Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Saber staffs and Spears at conventions  (Read 1567 times)
Morgoth136
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -44

« on: August 17, 2017, 06:29:04 AM »

Hey everyone I'm wondering who here has taken a saber staff or spear to a convention and if they found it to be very troublesome in transport or just walking around in general. I'm leaning towards taking a spear and just using it like a walking stick and I will have something to sling it over one shoulder if I need to

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. "

check out my lightsaber dueling group, the scions of the balance
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvTovNQK2fuAfSE6J46K0rg

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 06:33:07 AM »

Not really, my wife's got a staff she carries around and it's never really an issue.  She mostly carries it on her shoulder like Rey.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 02:38:55 PM »

Nope.

I found the trick to be carrying it vertically and keeping it close to your side. However, I speced this staff to accommodate my height (6'1"). I use 32" blades, and I carry it just below the coupler, so my blade doesn't hit the floor

I actually have a harder time just not running into people because my mask and hood wreck my peripheral vision, and with so much to see + ADHD I cannot sense them through the Force. Wink

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 03:18:02 PM »

That Sentinel staff looks badass.  I wish I had the funds to snag one of those.  Also, am I crazy or does that Vader have incredibly small hands?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 04:57:21 PM »

That Sentinel staff looks badass.  I wish I had the funds to snag one of those.  Also, am I crazy or does that Vader have incredibly small hands?
His hands don't look that much smaller than mine

Also, Project:BOOYA! might be copied, but will not be recreated by its makers. Too much of a pain. Tongue Although if you don't mind sanding/buffing, you might be able to doctor a Dark Sentinel to get the same result. Drahc recommended the SE and painting to save cost.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

digitalsithlord
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -165

Give into your Anger...Give me "Darkside" points..

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 08:39:32 PM »

Nope.

I found the trick to be carrying it vertically and keeping it close to your side. However, I speced this staff to accommodate my height (6'1"). I use 32" blades, and I carry it just below the coupler, so my blade doesn't hit the floor

I actually have a harder time just not running into people because my mask and hood wreck my peripheral vision, and with so much to see + ADHD I cannot sense them through the Force. Wink

That's one bad ass Vader Cosplay!  Down to the details....Impressive...Most Impressive!

Lightsaber Arsenal:
Red Liberator - GB
Prophecy v2 - AS
Bellicose - BR
Archon V2.1 - CG
Crimson Reaper - BR
Dark Monarch -BR
Aeon v3 - SY
Malice - BR
Aeon v2 - AS
Dominix v2- VA
Dark War Glaive - DVA

Morgoth136
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -44

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2017, 03:55:33 AM »

That is an excellent costume logos. I have some short blades I can use for a staff but I'm still trying to decide. If I do the spear I can just walk with it really easily but we'll see. I do like wearing a single saber on my back because it forces people to give me a little bit of a white birth

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. "

check out my lightsaber dueling group, the scions of the balance
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvTovNQK2fuAfSE6J46K0rg

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2017, 10:43:55 PM »

I carried this at Comicpalooza.  Although most of the time I carried as two sabers on my belt and then would couple together during photo ops and the saber walk/parade.  I used 24" blades so that they would not drag on the ground when hanging on my belt.

I agree with DL, masks obscuring vision and robes causing a tripping hazard were more of a troublesome issue than the sabers.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2017, 01:35:43 PM »

That is an excellent costume logos.

Thanks.

I carried this at Comicpalooza.  Although most of the time I carried as two sabers on my belt and then would couple together during photo ops and the saber walk/parade.  I used 24" blades so that they would not drag on the ground when hanging on my belt.

I agree with DL, masks obscuring vision and robes causing a tripping hazard were more of a troublesome issue than the sabers.

Funny. I did just the opposite. I carried the staff, then split it for photo ops.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: