Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Archon V2,1.Obi-wan Saber?  (Read 3853 times)
Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« on: August 17, 2017, 10:37:06 PM »

So CAN the Archon V2.1 saber also work as an Obi-wan like saber? Thinking of doing that, think that might be cool. Did his also have the portrusion piece coming out of the top of the emitter since it was shared with Luke's lightsaber as well? Just heard about the new Obi-wan Kenobi movie so Tongue I don't wanna take my FX to the movie or anything so figured why not go for an Archon. I know it'd be more simpler to just get a Guardian Blue led installed with QD's but meh. I don't mind having a 2nd saber Tongue Plus I don't really know that much about QD's or installing them either so

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

WeaponsCam
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -4

Darkside Points please!

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 01:22:42 AM »

In my opinion the arbiter is closest to Obi-wan's EPIII/EPIV saber with the Emitter matching closer then the Archon v2.1 or Archon V3.1. However the arbiter is a very long hilt at 14" compared to the Archon V2.1 and the V3.1 both approx 12".

If you went with the Arbiter you would probably want to paint sections of the saber to better match the films as well. I have a Archon v3.1 and it's not as bright as other sabers because the LED has a small tube to shine through thanks to the emitter that extends into the blade and loses a lot of brightness so I would recommend a Tri-Cree LED if you went down that path. It also doesn't feel as sturdy due to the small blade holder depth with it being a thin neck saber.

All 3 would be fine choices for an Obi-wan saber, I would pick which ever you prefer the look of!

The Graflex SE - AB Obsidian V4
The Chosen One SE - BR Obsidian V4
Archon V3.1 - CG Obsidian V4
Electrum Wind - DVA (Emerald)
The Monarch (Nickel) - GB Obsidian Lite
Flamberge - BR Stunt
Prophecy V3 - Tri BR Stunt
Aeon LE V2 - AB Stunt

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 01:25:06 AM »

WeaponsCam made some good points.
I would also recommend going with Arctic Blue instead of Guardian Blue for the blade. It looks closer to what we see on screen, at least to my eyes

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 02:52:38 AM »

Maybe what if swapping out emitter tops for the look? Just a thought on that. Get the black emitter but then weather it some. Or would the emitter not screw into the neck piece itself on the Archon? I'll have to look at it again. I think the neck piece on the Archon has its threads on the outer section if I remember right so an adapter would be needed for the look to work out x.x

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 05:31:55 AM »

You can buy the V3.1 saber and add the V2.1 emitter to it. The 3.1 you would screw off at the bottom of the neck.

Once you put the 2.1 emitter on there you don't have to worry about the brightness because it is not a skinny neck like the 3.1.

I bought the V3.1, and later bought the 2.1 emitter. The main reason I did it that way is because they don't have the 3.1 emitter for sell by itself right now.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2017, 05:34:09 AM »

WeaponsCam made some good points.
I would also recommend going with Arctic Blue instead of Guardian Blue for the blade. It looks closer to what we see on screen, at least to my eyes

Would a TRI GB be brighter than the AB? (Edit: I just noticed the AB also comes in a TRI) And just off hand do you know if the Archon is a Modular LED system or regular?

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2017, 07:37:58 AM »

You said yourself that it does...

You should get the Archon V2.1 Obi-wan/Luke shared saber

Are you honestly just trolling at this point with some of these threads?

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2017, 10:49:56 AM »

You said yourself that it does...

Are you honestly just trolling at this point with some of these threads?
Some people just feel better when they get a pat on the back to make sure they are on the right path. I doubt he means anything bad by it. (at least I hope).

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2017, 04:13:44 PM »

Nope. Was just only wondering so. He's basically right. I don't wanna start anything then get me banned so x.x Life's just hectic right now and that's why I'm not regularly active at the moment

eabacon025
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2017, 05:36:58 PM »

I have an Archon V3.1 and have a Dark Arbiter emitter ordered to make an Obi Wan inspired saber. Will let you know how it looks as soon as I get it.

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

eabacon025
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2017, 11:18:07 PM »

Got the Dark Arbiter emitter today for my Archon V3.1. Here is a pic. Kind of resembles Obi Wan's.

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

Sean107
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -27

Peace Is A Lie!

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2017, 11:26:11 PM »

Wow! Couldn't believe, just changing the emitter makes the hilt that much cooler. Going to have to buy a few of those.

Blades:
Dark Initiate LE V4 - AS
Sentinel V4 - AS
Dark Shock - TRI BR/GB/CG
Overlord - TRI BR/GB/CG

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: