Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Question about Hilts  (Read 1291 times)
Acid Snake
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: August 20, 2017, 02:51:00 AM »

Hi, I'm looking forward to buy a new saber, but I have some questions.

-Is the Guardian hilt comfortable for dueling? How much does it weight? Also I have the same questions about the prophecy v3. Plz answer

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 03:22:51 AM »

The Guardian is extremely comfortable but weight will depend on what options you pick.

I would happily duel with my Guardian as either a one or two handed saber and not find it awkward or uncomfortable in any way.

Many people here will say the Prophecy is comfortable too, but I'm the odd one out and don't like the feel of that hilt at all. Too small and light and with the covertec still attached, I find it beyond uncomfortable.

Acid Snake
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 04:37:05 AM »

The Guardian is extremely comfortable but weight will depend on what options you pick.

I would happily duel with my Guardian as either a one or two handed saber and not find it awkward or uncomfortable in any way.

Many people here will say the Prophecy is comfortable too, but I'm the odd one out and don't like the feel of that hilt at all. Too small and light and with the covertec still attached, I find it beyond uncomfortable.

Thanks for answering, I have another question, Is it hard to spin this light saber? I mean like in Ep.3 when Obi Wan and Anakin are at mustafar. Also I think I'm buying the stunt version

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 05:29:12 AM »

Thanks for answering, I have another question, Is it hard to spin this light saber? I mean like in Ep.3 when Obi Wan and Anakin are at mustafar. Also I think I'm buying the stunt version

Stunt version will be lighter. You can spin ANY US hilt. You just need to practice and be prepared to drop it a few times in the process. Even some of our members with tiny hands have no trouble spinning hilts like the Fulcrum and the Scorpion.

My advice is get the hilt you want and learn how to handle that hilt.

JdiKnhtJMH
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 262

Jedi Weapons Master

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2017, 06:36:08 AM »

There are some US hilts that are a bit too big, the Guardian is certainly one of the larger ones, but its slim and theres not a lot of obtrusive buttons and boxes on it so its comfy to wield. I definitely recommend it for dueling. If youre used to a lighter saber though go with the prophecy as the guardian does have a bit of weight. Like Isola said though, definitely remove the covertec on the prophecy as its situated awkwardly

Arsenal with Obsidian Sound And Silver Flash on Clash:

Kylo Ren Flamberge, Dark War Glaive, Reaper w/ Dornian pommel, Bane, Menace, Vader Prophecy, Darth Sidious Initiate V4
Dorinian, Obi Wan ROTS Archon, Regal Mantis, Spectre, Anakin AOTC Prophecy
Consular, Dark Shock, Yoda Initiate, Luke ROTJ Archon, Kit Fisto Menace
RGB: Bellicose Staff, Raven, Manticore Staff, Emerald Catalyst
Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand

digitalsithlord
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -165

Give into your Anger...Give me "Darkside" points..

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2017, 07:56:08 AM »

You could choose some other options as well..don't forget the Apprentice and Sentinel v4's that have excellent choke point areas, plus the price point is good for just starting out.  OR you could try the overlord...pretty straight forward, no flashie greeblies, so this too could be an excellent choice.  With the overlord you would get the choice to swap parts out since this is an MHS saber...well the emitter and pommel..and again the cost is still good Smiley  just some thoughts

Lightsaber Arsenal:
Red Liberator - GB
Prophecy v2 - AS
Bellicose - BR
Archon V2.1 - CG
Crimson Reaper - BR
Dark Monarch -BR
Aeon v3 - SY
Malice - BR
Aeon v2 - AS
Dominix v2- VA
Dark War Glaive - DVA