Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: UltraSabers Reaper Mystery Box Review  (Read 2474 times)
snakedeshazer
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -1

« on: August 21, 2017, 04:56:21 AM »

I recently got a Mystery box for an UltraSabers Reaper. I was pleasantly surprised to have got a Reaper. Its not something I would have picked for myself, but I have fallen in love with it. Its a very sinister looking, a very much a Sith type  of saber. Its definitely one I want to send in to get sound added.

Pros: The design. The Color it came in. easy to grip, and spin
Cons: Rattling in the hilt. 2 blade retention screws need to be perfectly in or else the blade falls out. no closed off Bessel.

Here is my video Review.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wra-MyUmcMc" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wra-MyUmcMc</a>
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 12:16:18 AM by Admiral Snackbar » Logged

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 05:19:09 AM »

Great mystery box pull!  Is it just one red led or is it three red leds?  Just wondering if they gave you tri-cree since it seemed very bright on camera.

The two screws you are referring to are not for blade retention, they are to hold the claw shroud in place and be able to rotate the claw to the desired position to line it up however you want.  The blade retention screw is actually under the silver emitter holder.  So you have to unscrew the emitter completely in order to access the actual blade retention screw and it is just one screw not two.  I believe what you are doing now is screwing the two screws for the claw shroud so tight that they squeeze the blade in place, which is not the intended design for them and likely why your blade flies out.

Also a couple suggestions to stop rattling. First on a reaper with no sound the rattling is coming from both the battery pack and the led.  Once you get sound on your reaper, the rattling of the battery pack goes away because the added speaker makes everything nice and snug.  Without sound, I recommend getting a non-vented pommel and putting a little bit of tissue or cotton below the battery pack to stop that rattling.  For the led rattling, when installing the blade, carefully make sure it goes down far enough to hold the led in place.  This is a little tricky because of the silver emitter holder.  It is often best to put everthing together without the retention screw and mark where the blade first contacts the led.  Then afterwards tighten the retention screw with the blade in to where you marked.  This is kind of a pain but once you got it marked, you will know how far the blade needs to go to keep the led snug to stop rattling but not too tight to push on it needlessly.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 05:53:21 AM »

Great mystery box pull!  Is it just one red led or is it three red leds?  Just wondering if they gave you tri-cree since it seemed very bright on camera.

The two screws you are referring to are not for blade retention, they are to hold the claw shroud in place and be able to rotate the claw to the desired position to line it up however you want.  The blade retention screw is actually under the silver emitter holder.  So you have to unscrew the emitter completely in order to access the actual blade retention screw and it is just one screw not two.  I believe what you are doing now is screwing the two screws for the claw shroud so tight that they squeeze the blade in place, which is not the intended design for them and likely why your blade flies out.

Also a couple suggestions to stop rattling. First on a reaper with no sound the rattling is coming from both the battery pack and the led.  Once you get sound on your reaper, the rattling of the battery pack goes away because the added speaker makes everything nice and snug.  Without sound, I recommend getting a non-vented pommel and putting a little bit of tissue or cotton below the battery pack to stop that rattling.  For the led rattling, when installing the blade, carefully make sure it goes down far enough to hold the led in place.  This is a little tricky because of the silver emitter holder.  It is often best to put everthing together without the retention screw and mark where the blade first contacts the led.  Then afterwards tighten the retention screw with the blade in to where you marked.  This is kind of a pain but once you got it marked, you will know how far the blade needs to go to keep the led snug to stop rattling but not too tight to push on it needlessly.
A lot of good information here but you are wrong about the two screws he is taking about. He is talking about the two screws below the claw and on each side of it. True they do not hold the blade, but they are also not for the claw. I think you are referring to an older style. I'm adding a picture of what he is talking about.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 06:06:15 AM »

Nice mystery box saber! Like Bluewolf said the two screws you are talking about are not blade retention screws. You have to take the emitter completely off to get to the single retention screw. Once you do that you are golden.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 06:50:41 AM »

What I meant is that those two screws allow the claw shroud (slanted emitter collar with claw) to rotate and with a little wiggling you can pull that slanted collar off  complete with claw and all.  It is hard but I have done it.  You are right they are not specifically meant for taking off the claw as that has two screws of its own holding in place to just remove the claw only. But the two screws he is referring to in the video and you are pointing to in the picture do hold the claw shroud (slanted emitter collar with claw) in place to prevent rotation of the claw around the axis of the blade.  Lots of pieces to the reaper so it is hard to describe in words especially since the emitter has so many parts.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2017, 10:32:45 AM »

The Azure Reaper is stunning, you won a great prize! Congratulations!

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2017, 07:11:02 PM »

What I meant is that those two screws allow the claw shroud (slanted emitter collar with claw) to rotate and with a little wiggling you can pull that slanted collar off  complete with claw and all.  It is hard but I have done it.  You are right they are not specifically meant for taking off the claw as that has two screws of its own holding in place to just remove the claw only. But the two screws he is referring to in the video and you are pointing to in the picture do hold the claw shroud (slanted emitter collar with claw) in place to prevent rotation of the claw around the axis of the blade.  Lots of pieces to the reaper so it is hard to describe in words especially since the emitter has so many parts.
My bad, I thought you meant the claw. But see I just learned something else. Smiley thanks.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

snakedeshazer
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2017, 01:38:28 AM »

Thanks guys I am really new here, so thanks for the heads up on the retention screws!

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2017, 02:00:08 AM »

Found the music occasionally blasting in to be a bit distracting
Very nice review, though

And it's definitely a major find for a mystery box

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: