Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Author Topic: Post Here for the Summer Raffle 2017 Entry & Prize Thread  (Read 27506 times)
Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2017, 12:54:26 AM »

Beautiful RevanReborn

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2017, 02:29:12 AM »

Some beautiful hilts there, RevanReborn

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2017, 03:13:50 AM »

Congrats Rev. Someday I hope to have all of those sabers as well, but until then, I will just have to be content looking at yours. Grin

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2017, 03:14:44 AM »

@Revan, nice scores. I really want me an Emperor's Hand saber at some point, looks like a nice comfy dueler. @The other one with the big package, the Consular and Electrum Wind and Initiate V2? That Initiate looks so much tinier than the other sabers Tongue Give that saber some attention every now and then too Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2017, 03:27:00 AM »

Rev, those look AMAZING! SO happy for you - congrats!

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2017, 03:38:36 AM »

Nice unboxing.  Enjoy your 1000 point.

Congrats also to everyone else who has posted so far.  Smiley

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2017, 04:54:55 AM »

Nice buys and wins! Thanks for all the pictures and video!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2017, 11:28:31 AM »

Sweet score there, Rev Smiley

As promised here are my entry and prize sabers with some initial thoughts on each:

The Non-winning Entry

| Shock LE - Sentinel Yellow/Silver FoC - Quick Disconnects - Obsidian V4 Sound - 32" UE Midgrade Blade - AV Switch |

I absolutely adore the look and feel of this hilt, but there are two minor issues. Whoever tapped the retention screw thread was a bit rough and some of the anodizing has been taken off around the hole, almost like they went to drill it, missed, and had a second go. Whoops! And secondly, it has a faulty AV switch. It's sunken and doesn't work most times it's pressed. I think whoever installed it threw way too much heat into it when soldering the wires in to the pins. That's one reason I never solder wires when they can be securely screwed in. Whoops whoops! I'll buy a new one next time I place an order if they let me order one of this style of switch on it's own, or I'll just swap it out for a different switch if they don't sell these switches separately. And at least I can always buy a new emitter down the road too if the damage keeps me up at night lol

Once this hilt is working properly I can see it climbing to the top of my most frequented spinning sabers. The weight, length and balance are exceptional and the default covertec wheel is not in the way for me personally. I love how well the design of the pommel works even though it is so simple in its execution. I waited a long time for this hilt to come back in to stock and I'm really pleased that I was finally able to buy it. The Sentinel Yellow and Adegan Silver perfectly complement the gold and silver of the hilt. I'm almost tempted to buy another one and make a Sentinel staff out of them. It's just that nice! And even though I say "non-winning entry" this saber is a total win and I highly recommend it to anyone who wants a good all-rounder with full MHS compatibility

6/10 (But only because of the damage. It's an  easy 10 once it's fixed!)

The Winning Entry

| Dark Omen - Tri Arctic Blue - Quick Disconnects - Obsidian LITE Sound - Blank Discs - 16" UE Midgrade Blade - AV Switch/Bezel Switcheroo |

I'm not really a Thundercats fan. Never much watched it. Never really thought much of this hilt either to be honest, until I realized you don't need to keep the emitter. I bought this saber with the plan to put a different emitter on it as soon as I opened the box. And then I opened the box. Wow! As you can see - I put the emitter on. This is another one of those sabers that as soon as I saw it in person my opinion of it changed instantly. Then I put the emitter on and the good vibes just kept on coming! This saber is lots of fun to wield due to it being top heavy and feeling more sword like. It has a really cool presence about it and I was glad to be wrong about this saber!

I opted for the switch bezel switcheroo to drag the black/silver theme over the switch area as well, and now that I'll be keeping the black and silver emitter on there I'm even more pleased that I opted for that combo.

Lite sound is fantastic and I'm really glad that I scored a mystery box with lite sound so I could test it without preconceived notions. I'm happy with the default Obsidian font and use it on several of my V4 sabers. Having no mute is a bit of a deal breaker for some people, but for something like The Omen which looks just as impressive off as it does on... I just didn't think it was needed.

I think I'm going to have to go around the edges of those claws with some fine sandpaper though. I did have warning from Darth Cephalus that spinning this saber is kind of asking for trouble, and he was right because I managed to scratch my forearm almost instantly by not having the claws aligned properly when doing a backwards spin. This saber is too much fun to NOT use though, so I'm going to smooth out the bitey parts and enjoy it to the full extent!

8/10 (Not an every day saber, but tons of fun!)

The EMERALD PRIZE Sabers

I was able to chose any two hilts from the Ultra Sabers line up and have them outfitted with the Emerald Driver and Obsidian Premium Sound (v3). The sabers come as they would without choosing any extras in the store, and if you would like upgrades you are able to pay for them. I have listed the optional extras I picked.

| The Malice - Emerald Driver - Large Claws - Square Pommel - Upgrade: Obsidian V4 Sound - Upgrade: side mounted Activation Box with AV switch - Upgrade: 40" UE Heavy Grade Blade - Upgrade: Bronze Button - currently set to VA(pulse to)DVA |

I don't even know were to start with this big girl. I knew The Malice looked cool, I knew it seemed cool, and I've wanted one for quite a while. I was waiting for the black and silver square pommels to come back in to stock though... but... when the option came up to outfit a Malice with Emerald I kind of felt like I'd be stupid NOT to do it. I honestly felt a bit greedy picking such an expensive hilt, so much so that I even said in my e-mail to US that if there are any problems with my hilt choices just let me know. But they were totally cool with me choosing it as one of my two and that just goes to show how generous this team really is to their customers.

There was no way I wasn't going to get this without making it as big as possible, so the large claws were a definite. The 40" blade was a definite and I knew there was no point getting a mid grade, so I paid for the upgrade to a UE Heavy. I was going to go for a silver switch on a black box, but then decided to ask for something that's not even a normal option. I asked for silver box screws on a black box so I could also get a black switch. I feel it draws less attention to the activation box than a silver switch would. It's still noticeable, but you don't linger on it. I will be waiting patiently for the black and silver square pommels to come back in to stock as that was the only option I wanted that I couldn't have.

I paid to change to a bronze button because I wanted a color that I felt would work with every blade color seeing as this saber is equipped with the Emerald driver. This decision has now set in stone my resolution to also get a bronze button on a Bellicose when I buy one of them because it looks AMAZING!

I cannot fault this saber in any way. It exceeded all my expectations and then some. It's big, it's long, it's thick, it's heavy and it looks like Death himself would turn tail and run from whomsoever wields it.

10/10 (Just get one)

| Curved Reaper - Emerald Driver - Upgrade: Obsidian V4 Sound - Upgrade: 32" Heavy Blade - Upgrade: AV Switch/Bezel Switcheroo - currently set to AB(pulse to)AS |

So first off - THANK YOU SO MUCH, ULTRA SABERS!!! Being a U.S.A. con exclusive, and me living in Australia I honestly thought there was no way I was ever going to get my hands on one of these hilts. I am a huge fan of The Reaper and was lusting after the Curved Reaper greatly. When I sent my e-mail asking if there was any chance at all I could pick this hilt I was honestly expecting, and prepared for a "No, it's a con only exclusive." reply. So much so that I was already looking through the catalogue trying to find two hilts to pick and almost settling for twin standard Reapers. However, Marlena replied and told me that YES I could in fact have a Curved Reaper as one of my hilts!

I chose again a switch/bezel switeroo to add some silver to the bent neck section as the Curved Reaper is not etched like the standard Reaper. At first I was debating on having the switch section engraving professionally added to the Curved Reaper but upon seeing it in person I feel the silver ring is enough. It looks just different enough to have its' own style, but is unmistakably still a Reaper at heart.

I did ask for a black covertec wheel but they must have been out of stock because I got a silver one, so when I order a matching Emerald standard Reaper to be this saber's companion hilt, I will check to see if the black wheels are back in stock then and order one to swap it out. The idea was to mimic the switch/bezel silver on black theme and have a black covertec wheel with a silver center screw. For now I will steal the one off my Dark Mantis.

Some idiot (me, I'm the idiot) typed "32 inch heavy grade blade" into the e-mail instead of "32 inch ULTRA EDGE heavy grade blade" so I will have to make sure to remember to order the correct blade with my next purchase. A fool and his money, as they say  Roll Eyes I will add it to someone's gift saber some time so they can have a more durable blade.

I'm both proud and excited to own a Curved Reaper, and again cannot fault this hilt. It's just as comfortable as a Mantis, but has that little bit extra flair that only the Reapers have. This will be a fun dual wield hilt with my Dark Mantis!

10/10 (Anyone who has the opportunity to buy one of these, you'd be crazy not to)

Ultra Sabers also included a black and silver vented coupler so I can staff these hilts together, but I'm having way too much fun with all these hilts in solo form yet and have not tried joining them as yet. When I get around to trying out some staff combos I'll add photos in one of the Gallery threads.

"The Winner's Circle" everything that came in the winning entry box!

Even though they are now in my hands I am still having trouble believing that I won, this is an amazing feeling. Ultra Sabers, you have added two of my most desired sabers to my collection, they will be enjoyed immensely and cherished. I cannot possibly thank you enough for my wonderful prizes!

Congratulations to everyone else who won something, and thank you to everyone who entered the Summer Raffle to help support Ultra Sabers. It's great to see the love going both ways within this community!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2017, 02:50:53 PM »

I must admit, I was never keen on the curved Reaper. But I had also never seen one in black. Can't deny that I'm a little jealous now. Excellent call and score.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2017, 07:37:16 PM »

Wow it's clear you like some heavy duty sabers! Congrats on the win and getting what you wanted, looks like a huge freaking win!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2017, 07:56:06 PM »

Congratulation Isola, you picked some great looking sabers there!  I'm glad you finally got that curved reaper you were after, and that malice looks mean.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

c3p-oates
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 16

You may not recognize me because of the tartan arm

« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2017, 08:59:03 PM »

hahaha!! c3p-oates, i hear you man lol!  can be infuriating trying to get decent vid or pics of sabers at times.  Those look spectacular Smiley.

Thanks Revan. You've done well with your own pics too. This shot here is really premiering the hilts, I love it. The Archon has rocketed up my shortlist, the 3.1 specifically. And next to the Guardian...it just feels right. Oldskool meets Newskool. The man and the boy.

Congratulations on your amazing win. Well done. Given my own sabers I didn't think jealousy would ever be possible again lol.

Edit: I've just had a thought. Can forum members suggest possible prizes for the next raffle? What about a trip to the US workshops? A wee tour. Emory will sign your blade. You see The Prototype Room. You can spend the night on a bed of Graflex.

"Just pick that top name out the hat. Yeah, the kinda gold one. It has a red arm? I hadn't noticed." *Rocket Racoon wink*
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 09:59:15 PM by c3p-oates » Logged

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2017, 01:12:23 AM »

c3p... are you stirring up trouble again ?!  lol  Cheesy  Actually Emory did autograph the blade of a Malice, for at that time a regular Forum member... but you gotta catch up with him at one of the comic-cons or conventions.  Wink

Isola.  Beautiful sabers.  Shocks as I have mentioned before are my favorites as well as using the pommel on many other sabers.  Too bad about that retention screw hole ding.  This saber should have become a grab bag.  That Malice is a royal beast!  Not sure how I feel about the clear red disk on the Dark Omen.  Thinking that you might have some custom plans.  That black curved Reaper is quite the addition to your already large collection... good on you for asking for that one.  Smiley

Regarding the Bellicose... just playing with mine now and the blade holder or LED rattle is really annoying.  As much as I like the richness of that bronze button, I think that little pop of red makes this saber shmexy and I might even paint the av switch.  If you or anyone knows how to make that loose sound stop please share for this Belli only.  Oh... I changed out the pommel a bit.  Took the neck of a Guardian pommel and added to the short grooves Belli pommel.  I like the way it breaks up the stocky tube-like look and also adds just a bit more lower hand space without having to remove that covertec... that is placed where it is for no apparent reason that makes sense to me lol.  Cheesy

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2017, 02:49:02 AM »

WOW!!

Great pics on here for sure!

Awesome scores Rev & Isola!  Something else. 

Isola, congrats on the curved Reaper - you dog!  Smiley  Killer Omen as well - the winner eh?  Nice.  Cool

Rev! Dude!  Look at that take!  You had better give those away fast before the karma cops come...lol!  J/K man!  Keep 'em!  You know I love the Emperor's Hand, and a Guardian is one of the most schmexy sabers. Smiley

Congrats you two, and to all who won. Smiley

Points.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2017, 03:42:31 AM »

Wow, Isola, way to pick four of the greatest sabers they have. While I don't care for the emitter on the Omen that much, I really want to hilt. Even though the Shock is not my favorite hilt, it is definitely a super nice one. The Malice will be mine someday, and I would love a Curved Reaper (though I don't expect to get one anytime soon Cry) That's alright though, it's good to see other people getting amazing sabers.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: