Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Aeon LE vs Aeon v3  (Read 3010 times)
Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2017, 12:18:30 PM »

I love US customer service.  Marlena already got back to me with not only an answer but a data sheet on the Obsidian Lite.  3.5v to 5.5v is the operational voltage.  A single Li-Ion is 3.7v, so the board would run, but you wouldn't get any light without some kind of power extender.  So, you're back to 4 AAA batteries but I don't think it would work in a V2 with the standard AAA battery holder.  Too bad, it would be a good board for the V2.

Why would you need a power extender, does the board have some kind of built in driver that's designed for 6V alkaline setup?  If you could send me the data sheet, it would be awesome.

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2017, 01:01:32 PM »

I'd love that spec sheet too please as I still think LITE will be my best option for my QGJ

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2017, 01:42:57 PM »

Why would you need a power extender, does the board have some kind of built in driver that's designed for 6V alkaline setup?  If you could send me the data sheet, it would be awesome.

Actually, I've been thinking about that too.  Marlena said in the e-mail that the board and LED won't run on a single cell, but I'm thinking it just might.  I have ran boards with that kind of power requirement before with a single 3.7v.  I still want to get one and mess around with it.  I love to tinker.  Cheesy  If it works, that might be my go-to for getting sound sabers from UltraSabers, to save a bit of money up front.  Too bad they don't sell the LITE board separately in the store, I'm thinking it would sell.

I don't see why the data sheet would be a secret, since she sent it to me freely, so here it is guys:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cvnkxzaz8u13j80/Obsidian%20Lite%20datasheet.pdf?dl=0

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2017, 01:48:58 PM »

Thanks SFD! Gives me something to think about and tinker with Smiley

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: