Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Reapers with Dayblades  (Read 1394 times)
Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« on: August 18, 2017, 05:24:06 AM »

My reapers with dayblades:

Blue dayblade with diffusion film installed by me, I've had this one for awhile but don't think I posted any pics of it installed on my saber.

Tri-Cree Guardian Blue on the Azure Reaper

Teal dayblade came in yesterday and it was much more transparent than expected.  However with the diffusion film added it looked more opaque.

Tri-Cree Arctic Blue on the Dark Reaper

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 05:41:03 AM »

Looking good, I have been thinking about adding some day blades.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

crisnomnom
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -4

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 10:11:22 AM »

What are day blades? (still new here)

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 10:47:37 AM »

What are day blades? (still new here)
If you notice in the pictures that the blades are colored with the LED off, they are not white or clear. They are called day blades because you can see them in the day light, or any light. I don't own any so I can't say for sure how well you can tell they are lit up in the day light, but they are a color.

crisnomnom
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -4

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 11:14:33 AM »

If you notice in the pictures that the blades are colored with the LED off, they are not white or clear. They are called day blades because you can see them in the day light, or any light. I don't own any so I can't say for sure how well you can tell they are lit up in the day light, but they are a color.

Thank you for the reply and info

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Light side points please

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2017, 08:15:40 PM »

By the way, the pictures with the blades lit are with all the lights on as well, not quite as indicative of what they look like during full daylight but still as you can see, very bright.  I'll try to get a pic of them in daylight outside here in Houston and hopefully post over the weekend.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2017, 08:45:42 PM »

Nice. What all tools did you use to do a perfect diffusion? I still like to make my own blades too when I can and thinking of making a couple more new blades myself for another project so

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Light side points please

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2017, 09:10:28 PM »

Just a roll of clear cellophane wrapping paper and very sharp scissors.  It is important to cut slowly otherwise the cellophane will rip which will be noticeable when lit up.  A clean surface is required to do the work so that dust or hairs don't get wrapped up in the cellophane when you roll it up.  About 4ft-5ft rolled up is good enough.  I've seen people use a dowel rod to roll it up but I just use the blade and then tighten it up with my pinky until the roll is a small enough diameter to fit inside the dayblade.  I put it in and cut off any excess.  Since I don't glue it in place I let it overhang about a 1/4" outside the blade so cellophane is always up to the tip.  I prefer not to glue because then any kinks you get from dueling can easily be removed by pulling on the cellophane a little.   I save about 50% or more by buying dayblades without diffusion film and doing them myself with this process.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: