Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Faint Flickering and AV switch registering  (Read 553 times)
StarWarsForce
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -106

Light or Dark Points? You choose!

« on: August 10, 2017, 05:04:50 AM »

Hi Everyone,
     I have an Initiate LE v4 in Consular Green with Obsidian Lite sound that I won as a part of last year's 2nd summer raffle (see signature). I don't pick it up all that often, but I like it as a part of my collection because it's a green blade in a basic hilt model and it works well for duel wielding or combining it as part of a staff.

I have noticed that the green LED flickers ever so slightly, even on full batteries. You really have to look for it to notice the flickering if you're standing in the middle of the room, but if you bring it over to the wall, you can see on the wall that it is indeed flickering. On perhaps a related note, I have also noticed that it sometimes takes a couple of tries for the AV switch to register for turning on, clash sounds, and for turning the saber off.

I haven't had any of these problems with my other sabers, although none of them have lite sound. Does anybody have an idea of what could be the problem before I ask US to help?

Sabers I own (in order of how I got them):
Dominix LE V4--AS--Stunt
Consular--Emerald RGBW--V4 Sound
Manticore CE--Emerald RGBW--V4 Sound
Crimson Reaper--Tri AS--V4 Sound (Free Premium GB)
Dark War Glaive Body/Crimson Reaper Emitter/Crimson Mantis Pommel Mix--BR--Stunt (Free Premium GB)
Dark Prophecy V3--DVA--V4 Sound
Initiate LE V4--CG--Lite Sound (2nd Summer Raffle Win, 4th Prize, 2016)

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 01:45:28 PM »

Could be a bad switch or a slightly loose solder connection.  I had similar issues with the switch in a saber that I added a sound board to, it wound up being a solder connection that was "shifting" inside the saber.  Re-soldered it and put on new heat shrink and I haven't had that problem since.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: