Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Share Your Summer of 17" Raffle Ticket Purchases  (Read 14206 times)
Darth Veilus
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -40

DARK SIDE POINTS ONLY PLEASE!

« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2017, 11:24:13 PM »

Are they announcing the winners today or tomorrow?

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2017, 11:28:39 PM »

By email tomorrow morning during daylight hours, but they'll create a new post here on SaberForum announcing the winners in the wee hours tonight, like these of past raffles - notice the time/date they were created by Deep:

SPRING 2017 Raffle Winners:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=34709.0

WINTER 2017 Raffle Winners:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=33748.0

AUTUMN 2016 Raffle Winners:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=33130.0

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Darth Veilus
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2017, 11:44:45 PM »

GUESS WHO'S NOT SLEEPING! LoL

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2017, 11:52:11 PM »

You're in good company - it's all part o' da fun!

jeditobiah
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 7

May the force be with you!!

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2017, 01:56:21 AM »

Hey LB! How ya doing? Purchased a mantis ce for a raffle entry. Then got a initiate v3with v4sound for another entry. Both orders have been on hold until after the raffle. Nothing like having your patience tested lol. Good luck to all who entered the raffle!!

Sentinel v4 tri GB, Dominix LE v2  stunt BR, Prophecy v3 tri AB, Consular CG, Menance SE BR, Guardian  GB, Lost Gray SD, Fulcrum CG, Electrum Wind VA, Emperors Hand VA, Flamberge v3 sound BR, Crimson Scorpion tri AS, Mantis CE tri CG ,initiate v4 FO, dark initiate v4 BR.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2017, 02:12:47 AM »

Hey, jeditobiah. I'm doing alrighty, thanks. I have the Dark Mantis myself. It's really very cool and better in person especially with the claws. Have to be careful, though, to stay away from the chevron cutouts when dueling or spinning because you can cut your hand. I love the raffle suspense. So much FUN! Then comes the sharing and reviewing. Really interesting and useful for future saber purchase possibilities   Cool

jeditobiah
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2017, 02:31:52 AM »

Thanks LB for the info about the chevrons having the ability to cut you. Is there a way to remove the sharp edge without damaging the finish?

Sentinel v4 tri GB, Dominix LE v2  stunt BR, Prophecy v3 tri AB, Consular CG, Menance SE BR, Guardian  GB, Lost Gray SD, Fulcrum CG, Electrum Wind VA, Emperors Hand VA, Flamberge v3 sound BR, Crimson Scorpion tri AS, Mantis CE tri CG ,initiate v4 FO, dark initiate v4 BR.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2017, 02:36:48 AM »

I haven't tried anything myself, but I've read of others using a super fine chisel.  I'm just careful now to keep my hand gripping south of that area and it's all good then.

jeditobiah
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2017, 02:49:02 AM »

Thanks again. Only a few hours before DEEP announces the winners. MTFBWY ALL!!

Darth Veilus
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2017, 03:41:51 AM »

Not soon enough lol still the wait is real lol

MaskofMany
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -151

All your sabers are belong to us...

« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2017, 04:29:31 PM »

Yeah...  So earlier this month when the Raffle began I told myself "No...no, you don't need any more sabers.  Call off this vendetta to win in a raffle, and save your money.  Maybe buy one around Christmas.  Stop this madness.  Just...stahp."

Well I did good, folks...  I made it all the way to the last day of the raffle.  And yeah...I couldn't help myself.  So this happened:

1" Blade Plugs
[Standard Blade Plug]     

Flamberge CE with Obsidian Premium Sound
[Crossguard Main Blade LED Color:Guardian Blue]
[Crossguard Left Blade LED Color:Guardian Blue]
[Crossguard Right Blade LED Color:Guardian Blue]
[Main Blade Type:40" Ultraedge Midgrade]
[Left Blade Type:8" Ultraedge Midgrade]
[Right Blade Type:8" Ultraedge Midgrade]
[Flash on Clash:No Flash]
[Battery Configuration:Li-Ion Setup with BuckPuck (Batteries & Charger Included)]
[Recharge Port:Recharge Port + No Charger]
[Sound:Obsidian USB V4 Sound! [V4]]
[Switch Type:Green Illuminated Silver AV Switch]
[Blade Tip:Round Tips on all blades]
[Include Retention Screw Wrench:Sure!]
[Include Blade Plug:Yes, Include Standard Plug]
[Include Saber Stand:No Thanks]
[Include MINI USB Cable:No Thanks]
[Include Covertec Clip:No Thanks]
[Install Covertec Wheel:No Thanks]

MysteryBox
[Mystery Box Type:$75 Random Mystery Box]
[Blade Length:36" Standard Size]
[Blade Option:UltraEdge Midgrade]
[Blade Tip:Round Tip]
[Include Retention Screw Wrench:Sure!]
[Include Blade Plug:Yes, Include Standard Plug]
[Include Saber Stand:No Thanks]

And of course I got all the extra raffle goodies. 

Next step is to go get my hands on a 40" and x2 4" Photon Blades for the Flamberge, and then I'll have a serious Ghostsaber

Yet again I am not a winner in the raffle ( aldsf;lakmnakjpwo3ewfZ><,.dzaf;oewosladf ) but hey!  I'm getting some awesome new sabers Smiley

One more off my wishlist!

Also...  Congratulations to all the winners of the raffle, and to ISOLA - super congrats on your Emerald win, that's awesome!

Dark Side Points Please Smiley

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2017, 04:53:11 PM »

That's a beautiful sight, it really, really is - good for you, man!  I'm honestly torn between the Flamberge CE and the Flamberge V2.  The CE versions are so slick, though.  I freakin LOVE that you are getting the CE version with Guardian Blue and doing the Photon Blades with it.  I have a couple myself and pretty amazing, but not great for dueling as the coating can get scraped pretty easily - still looks good but probably better for cosplay/show than combat.  40+8+8 is going to be a beast! 

Good luck with the Mystery Box, too!  I've got the first one of those coming my way as well.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2017, 08:18:53 PM »

Hey everyone.  Just a heads up that I have started a new thread in the Gallery Section for showing off your saber related entries that led to a winning raffle ticket... and of course your winning saber !  Not for a lengthy review but more of a visual delight for all us saber enthusiasts to enjoy.  Cheesy

MaskofMany
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -151

All your sabers are belong to us...

« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2017, 09:03:52 PM »

That's a beautiful sight, it really, really is - good for you, man!  I'm honestly torn between the Flamberge CE and the Flamberge V2.  The CE versions are so slick, though.  I freakin LOVE that you are getting the CE version with Guardian Blue and doing the Photon Blades with it.  I have a couple myself and pretty amazing, but not great for dueling as the coating can get scraped pretty easily - still looks good but probably better for cosplay/show than combat.  40+8+8 is going to be a beast! 

Good luck with the Mystery Box, too!  I've got the first one of those coming my way as well.

Thank ya!  Yeah the idea of the super-slick CE nickel plating with bright blue, or the super-bright green of photon just kept calling to me - especially after finding out how incredibly light the Flamberges are after getting one for my buddy for his b-day.  I'd assumed they were close to as heavy as the Renegade (which weighs half a ton), but no...super light.

Regarding the 8" sideblades - I don't really plan on using them for the saber, but rather for like...I dunno, pikes or something lol  My Renegade I got with 6" sideblades, and found even those to be WAY too wide, and instead use 4" icicle lights in it which just looks better anyway.  I know I can't get my hands on Photon-Icicle lights, so instead I'm going to do a measurement when it arrives and find what length of sideblade would suit me, then order some photon blades from TCSS.  I'm thinking 3-4" sideblades will do it, and not be too wide for the quillion-area.

Dark Side Points Please Smiley

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2017, 11:19:14 PM »

Thank ya!  Yeah the idea of the super-slick CE nickel plating with bright blue, or the super-bright green of photon just kept calling to me - especially after finding out how incredibly light the Flamberges are after getting one for my buddy for his b-day.  I'd assumed they were close to as heavy as the Renegade (which weighs half a ton), but no...super light.

Regarding the 8" sideblades - I don't really plan on using them for the saber, but rather for like...I dunno, pikes or something lol  My Renegade I got with 6" sideblades, and found even those to be WAY too wide, and instead use 4" icicle lights in it which just looks better anyway.  I know I can't get my hands on Photon-Icicle lights, so instead I'm going to do a measurement when it arrives and find what length of sideblade would suit me, then order some photon blades from TCSS.  I'm thinking 3-4" sideblades will do it, and not be too wide for the quillion-area.

Excellent plan.  I've seen the icicle lights (Samhain did an amazing job on his with a silicon coated primary blade in RED) and always thought I'd want to do that when I got mine and maybe pay extra for Emerald to get the pulse effect for an unstable blade appearance, but since you can only change the primary blade color not sure the cost is worth it.  Samhain's video makes for a pretty convincing case, though, check it out:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUJ0LZ88AIQ" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUJ0LZ88AIQ</a>

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: