Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Batteries  (Read 963 times)
Phenix6
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« on: August 18, 2017, 02:09:01 AM »

So my xtar batteries died and I dont have a charger. Is that battery more powerful then the standard brands? Durechell and Energizer AA will give the saber soft sound and the blade wont light up. I have a emerald driver. Do i have to use the xtar batteries only? Or is there a battery that I can buy that will turn my blade on and give it its nice loud sound back?
Help? 

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 02:21:09 AM »

The xtar* batteries are a Li-Ion battery and are more powerful than regular AA. You should really stick with what US supplies

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 02:26:41 AM »

So my xtar batteries died and I dont have a charger. Is that battery more powerful then the standard brands? Durechell and Energizer AA will give the saber soft sound and the blade wont light up. I have a emerald driver. Do i have to use the xtar batteries only? Or is there a battery that I can buy that will turn my blade on and give it its nice loud sound back?
Help?  

Hi.  I know that you are new at this but... were there not instructions that came with this saber about batteries and charger ?  Just wondering as I am thinking that you got a mystery box saber.  There is a lot of information about batteries on this site if you use the Search Function and also on the US ordering site.  We encourage all members to make use of this wealth of knowledge and information.

In a nut shell... if the saber has the protected 14500 3.7v Li-Ion batteries then those are the ONLY battery type that can be used safely in your saber and not void the warranty. US presently uses the Xtar brand batteries and chargers.  Trustfire was the previous make so either can be used as long as they are a matching brand set.

My suggestion is that you order an extra pair of batteries and either the basic or even better the v2 Xtar battery charger from the US ordering site.  Then you will know for sure that the voltage is correct.  Some companies like to copy these batteries and they can often be found for sale on ebay or amazon.  But the voltage is not always correct.

Hope this direct link helps and all I did was enter the word " batteries ".  Smiley

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=1581.0

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 02:30:52 AM »

US presently uses the Xtar brand batteries and chargers.  Trustfire was the previous make so either can be used as long as they are a matching brand set.

Thanks D7 for pointing out my stupid mistake on battery brand. I was just reading a necrothread on batteries and dur it mentioned the Trustfire.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 02:46:22 AM »

Thanks D7 for pointing out my stupid mistake on battery brand. I was just reading a necrothread on batteries and dur it mentioned the Trustfire.

No problems as you are always wanting to help out others.  Actually I wish that US went back to using the Trustfire batteries and continue to use the xtar chargers.  For that small amount more... the v2 charger is a lot more value than the basic because it lets one know what the voltage is for each battery and when it is fully charged.  Also has that trickle charge protection feature that will not allow a battery to become overcharged and can often wake up old discharged batteries and bring them back to recharging life.  Smiley

There's not a whole lot of difference in use time between the 2 companies but every bit helps.  Smiley

Trustfire  = 900 mAh      

Xtar  = 800 mAh

Phenix6
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2017, 02:53:04 PM »

Yes I am new....Thanks guys for the info. I ordered 2 extra batteries and the charger from the site.

Thank you

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: