Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: First review  (Read 623 times)
Unwyrden
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

Good and Evil are often a matter of perspective

« on: August 04, 2017, 02:11:19 AM »

For my first lightsaber, I ordered a $75 Mystery Box and received a stunt Arbiter in Blazing Red with a silver non-illuminated AV switch! Everything was delivered ahead of my expectations and the packaging was excellent so it all arrived safely. I'd also ordered a 36" UltraEdge Heavy blade and a Blade Plug (Retention Screw Tool came with the Mystery Box) which I am very happy with.

The Arbiter is long, definitely designed as a two-handed saber, but the weight isn't bad and the balance with my 36" UE Heavy blade is right at the choke so one-handed flourishes and moves aren't hindered at all. It's fully silver, which is a bit much to me, but the grip accents and the details are excellent. It definitely has a lot of potential for customization (I'm currently tossing ideas around about what I'll do) and the long hilt has a lot of room for any electronics and wiring inside. I keep saying is long rather than large because the circumference is actually perfect, preventing it from feeling uncomfortable. The Archon Emitter is beautiful, and the Archon Pommel comes vented so you can easily add sound.

Neither of these are cons to the hilt, just observations. I will say that the blade doesn't recess very far into the hilt (only the length of the emitter) so when I abruptly halted a strong swing there was a perceptible wiggle to the blade. I never thought it would come out of the hilt, but if it recessed an extra inch or so it would stabilize the blade better. Along the same lines, the roominess of the inside allows the battery pack to shift a bit when it's in motion. I'll probably be adding a black and silver vented coupler and the necessary F-to-F TCSS MHS adapter between the body and the emitter (yes, making it even longer!). I might add something like a couple of my wife's ponytail elastics around the battery pack to keep it still.

Overall, I'm very pleased with my purchase and the service UltraSabers provided! I've already been showing it off to friends and recommending they purchase from US.

Dark Side points please

Currently Owned:
Stunt Arbiter in Blazing Red with Silver AV Switch - From $75 Mystery Box!

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 03:38:38 AM »

Arbiter's a nice looking hilt. Good find there

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: