate the hilt. though AB + AV puts it to 90$.
Initiate LE V4 blue - going to use it for 1 hand sparring --> I don't mind this one. Not my first choice, but I got two non LE versions as free initiates, and they are fun to spin. LE is a plus. Do you have pictures? Does it have windows?
INITIATE V5 green - going to sell --> the bland initiate V5 is kinda meh. But I have the LE V5 and the dark LE V5 and they look great to me.
Dark Sentinel v4 red with windows - going to use it for youtube videos --> I'm meh about this one. But windows look great.
Dominix LE v4 with windows green - going to use it for 2 hands sparring --> kinda meh too.

I take it the only one to have windows is the dark sentinel V4?
Price wise, it's still above the 75$. But I'd be disappointed ngl.

I only ever bought one sound MB. And I got a Dark Sentinel LE V5, in sentinel yellow, silver AV switch. I was thrilled, as I would have bought one eventually. Then, I decided I would not try my luck again ^^'

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Nodachi
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #1408 on: August 10, 2021, 06:04:37 PM »

This part is easy. Upon unscrewing the pommel and extracting the battery case, you can see if you have an emerald controller or not. If there is a circuit bord with a micro usb plug strapped to the battery case, congrats, you have an emerald saber.
As for your haul
Aeon v2 arctic blue - going to sell --> Ugh I'd have sold it too. Hate the hilt. though AB + AV puts it to 90$.
Initiate LE V4 blue - going to use it for 1 hand sparring --> I don't mind this one. Not my first choice, but I got two non LE versions as free initiates, and they are fun to spin. LE is a plus. Do you have pictures? Does it have windows?
INITIATE V5 green - going to sell --> the bland initiate V5 is kinda meh. But I have the LE V5 and the dark LE V5 and they look great to me.
Dark Sentinel v4 red with windows - going to use it for youtube videos --> I'm meh about this one. But windows look great.
Dominix LE v4 with windows green - going to use it for 2 hands sparring --> kinda meh too.

I take it the only one to have windows is the dark sentinel V4?
Price wise, it's still above the 75$. But I'd be disappointed ngl.

I only ever bought one sound MB. And I got a Dark Sentinel LE V5, in sentinel yellow, silver AV switch. I was thrilled, as I would have bought one eventually. Then, I decided I would not try my luck again ^^'

https://sabfe.com/gallery/

4 have windows, violet color on the photo is actually standard blue

Sith Combat Academy

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #1409 on: August 10, 2021, 06:51:35 PM »

https://sabfe.com/lightsaber-gallery/

4 have windows, violet color on the photo is actually standard blue
Oh! windows can make a lot of designs look nicer.
Nice pic!
I stand my ground even with the windows. the initiate v5 is kinda bland without the LE.
The Dominix LE V4 is quite nice!
So AFAIC, the two LEs are ok.
The dark sentinel might be interesting to spin.

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95   Go Up