Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: My Rambling Review of the Archon V3.1 RGBW Diamond  (Read 2758 times)
BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« on: July 30, 2017, 09:40:21 PM »

Hello Saberforum. This is my rambling review of the Archon V3.1 RGBW Diamond. Here is my rambling video (bottom) and some random shots. This is a beautiful saber. I love it, really love it. I was never a fan of this hilt but I am glad I decided to take the gamble.  

*NOTE*: Darth Cephalus, I am sorry I forgot your name.  Grin

Some Specs/Background:
* Classic Archon pommel without D-Ring
* Covertec wheel placed in near pommel, in rear
* Non-illuminated silver A/V switch
* Recharge Port
* Ordered: 7/12/17.
* Received shipping notification: 7/13/17
* Received in hand: 7/17/17

Sound Fonts:
Font 1: Guardian Blue with Dark Violet Amethyst shimmer; Arctic Blue FoC [Ultrasabers' "Obsidian"]
Font 2: Guardian Blue with Dark Violet Amethyst shimmer; Arctic Blue FoC [Mute]
Font 3: Consular Green with Sentinel Yellow shimmer; Sentinel Yellow FoC [Ultrasabers' "Obsidian"]
Font 4: Consular Green with Sentinel Yellow shimmer; Sentinel Yellow FoC [Mute]
Font 5: Bane's Heart shimmer; Adegan Silver FoC [Ultrasabers' "Obsidian"]
Font 6: Adegan Silver shimmer; Adegan Silver FoC [Ultrasabers' "Obsidian"]
Font 7: Guardian Blue shimmer; Adegan Silver FoC [Ultrasabers' "Episode I"]
Font 8: Guardian Blue with Dark Violet Amethyst shimmer; Arctic Blue FoC [Novastar's "Episode IV"]
Font 9: Consular Green with Lime Green shimmer; Sentinel Yellow FoC [NinjaJesus' "Luke RotJ"]
Font 10: Blazing Red pulse to Guardian Blue; Sentinel Yellow FoC; RGBW Lockup  [DarthKitsune's "Mario"]

*NOTE*:  The camera doesn't do justice to my Guardian Blue with Dark Violet Amethyst shimmer.

*NOTE:*: This is my first time experimenting with Bane's Heart, such a beautiful color!

*NOTE*: This is my first time experimenting with Adegan Silver, this is a color I never thought I would have liked.

HERE IS THE VIDEO:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rORfQmsj6qY&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rORfQmsj6qY&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 02:46:52 AM »

Well I think that this is hands down the most passionate review I have watched in a long time if not ever !  Loved the featured sound font and blade light effects lol... you will need to watch the video to see what I'm referring to.  Cheesy

point  Cool

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 03:05:05 AM »

Excellent saber there. Nicely set up for you

BatMike90
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 12:56:37 PM »

Well I think that this is hands down the most passionate review I have watched in a long time if not ever !  Loved the featured sound font and blade light effects lol... you will need to watch the video to see what I'm referring to.  Cheesy

point  Cool

Thank you. I am very passionate about all my sabers especially this one. Point, back at ya.  Cool

Excellent saber there. Nicely set up for you

Thank you. Point.

Arsenel:
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
BatMike90's Soundfonts

mini_talisman
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 07:43:10 PM »

Thank you. I am very passionate about all my sabers especially this one. Point, back at ya.  Cool

Thank you. Point.

I was wondering if you ever changed the color of the blade to a Sentinel Yellow, and if you did: how did it look with the Archon v3.1 skinny neck? Im planning on purchasing a Archon v3.1 with Sentinel Yellow with Obsidian Lite Soundboard for my brother for a Christmas gift and I know he likes Yellow sabers and such.

Thanks!

asrah
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -10

Feed me the Dark Side! Tastes like cookies!

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 04:12:26 AM »

Nice saber! Ive always been fond of the Obi Wan style hilts from a visual perspective. Doubt i could comfortably wield one though. Im glad you like your saber!

Any chance youd be willing to upload your "took forever font" and PM ModeratorBigBoss (or maybe Drachir? I dont know it mentions him) for one of them to put it in this thread? http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=11414.0

Wahshiya
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 40

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 11:37:16 PM »

Thanks for posting this.

I was waffling on getting an Archon 3.1 RBGW w/ diamond or just light sound (and getting a diamond in my second EH... when they get the angled ABs back in stock).  After seeing this review, I think I am set on the Archon.  I was worried about all of the concerns I've read over the restriction of light through the narrow neck, but it looks fine for the colors I use most. 

Plus 3.1 hilt is interesting in and of itself but also kind of a blank canvas for emitter/pommel swaps and maybe some modding.  Plus I just got a couple of ideas for some sound fonts.  And since I recently started working on a shadow collective deathwatch supercommando armor kit... might as well have the Obi saber to go with it!

Current Ultra Sabers arsenal:
Emperor's Hand - Menace emitter, Emerald controller and v4 Obsidian SB
Archon 3.1 - Diamond controller
Fulcrum - Emerald controller and v3 Obsidian SB
Dark War Glaive - RGB w/ v4 SB
Raven - BR w/ v4 SB
"Revanite Sentinel" (customized Dark Sentinel V4) - Red - stunt
"Revanite Sentinel Reforged" (customized Dark Sentinel V4 LE) - Obsidian V3 SB - Purple w/ QDs
Plus lots more stunt and project sabers
Next up: Scorpion, Malice, Flamberge V2

BatMike90
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2017, 05:31:38 PM »

Nice saber! Ive always been fond of the Obi Wan style hilts from a visual perspective. Doubt i could comfortably wield one though. Im glad you like your saber!

Any chance youd be willing to upload your "took forever font" and PM ModeratorBigBoss (or maybe Drachir? I dont know it mentions him) for one of them to put it in this thread? http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=11414.0

It is not my sound font. I just made the effects. So I think that is frowned upon.

Thanks for posting this.

I was waffling on getting an Archon 3.1 RBGW w/ diamond or just light sound (and getting a diamond in my second EH... when they get the angled ABs back in stock).  After seeing this review, I think I am set on the Archon.  I was worried about all of the concerns I've read over the restriction o :)f light through the narrow neck, but it looks fine for the colors I use most. 

Plus 3.1 hilt is interesting in and of itself but also kind of a blank canvas for emitter/pommel swaps and maybe some modding.  Plus I just got a couple of ideas for some sound fonts.  And since I recently started working on a shadow collective deathwatch supercommando armor kit... might as well have the Obi saber to go with it!

Glad I could help!

Arsenel:
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Tzimho
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -75

I'm one with the force, the force is with me..

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2017, 06:56:04 PM »

very nice review! I cracked at the Mario Lightsaber  Cheesy:D

totally gonna copy your idea when I get a Diamond Saber

that surely is a dark side point for you!

Working on a Gray-Jedi cosplay...

Following the ways of the Force, not the ways of some order!

Dark Shock (Emerald RGBA V4 sound)
Reaper (Emerald RGBW V4 sound)

BatMike90
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2017, 10:24:24 AM »

very nice review! I cracked at the Mario Lightsaber  Cheesy:D

totally gonna copy your idea when I get a Diamond Saber

that surely is a dark side point for you!

Thank you.

Arsenel:
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: