Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: A Couple of Risky LED Questions... (long post warning!)  (Read 996 times)
Wobbywoo
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -18

« on: July 24, 2017, 08:01:03 PM »

Hey there,
Before I ask - Mods, I really don't want to break any forum rules or offend anyone so if this thread counts as advertising or anything feel free to remove it. Humblest apologies if that is the case.
So, on to the asking!
Basically, I've been working on a custom saber (http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=32995.msg507313#msg507313 for those of you who are curious) and I bought an Ultrasabers LED module for use in the saber since it uses the War Glaive emitter. The ONLY problem with that is, because of my switch positioning, I have to add a couple of inches to the saber (since the modules hang under the emitter), which both makes it unwieldy and weakens the structure of the whole thing.
As most of us know, the difference between the LED Modules that Ultrasabers sell and those which the other guys sell is that the other guys' actually slots inside their emitters, which could save me space although it'll make the casing get hotter.
The first question I have is, are the modules that the other guys sell compatible with Ultrasabers emitters? That is to say, do they fit inside Ultrasabers emitters in the same way that they fit inside the emitters they're designed for?
The second question is, do the LED stars that Ultrasabers use fit inside the other guys' modules? It would be much cheaper to continue to use the Ultrasabers LEDs inside the new module than to buy a whole new LED kit from the other guys - especially since I'm in the UK so postage is ridiculous.
Sorry for the long post, and thanks in advance!
Wobbywoo

Dark side points please, if necessary!

Sabers:

(_(_(_(_(|o|(((|_|]____Dominix v2_______________)

(⁅⁆} {≣≣(__)≍(o__)≍(€__Gallifreyan Destiny___________)

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 03:38:06 AM »

Hey there,
Before I ask - Mods, I really don't want to break any forum rules or offend anyone so if this thread counts as advertising or anything feel free to remove it. Humblest apologies if that is the case.
So, on to the asking!
Basically, I've been working on a custom saber (http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=32995.msg507313#msg507313 for those of you who are curious) and I bought an Ultrasabers LED module for use in the saber since it uses the War Glaive emitter. The ONLY problem with that is, because of my switch positioning, I have to add a couple of inches to the saber (since the modules hang under the emitter), which both makes it unwieldy and weakens the structure of the whole thing.
As most of us know, the difference between the LED Modules that Ultrasabers sell and those which the other guys sell is that the other guys' actually slots inside their emitters, which could save me space although it'll make the casing get hotter.
The first question I have is, are the modules that the other guys sell compatible with Ultrasabers emitters? That is to say, do they fit inside Ultrasabers emitters in the same way that they fit inside the emitters they're designed for?
The second question is, do the LED stars that Ultrasabers use fit inside the other guys' modules? It would be much cheaper to continue to use the Ultrasabers LEDs inside the new module than to buy a whole new LED kit from the other guys - especially since I'm in the UK so postage is ridiculous.
Sorry for the long post, and thanks in advance!
Wobbywoo

Most LED modules are 1" unless specified. Also, all LED stars should fit all 1" and above modules. If you have questions on specific items, PM me links and such.

Wobbywoo
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -18

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 06:40:54 AM »

Thank you, that's fantastic! A point to you for your assistance  Grin

Wobbywoo

Dark side points please, if necessary!

Sabers:

(_(_(_(_(|o|(((|_|]____Dominix v2_______________)

(⁅⁆} {≣≣(__)≍(o__)≍(€__Gallifreyan Destiny___________)

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 05:23:02 PM »

Most regular 1" LED modules are pretty standard.  They will fit just about any LED commonly used for sabers (provided you have the right optics), and they should work fine inside any MHS compatible bodies.  Depending on the sizing of the internals, you may experience some rattle, so I've seen people drill a second hole to use a set screw for their module.

However, the MLS units will only fit specific hilts, so I would check before using those in a build with any alternate parts.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: