Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Blade tip glue question..  (Read 1097 times)
Yega
Dark Sentinel
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -194

« on: October 26, 2011, 01:09:46 AM »

So, I asked my mother to pick me up some Gorilla glue. She did, but it is gorilla super glue...

Idk if this will work and wanted to know what you guys think or if any of you have tried it before.

Im sawing an inch off of my blade due to a crack. I need to put a new tip on, and apparently US suggests Gorilla glue. This is gorilla super glue. It is actually thicker than regular super glue, so that is a plus. I also have PVC cement, and I know for a fact that that stuff is STRONG.

I need the tip on by tomorrow night, so I need to glue it on tonight (so it has a long few hours to settle and get stronger).

I don't have any regular gorilla glue. All I have is the Gorilla super glue, and PVC cement.

If you guys have any other suggestions pertaining to sawing the blade, the cellophane, gluing the tip on, your advise is welcome!!!

Dark Side points are much appreciated.

Sarich Belmont
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 54

I am legend.

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 01:44:41 AM »

I think the super glue is what they recommend. Regular Gorilla Glue has a real bad habit of foaming up all over the place because it's used for stacked wood.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYXHOCgYY0o" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYXHOCgYY0o</a>

"I don't aim to be like you, Master, not at all. I aim to be better." Jacen Sarich, then-Padawan. (From my old Star Wars D20 days.)

Under Construction...

Yega
Dark Sentinel
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -194

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 01:48:32 AM »

Oh! Awesome!! That will work!!!

So, he mentioned a lip in the blade? What is that? Do I need to make one?

Dark Side points are much appreciated.

txenvoy
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 04:08:35 PM »

Also. I used Loctite Epoxy Plastic Bonder to reattach two tip on my blades. It works great! They have not fell off since. FYI.

Dominix V2 - Blazing Red
Prophecy - Guardian Blue
Standard Issue Battle Saber - Guardian Blue
Vader ANH Stunt - Blazing Red
Anakin ROTS Stunt  - Guardian Blue
Archon v2 - Sentinel Yellow

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: