Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Author Topic: Post Here for the Summer Raffle 2017 Entry & Prize Thread  (Read 27508 times)
Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2017, 08:36:27 PM »

That's gorgeous! I wasn't into the gold bits when I was buying on the site but the more I see sabers like this I'm a total convert. It's been a relentless journey of me saying "I'm not a fan of x", then actually looking more closely and swinging to "WOW. I want." You've really caught them well in your photographs too. Simply blown away here.
Same thing has happened to me more than a few times while perusing the site and seeing sabers I wrote off at first and then looking at them more carefully to discover there's more to them than my eyes were seemingly able to acknowledge. Always has been a happy ending, with the Shock being the latest. The first one was the Sentinel. Thanks for the kind feedback on the photos. It's always great to hear that I was able to capture it well enough for others to get a true sense of what I wanted them to see.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

c3p-oates
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 16

You may not recognize me because of the tartan arm

« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2017, 08:52:41 PM »

sabers I wrote off at first and then looking at them more carefully to discover there's more to them than my eyes were seemingly able to acknowledge.

This. Too true. I think I'll have to come to the conclusion that my eyes are simply not to be trusted on the US site. May try my sense of smell next. Or next purchase I'll close my eyes, wiggle my finger about in the air whilst scrolling the mouse wheel, then prod the screen shouting "THAT ONE!" Guaranteed I'm getting a scorcher.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #77 on: August 24, 2017, 09:46:55 PM »

Yes, indeedy.  A while back Isola815 started "Isola's Random Hilt Challenge" that was based on the idea that you choose 10 sabers that you were never planning on buying and let the roll of the dice determine which one you end up with. I don't know of anyone else besides he and I that actually did it. My random hilt decided by the will of the Force was the Archon 3.1.  It was actually a lot of fun - think of it as Mystery Saber but with some controlled factors to begin with, such as sabers you would never order or won't order for a long time, because some undesirable aspects of it made you write them off. Check it out:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=34659.90

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #78 on: August 24, 2017, 09:51:51 PM »

^^^Yeah the Omen is emitter heavy so if you ever get one just because be prepared for a work out x.x Tried one of my buddies out in Colorado, he has the Dark Omen and its heavier than what I'm normally used to, more so than any of the crossguards. I think the Dark Omen body, Arbiter emitter if you can get one, and Manticore high pommel would look sweet together Tongue

Last I checked, no one was stopping you from buying your own and doing just that.

Same thing has happened to me more than a few times while perusing the site and seeing sabers I wrote off at first and then looking at them more carefully to discover there's more to them than my eyes were seemingly able to acknowledge. Always has been a happy ending, with the Shock being the latest. The first one was the Sentinel. Thanks for the kind feedback on the photos. It's always great to hear that I was able to capture it well enough for others to get a true sense of what I wanted them to see.

Has happened to me a few times too. And then other times I've got one I never looked at as a Grab Bag, or bought one I didn't like with plans to modify it, and then liking it so much I didn't want to touch it, or in the case of my Reapers, modified them and now need to buy a new one to replace them  Grin Cheesy

However it's happened in reverse too  Undecided

c3p-oates
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #79 on: August 24, 2017, 10:29:13 PM »

Bwahaha thanks for the link LB. And what a great idea Isola. Love it. Grin

That Archon is really cool. I haven't watched the review yet. That's on my tomorrow list as I'm approaching my deactivation time, but did you put the reflective film in the neck or was that there on arrival?

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #80 on: August 24, 2017, 11:02:18 PM »

...did you put the reflective film in the neck or was that there on arrival?
That was there on arrival for my Archon 3.1, and I believe it's standard for that hilt because that skinny neck piece of the emitter needs the reflective film to help push out more light from the LED behind it.

c3p-oates
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #81 on: August 24, 2017, 11:18:32 PM »

So is it as bright as the others in the end?

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #82 on: August 24, 2017, 11:35:40 PM »

It's still slightly dimmer than others. TRI Cree helps quite a bit, though.

Birdmanjeff
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 12

« Reply #83 on: August 25, 2017, 04:22:22 AM »

I am sorry I have no posted yet but my 4th price win was a ver nice Aeon LE V2 in CG. 
Entry was a pair of Dark Sentinels with lite sound in VA and a mystery box with a Dark apprentice (w/AV switch) in CG. 
Free Initiate was an Initiate LE V2 in GB.  All are amazing but have not had a chance to get photos due to work and time issues.  I love them all, though I would not have bought most of them on my own, I will just chalk it up to what the Force willed I was supposed to have. 
I will post photos when I get a chance.  Congrats too all of you there are some beautiful sabers the winners have received. 

Birdmanjeff

RevanReborn
Technomancer of the Graflex Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1086

« Reply #84 on: September 03, 2017, 09:50:10 PM »

some really nice sabers here guys!  Ultrasabers outdid themselves again with this raffle.  I still can't thank them enough, i absolutely LOVE my sabers!!  The archon and EH (entry sabers) are gonna dazzle their new owners who don't know they're coming (wedding gift)- and my guardian and EH are just wicked, i love them to death!!  the initiate is such a cool little stunt too, it's awesome.  i couldn't be happier! 

I'll be posting more on them all soon.  Thanks to everyone for the kind words Smiley.  haha, Logos, i was taking those pics and i couldn't believe how gleaming and sparkly they were!  I was like, o great people are gonna think i edited these pics lol. 

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2017, 10:08:43 PM »

some really nice sabers here guys!  Ultrasabers outdid themselves again with this raffle.  I still can't thank them enough, i absolutely LOVE my sabers!!  The archon and EH (entry sabers) are gonna dazzle their new owners who don't know they're coming (wedding gift)- and my guardian and EH are just wicked, i love them to death!!  the initiate is such a cool little stunt too, it's awesome.  i couldn't be happier! 

I'll be posting more on them all soon.  Thanks to everyone for the kind words Smiley.  haha, Logos, i was taking those pics and i couldn't believe how gleaming and sparkly they were!  I was like, o great people are gonna think i edited these pics lol. 

I think with your willingness to give you were more than deserving to win in the raffle in my opinion. 👍

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Rathayatra
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 98

"Mud hole? Slimy? My home this is"

« Reply #86 on: September 08, 2017, 01:25:36 AM »

wonderful package.   congrats.
Entry sabers: Electrum Wind with Premium Sound in Violet Amethyst, and Consular in Consular Green with Obsidian Light sound. Won second prize! Waiting for it to get here. Also, got the free Initiate for 550+.

lightside points please --- thanks an old youngling
Initiate LE v4 CG             
Prophesy v3 OPS GB 
Graflex GB OPS
Yoda FX
Dk. Prophesy v3 SY
Standard Issue Battle v3 GB
Dk. Prophesy v3 VA
Archon v2.1 GB
Dk. Prophesy v3 CG
Dk. Menace tri GB
Consular v4 GB Nickel
Shock GB OPS + Raffle Prophesy CG Stunt
Archon v3.1 + spring raffle Dominix LE v4

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #87 on: September 08, 2017, 04:44:07 AM »

I think with your willingness to give you were more than deserving to win in the raffle in my opinion. 👍
This^^

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Birdmanjeff
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 12

« Reply #88 on: November 12, 2017, 03:11:51 PM »

I am sorry I have no posted yet but my 4th price win was a ver nice Aeon LE V2 in CG. 
Entry was a pair of Dark Sentinels with lite sound in VA and a mystery box with a Dark apprentice (w/AV switch) in CG. 
Free Initiate was an Initiate LE V2 in GB.  All are amazing but have not had a chance to get photos due to work and time issues.  I love them all, though I would not have bought most of them on my own, I will just chalk it up to what the Force willed I was supposed to have. 
I will post photos when I get a chance.  Congrats too all of you there are some beautiful sabers the winners have received. 

Birdmanjeff

Finally got time and Imgur account setup.  These are my Aeon and Initiate from the Spring Raffle. 

Photo Quality is not great but I'll get better when my schedule lets up around Christmas. 
BirdmanJeff

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #89 on: November 27, 2017, 08:10:36 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: