Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Prior to buying  (Read 1767 times)
Sithbusters
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: August 06, 2017, 04:19:18 AM »

Does anyone know if on the obsidian le sound board if i can set different colors to each font?

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 04:24:35 AM »

Can only change the colors on fonts using the Emerald controller with either the Obsidian V3/V4 or Diamond controller, to my knowledge

StarWarsForce
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -106

Light or Dark Points? You choose!

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 05:13:59 AM »

In order to change your blade's color, you need the Emerald Driver or Diamond Controller.

On the Emerald Driver/Obsidian Soundboard (V3 or V4) set-up, you need to plug your saber into your computer via a USB cord each time you'd like to change the color. You can have two colors pulsing between each other, and a third color for FOC effects. When you unplug your saber, you will need to stick with the color set-up you made through any sound fonts you have on your saber. To change the color set-up, you need to replug the saber into the computer. So, for example, if I had the Emerald Driver/Obsidian V4 set-up (which the V4 allows me to cycle through 8 different soundfonts) and I decided I wanted Sunrider's Destiny as my first pulse color, Consular Green as my second pulse color, and Blazing Red as my FOC color, my saber would always be SD/CG/BR through any soundfont I cycle through on the Obsidian V4 Soundboard.

Two attractive features of the Diamond Controller are that you can change soundfonts and colors on the go (every single font can be assigned to a different color--10 fonts total on the Diamond Controller), and that you can have more than 3 colors at a time (you can create a saber that pulses through a rainbow of colors on one font). It's a little different than the Emerald set-up because on the Diamond Controller, sound and color are linked together as one.

Hope this helped!

Sabers I own (in order of how I got them):
Dominix LE V4--AS--Stunt
Consular--Emerald RGBW--V4 Sound
Manticore CE--Emerald RGBW--V4 Sound
Crimson Reaper--Tri AS--V4 Sound (Free Premium GB)
Dark War Glaive Body/Crimson Reaper Emitter/Crimson Mantis Pommel Mix--BR--Stunt (Free Premium GB)
Dark Prophecy V3--DVA--V4 Sound
Initiate LE V4--CG--Lite Sound (2nd Summer Raffle Win, 4th Prize, 2016)

Sithbusters
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 05:29:15 AM »

Alright. Im just wondering so i could use my saber for multiple costumes. Example travos touch down from no more heros have like five light sabers and you can change them mid fight.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2017, 01:40:32 PM »

The only way you're going to be able to change colors mid fight on a single saber is with either an RGB setup, which is only available on certain models, or a Diamond controller.  Diamond has different blade color, pulse, flash, etc. settings for each font, so changing fonts can change blade colors.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: