Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Sound artifacts in some fonts? (*click* or *pop*)  (Read 1841 times)
tn44
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: August 03, 2017, 08:25:13 PM »

So I'm sure people have noticed the 'click' that happens at the end of sounds in some fonts. As I'm not used to working with WAV files, could anybody with more know-how happen to have any idea how to eliminate these?
I'm working on a new font, creating sounds from the ground up. It's going pretty well so far but the idle sound has this clicking, I first noticed it in a few of the default sound fonts. A few downloaded fonts I found to have this problem too.

I know generally what causes this but can't seem to clean it out without ruining my sound loop.

ModalNodes
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 16

NOOOOOOOOO

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 02:17:23 PM »

I'm sure there's a better way to do it, but what I do is find the click and remove it from the sound. Because it's only a fraction of a second long, it doesn't "damage" the font much, or at all.

"I am a Jedi, like my father before me." -Spock (Raiders of the Lost Ark, 2013)

tn44
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 12:57:03 PM »

It doesn't seem to be that simple for me, unfortunately. The clicking comes from, near as I can tell, a high concentration of audio at the end of a sound clip. It's the sound the speakers make when they terminate the noise, or something like that. Is there a program you were able to use to remove them? Audacity doesn't really work, deleting a bit off the end of the clip only moves the click instead of removing it.

ModalNodes
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 16

NOOOOOOOOO

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 01:56:41 PM »

No, I didn't use any program, and just deleting the end of the sound won't work, because the click isn't always right at the end. What I do is listen for the click and look at the audio line graph thing (the blue in Audacity, don't know what to call it) and find where it drops or rises abnormally, kind of making a spike. Then I delete that small area, and I'm normally good to go, unless there are a lot of clicks.

"I am a Jedi, like my father before me." -Spock (Raiders of the Lost Ark, 2013)

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 02:43:36 PM »

You've got to look for a zero point (which is really convenient because pressing the Z key will lock onto the nearest one). Ending the audio at the zero point will eliminate this click.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: