Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: How does a mystery box cost more than building the same saber?  (Read 1561 times)
JohnnyNG
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: August 19, 2017, 04:23:48 PM »

Got the sabers today, kids love them!

Once things settled down i came to the site to price out what kind of value i got... i was expecting a couple bucks, but heres what im seeing.

mystery box was $91 with the options i chose.  Building the exact same thing from the single blade sabers store gives me a total of $86.99 per saber.

To try to make myself understand how this works, i went back in and compared a mystery box to the hilt and blade length i received (hilt plus $11 for blade length and wrench) and the mystery box is $4.01 more as well.

How is this possible? Is this how the promotion is supposed to work? I didn't even get an LED color upgrade lol Smiley

Like i said, the kids really like them, but no way can i be a returning customer if the value isnt at least what i payed for.

If someone from ultrasabers can go over my order and explain if i got exactly what i payed for please contact me or reply here!

Thanks you

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 05:47:43 PM »

Mystery boxes are 75$. How did you get 91$ ? A heavy grade blade? A stand? A blade plug? A pointed blade tip? Shipping?

If you post the details of what you received, maybe someone could find where the 86.99 came up short.

Don't forget the value of an AV switch.

Many people just look at the base value of the hilt alone, rather than the full stunt saber with a 36inch blade and AV switch.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 06:24:23 PM »

Yeah, the only way to pay $91 would be with some extras.  I'm guessing a heavy grade blade and a blade plug, since that brings it up to $91 exactly.  Be sure to add those exact same extras into the cost of your saber build, then see how much it costs.

Also, the sabers in the boxes are guaranteed to cost more than $75.  Since you said they cost $86.99, US fulfilled their part of the bargain.

JohnnyNG
Force Sensitive

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2017, 11:30:47 PM »

OPTION SUMMARY: (Ordered: $91)
Mystery Box Type $75 Random Mystery Box
Blade Length 36" Standard Size
Blade Option Heavy Grade [Add $10.00]
Choose Blade Tip Type Round Tip
Blade Retention Screw Wrench Sure!
Include Blade Plug Yes, Include Standard Plug [Add $6.00]
Include Saber Stand No Thanks

VS

OPTION SUMMARY: (Same build, non mystery box: $86.99)
Hilt Dark Apprentice V4 [$59.99]
Choose the color of your blade! Adegan Silver
Battery Configuration Standard Setup
Recharge Port No Recharge Port
Blade Option Heavy Grade [Add $10.00]
Blade Size X-Long 36" Blade [Add $10.00]
Windows No Windows in Emitter
Pommel Regular Solid Pommel (No Sound) [Recommended]
Switch Type Guarded Switch
Blade Tip Type Round Tip
Blade Retention Screw Wrench Sure! [Add $1.00]
Include Blade Plug Yes, Include Standard Plug [Add $6.00]
Include Saber Stand No Thanks
Include Covertec Clip No Thanks
Install Covertec Wheel No Thanks

Apples to apples comparison.

The paper it came in says D. Apprentice AV S if that helps too.

The second blade we got, the Dominix came out to .99 value, which is more than cool with me!

Mystery boxes are 75$. How did you get 91$ ? A heavy grade blade? A stand? A blade plug? A pointed blade tip? Shipping?

If you post the details of what you received, maybe someone could find where the 86.99 came up short.

Don't forget the value of an AV switch.

Many people just look at the base value of the hilt alone, rather than the full stunt saber with a 36inch blade and AV switch.

I added paid for extras/upgrades
As far as the AV switch, why would that not be included in the cost of the mystery box? It does not say anywhere but i would assume a mystery box guarantees a barebones saber worth $75 or more. If this is where the missing value is coming from that can only be described as dirty business.

Also, the sabers in the boxes are guaranteed to cost more than $75.  Since you said they cost $86.99, US fulfilled their part of the bargain.

only i didnt pay $75 for a $86.99 saber, i payed $91.

WeaponsCam
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -4

Darkside Points please!

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2017, 11:46:15 PM »

If your saber came with an AV switch as this above suggests then that's an extra $15 which means your saber is worth $101.99 not $86.99 and you payed $91.

The Graflex SE - AB Obsidian V4
The Chosen One SE - BR Obsidian V4
Archon V3.1 - CG Obsidian V4
Electrum Wind - DVA (Emerald)
The Monarch (Nickel) - GB Obsidian Lite
Flamberge - BR Stunt
Prophecy V3 - Tri BR Stunt
Aeon LE V2 - AB Stunt

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2017, 11:51:21 PM »

I added paid for extras/upgrades
As far as the AV switch, why would that not be included in the cost of the mystery box? It does not say anywhere but i would assume a mystery box guarantees a barebones saber worth $75 or more. If this is where the missing value is coming from that can only be described as dirty business.

only i didnt pay $75 for a $86.99 saber, i payed $91.

It DOES say, in the product video. The Mystery Box is a saber that retails at more than the price of the box. A saber. NOT a hilt. Too many people think it will be a base hilt from the over $75 range.

As for the AV switch, it's not included becauae a guarded switch is standard and an AV switch is an upgrade cost.

If your saber came with an AV switch as this above suggests then that's an extra $15 which means your saber is worth $101.99 not $86.99 and you payed $91.

Bingo.

Would be interesting to see if your math is correct about that Dominix now.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2017, 12:38:26 AM »

Bottom line if you think you have an issue you should try solving it with US before trying to vent with it on the forums. This is in the rules.

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2017, 01:09:23 AM »

Switch Type Guarded Switch

The AV switch is an upgrade. It's even in examples mentioned in the video as well. You assumed a barebones worth more than 75$. You assumed.

I assumed 'mystery' meant absolutely anything.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

JohnnyNG
Force Sensitive

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2017, 01:28:25 AM »

Bottom line if you think you have an issue you should try solving it with US before trying to vent with it on the forums. This is in the rules.

I'm not venting. In fact my pulse rate didn't go up one bit. i just needed someone to guide me through so i knew what i was talking about before contacting anyone official.

As for the AV button, I see what you're talking about now. Not sure why i wasn't picking up on the guarded vs AV but thanks for pointing it out, i know what i'm looking at now.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2017, 05:25:11 AM »

I'm not venting. In fact my pulse rate didn't go up one bit. i just needed someone to guide me through so i knew what i was talking about before contacting anyone official.

As for the AV button, I see what you're talking about now. Not sure why i wasn't picking up on the guarded vs AV but thanks for pointing it out, i know what i'm looking at now.
No problem, I didn't mean anything bad by using the word venting. Basically was just trying to give a heads up. Trust me you can also email US with any question, they are very helpful.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: