Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Author Topic: Episode 1 of Relic Wars!!  (Read 32167 times)
Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #75 on: June 27, 2018, 06:03:12 PM »

So much greatness coming. Relic Wars is tying in to Star Wars, Master Medwyn has joined the Relic Wars team, gorgeous filters and VFX! I CAN'T WAIT!!!

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -453

Dark Jedi

« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2018, 03:03:52 AM »

If im not as active as usual, its because im in full edit mode for Episodes 1, 2 and 3. Here are some " hints " for the new season. Shouldn't take long with this community.  Grin Grin Grin

-- Remember....your Focus determines your Reality. --
-- If you gaze long enough into the Abyss, the Abyss will gaze back into you --

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2018, 03:29:02 AM »

If im not as active as usual, its because im in full edit mode for Episodes 1, 2 and 3. Here are some " hints " for the new season. Shouldn't take long with this community.  Grin Grin Grin

I believe I know what it says, and I don't even know Aurabesh (very much). Grin I'm excited.

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Dark Jedi

« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2018, 11:24:30 PM »

Grin

Lord Ravage could probably translate this is a few minutes. Plus, I think one or two words are messed up. But, you'll get the idea when someone translates it. Smiley

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #79 on: June 30, 2018, 03:52:27 AM »

Grin

Lord Ravage could probably translate this is a few minutes. Plus, I think one or two words are messed up. But, you'll get the idea when someone translates it. Smiley

The only one I had trouble translating was the second word in the bottom left corner. Smiley

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Dark Jedi

« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2018, 07:47:18 PM »

Surprised this hasn't been translated yet. In any case, we need the communities help! I have way too much on my plate. Any ideas on an overall basic " Logo "? We have 3 themes and an official ( seriously this time....OFFICIAL ) title for season 2.

Season 1 is referred to as " The Quest for Power "
Season 2 will be called " The Great Destroyer " and the 3 themes we are working with are. " Knights of Zonoma " , " Hand of Vader " and " Order of Saarai ". On a side note, our story takes place 70,000 years A.B.Y.

This first one is the Basic Zonoma one, which I want changed. I know there is a " Zonoma " symbol out there, but it's not for me.  Grin
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACKW0kXlv8M&amp;list=PLro_LgHgh9v72SaAwCVg-25Cu9X_g22iE" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACKW0kXlv8M&amp;list=PLro_LgHgh9v72SaAwCVg-25Cu9X_g22iE</a>

I am also trying to put together a Star Wars style poster for this one. Man...so addicted to editing. When im not training....im doing this stuff...

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 642

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2018, 02:23:04 AM »

You guys rock! This stuff is epic! Everyone should see this!!!

“Someday I will be the most powerful Jedi ever...”

AS

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Dark Jedi

« Reply #82 on: July 17, 2018, 04:44:22 AM »

much appreciated. Im officially back from vacation. ( why I was so active recently... ) and going back into the edit room. I'll be lurking.....

This is For those that couldn't follow our story due to the gap between episode 5 and 6, we provided this Battle Montage. Even the " Redux " version has the same problem. We had two cast members unable to make it so tried to work around it.....didn't work. We won't make the same mistake this time around.  Hope you enjoy.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A4O3s1wECk" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A4O3s1wECk</a>

If you've seen Relic Wars than all you need to know is the date for S2.  Smiley Smiley

Back to the Shadows.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #83 on: August 17, 2018, 11:13:56 AM »

I don't know how I missed these last two posts... Sorry Res...

OK that montage was BADASS!  I absolutely loved season one of Relic Wars; tight action with superb choreography.  One critique (and please take this in the spirit it is intended: constructive criticism  Smiley): some of the captions posted and were gone too fast for me to finish and I'm a fast reader  Cheesy

That said: I can't wait for season two!  And does "Knights of Zonoma" refer to the planet Zonoma Sekot?  And combined with the "Order of Saarai" I'm sensing a "Gray Jedi" vibe (or am I just reading too much into it  Grin)

My congratulations and thanks to everyone who's involved in making Relic Wars, especially you Ryan (or do you prefer "Resolute" or some iteration?)  Smiley

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Dark Jedi

« Reply #84 on: August 17, 2018, 02:27:39 PM »

Ryan, Res, Resolute. All of them work  Grin

Much appreciated.

That was one thing the team agreed on as well. I have a new method im using for the captions. If it works, last years team wants me to go back and do the same thing to season 1. Otherwise, you have to pause it to read it.

Still trying to master the use of this green screen. Getting close.....but still feels so far away.

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Dark Jedi

« Reply #85 on: August 21, 2018, 01:58:50 AM »

After much deliberation. My Team has convinced me to pause Season 2 editing and fix the Storyline for Season 1. They want me to use my new method of storytelling so that things are made much more clear with exactly what Season 1 was all about. Should only set me back a week. Two tops. Still planning on releasing Episode One of Season 2 in November of this year. May not be the 18th like I planned, probably the following week.

It's all been a learning process. We are hoping by the end of Season 2 that this will be one of our " go to " methods for Storytelling when using a " Comic Filter. "

On a side note, the other project we are working on is Live Action. they want to enter it into some of the Fan Film competitions. Not my area of expertise, I do this stuff because it's fun. I joked around with the Team that the Forum has some great writers (much better than me....much , much better. ) and we should ask them to put something simple together that takes place in between Episode VI and VII. They said to do it. Thoughts?

Our current Projects in Order

1) Relic Wars Season 1 - The Quest for Power - Storyboard Fix
2) Relic Wars Season 2 - The Great Destroyer ( November 2018 )
3) Title TBD Star Wars Fan Film Short ( Begins filming in October if our Schedule holds.. I want to replace the script.... )
4) J.o.E. LSC Coordination, Control, Combat and Choreography Tutorials. ( Plan to release the first lessons in January of 2019 ) ( 67 members now!)
5) Into the Badlands Fan Series - Title TBD - ( Begins Filming as soon as the Star Wars Fan Film Wraps up. )

The way I set the club up, is that we have a " President/Grandmaster " that serves a 1 year term. That person comes up with the projects, events, etc for the group. My " term " wraps up in February of 2019 and someone else steps in. The reason I bring it up, is whichever member takes over will probably take us in a different direction for the year and these projects will slow down immensely. The " Council of Jedi " is made up of my founding members and we get the end all, be all say but have no plans on stepping in unless it derails the fun of the group.

That being said, The J.o.E. Tutorials should stay steady.
That's enough chatter for one day.

P.S. - Seriously....any writers out there with something they think we could pull off, help!?

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 642

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #86 on: August 21, 2018, 03:43:32 AM »

So excited! Very much looking forward to the expanded season 1 and season 2!!! Great work, my master...🙏🏼

“Someday I will be the most powerful Jedi ever...”

AS

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #87 on: August 21, 2018, 04:21:13 AM »

I wish I could help you with the Fan Film story, but I'm having a hard enough time with my own. I finally got a decent story, but it was with the help of Karmack, TheDutchman and Lord_S_Gray. I'm still working on developing it into script format. That being said however, if you have any ideas, things you want to include, etc. I can certainly do my best to help you develop them into a story if you want the help. But I'd definitely talk to Karm, TD and LSG. They have quite the collaboration going on right now in the Fan Fiction section.

Looking forward to what you guys have planned.

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Dark Jedi

« Reply #88 on: August 22, 2018, 03:30:33 AM »

Thanks for the advice. We definitely are not short on ideas. With me doing a lot of the leg work and editing, it bogs me down and the Story line suffered in Season 1. Which it shouldn't have. The main problem we run into is Schedule conflicts. I've had better luck this time around, but the Season 2 story has changed direction at least 8 times now. Luckily, I gave myself much more time this go around.

As for the Fan Film. We have a general idea, but haven't even started writing it. No one in the club at the moment wants to do it. So I thought I would reach out to the US community.

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Dark Jedi

« Reply #89 on: August 29, 2018, 12:51:36 PM »

Another deleted Scene. Originally we were going to do a demo for each character. Still might. This one is being taken out because the background in the second scene is not being used and we want " training " scenes to be either Sparring, or practicing Force powers. I didn't add any shadow touch ups or FX, obviously.  Cool Cool

Master Medwyn, the background of the first scene should look familiar..... Smiley

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyQY9LZNVi0&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> No longer available</a>

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: