Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Aeon LE vs Aeon v3  (Read 3007 times)
DarkFireSoldier
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: August 22, 2017, 05:54:02 AM »

I just bought an Aeon LE Ultra Saber and so far love it.  I was looking at sound cards (I can't afford one now, but would like to get one in the future) and noticed that the LE doesn't seem to offer any sound card options, while the v3 does.  Why is that?  The hilts look to be roughly the same size and shape, and cost the same, is there for some reason no room in the LE for a sound card?  Or does it just not come standard with one and I can still install one later on?

Thank you in advance for your help!

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 11:04:27 AM »

There is an Aeon LE V3 and Aeon LE V4. You can get both with lite and premium sound. I just checked the website.

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 11:41:13 AM »

TX is correct regarding the V3 and V4 hilts but if you have an Aeon LE V2 - you CANNOT get sound from Ultra Sabers. None of the V2 hilts are big enough to fit the Obsidian sound boards in to.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2767

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 02:02:35 PM »

I just bought an Aeon LE Ultra Saber and so far love it.  I was looking at sound cards (I can't afford one now, but would like to get one in the future) and noticed that the LE doesn't seem to offer any sound card options, while the v3 does.  Why is that?  The hilts look to be roughly the same size and shape, and cost the same, is there for some reason no room in the LE for a sound card?  Or does it just not come standard with one and I can still install one later on?

Thank you in advance for your help!
Do you have a picture of what you have? This will help us iron out your issue.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 02:20:02 PM »

There are a few different versions of the Aeon still circulating.  Like Logos said, posting a pic might help us identify it and give you an idea of your options for sound.

Actually, with the V2 it's possible that you could fit the Obsidian Lite inside.  Might be worth asking them about in an email.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2017, 03:10:45 PM »

Actually, with the V2 it's possible that you could fit the Obsidian Lite inside.  Might be worth asking them about in an email.

That would be an interesting cram.  The battery pack takes up almost the entire inner diameter, so they can't attach it to the top like they do.  But, it could go in forward of the pack.  You'd need a way to secure it, but it's doable.

Or is that how Lite is done anyway?  I don't know, I don't have Lite sound.  Wink

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2017, 03:20:10 PM »

That would be an interesting cram.  The battery pack takes up almost the entire inner diameter, so they can't attach it to the top like they do.  But, it could go in forward of the pack.  You'd need a way to secure it, but it's doable.

Or is that how Lite is done anyway?  I don't know, I don't have Lite sound.  Wink

I've been wondering if the Lite board would work with an alternate battery solution, like a single 3.7V Li-ion cell (18650 or the like).  If so, that would be a good option for the V2 hilts, I'd imagine.

DarkFireSoldier
Force Sensitive

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2017, 03:56:32 PM »

I have the LE v2.  I didn't see the v2 at first when I made this topic, my apologies.  I'm new to Saber Forum and sadly have no idea how to post a picture, but here's a link the the saber I ordered: https://www.ultrasabers.com/Aeon-LE-p/stunt-aeonle.htm

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2767

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2017, 04:10:51 PM »

I have the LE v2.  I didn't see the v2 at first when I made this topic, my apologies.  I'm new to Saber Forum and sadly have no idea how to post a picture, but here's a link the the saber I ordered: https://www.ultrasabers.com/Aeon-LE-p/stunt-aeonle.htm
Yep. That is a V2. They were not designed to accommodate boards. But like Master Nero said, there is a chance you could tweak the power and add a board yourself.

The V-series hilts mark the progression of tech. The V2s were the introduction of aluminum hilts (I think). The V3s gave the ability to add a single board (Obsidian/Emerald/Diamond). Initially Obsidian Emerald could not be added together inside a V3, hence the V4 series. But with the advent of the Diamond controller, the V3s gained the ability to have programmable light and sound despite their limited area to house electronics.

Hope this answers your question.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2017, 04:12:32 PM »

It sits on top (as in stuck on like the normal ones) a 4xAAA/speaker combo. The speakers would be too wide so they'd probably need a 20mm speaker instead. The lite board has its pins at a right angle off the board though instead of straight like on the V3/V4 which could stop it even going in the hilt to begin with once the wiring harness is connected. And no I'm not pulling it apart just to try it  Tongue

I've been wondering if the Lite board would work with an alternate battery solution, like a single 3.7V Li-ion cell (18650 or the like).  If so, that would be a good option for the V2 hilts, I'd imagine.

Series linked batteries give the lite/led setup 6 volts. I'm not sure if there is a resistor before the board or if it runs straight battery power. I have been curious though how low I can go on voltage supply because I have a project I'd like to use lite sound in.

Know it and love it. I have the non LE version and it's my travel saver and all-round beater Smiley

DarkFireSoldier
Force Sensitive

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2017, 04:16:46 PM »

Well, I doubt I have the technical know-how to make that work if the v2 isn't designed to fit a sound card.  That's a bit disappointing, but oh well.  The v2 is still awesome.  Thanks to everyone for y'all's help!

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2017, 02:40:54 PM »

I was wondering about that too.  I was talking with some friends recently about getting a saber with LITE sound, to save on up front costs.  (Plus, I don't need to be able to change fonts on every saber.)  Well, they were trying to talk me out of it due to the batteries.  I was like, "I can just upgrade it to Li-Ion on down the road."  An 18650 is what I had in mind, I usually use those in my saber installs.  (I only did AAA batteries on my first build)

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2017, 03:05:42 PM »

I was wondering about that too.  I was talking with some friends recently about getting a saber with LITE sound, to save on up front costs.  (Plus, I don't need to be able to change fonts on every saber.)  Well, they were trying to talk me out of it due to the batteries.  I was like, "I can just upgrade it to Li-Ion on down the road."  An 18650 is what I had in mind, I usually use those in my saber installs.  (I only did AAA batteries on my first build)

I'm sure it's possible, they probably just use alkaline setup to keep the cost of Lite-equipped sabers low (since it's their economy option).  If anyone sends an email to find out, let us know what you get as a response!

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2017, 03:34:09 PM »

I'm sure it's possible, they probably just use alkaline setup to keep the cost of Lite-equipped sabers low (since it's their economy option).  If anyone sends an email to find out, let us know what you get as a response!

E-mail sent.  I'll let you guys know what I find out.  Cool

This is something I would like an answer to anyway, as I'm looking at a more expensive hilt with Lite sound to save money while the sale is on, as opposed to a lower end hilt with V3/4 sound.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2017, 09:11:07 PM »

I love US customer service.  Marlena already got back to me with not only an answer but a data sheet on the Obsidian Lite.  3.5v to 5.5v is the operational voltage.  A single Li-Ion is 3.7v, so the board would run, but you wouldn't get any light without some kind of power extender.  So, you're back to 4 AAA batteries but I don't think it would work in a V2 with the standard AAA battery holder.  Too bad, it would be a good board for the V2.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: