Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Summer Raffle Entry Shock LE Review (Video and Pictures)  (Read 3547 times)
Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« on: August 23, 2017, 11:32:59 PM »

I recently ordered the Shock LE with DVA, VA FoC, Recharge Port and Obsidian V4 sound to enter the UltraSabers 2017 Summer Raffle, and let me say as I feel with every UltraSaber I've purchased, I feel honored to get to own such a fine masterpiece. This is a very comfortable hilt, with the flanged section on the bottom of the emitter making it a very easy to grip hilt. So glad I ordered this and honestly, winning the raffle would've been a great bonus but I was really just looking forward to receiving this. It sure deserves the LE in its name, and I'm glad I had the chance to get one now:

First my LB serious posture with the new saber - because this saber demands respect:

now the gallery of this masterpiece:

...and a little review video, if you're interested:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqDlMiIa5J0" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqDlMiIa5J0</a>

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 12:02:01 AM »

Really good reviews and photos as usual.  You likely know as I keep on saying it... the Shock line is my favorite US sabers and I own one of each color.  Absolutely the feeling of calm understated elegance when holding and the emitter is beautiful without the need for windows.  The deep VA is a lovely choice and it appears that you have the silver FoC.  You should really like the Shock pommel on your Initiate LE.  When there was only the MHS v3 sabers ( Initiate/Aeon/Dominix) I got Shock pommels for all my Initiates.

point incoming & great to have you back on the Forum  Cool

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 12:09:44 AM »

Yep I've noticed and you've got great taste, D7. You entire collection is elegant with the way you've customized your sabers Smiley  I love the idea of putting the Shock pommels on the Initiates. I've got a Dark Initiate LE as well, so might have to pick up a Dark Shock LE.  Do you own a lot of stunt sabers, or do they mostly have sound? With the free grab bag saber promotions over the past year, I've ended up with quite a few. Obviously without sound the battery life is much, much longer. It's great to have some in my collection that I can wield for a while without disturbing others in the household.

Thanks for the point, please take one from me, too, and tis good to be back indeed.  Roll Eyes

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 12:50:15 AM »

The Shock is a great saber. It is the second UltraSaber I ever wielded, and it is very nice.

You should really like the Shock pommel on your Initiate LE.  When there was only the MHS v3 sabers ( Initiate/Aeon/Dominix) I got Shock pommels for all my Initiates.

Haha, I hadn't read this yet but I gave LB the same suggestion in a different thread. It really does look amazing.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2017, 02:53:51 AM »

Recently picked up its darker cousin. Excellent hilt choice there, Lord Bladewraith

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2017, 03:32:53 AM »

Thanks! It's such an impressive hilt, more so than I previously thought.  Makes me wanna pick up the Dark Shock, too.  D7 said it best, "feeling of calm understated elegance when holding and the emitter is beautiful without the need for windows."

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2017, 07:00:07 AM »

Well done my friend, nice to hear your in depth thoughts on your Shock LE.  I quite like how you configured it too, switch, blade color and all.  I'd really like to try a VA blade with a red AV - think that'd be striking too.  Congrats on such a fine weapon.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2017, 10:57:46 AM »

Very nice indeed and love the way you have all your (or art last some) sabers displayed. That's something I need to figure out for mine. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2017, 01:56:11 PM »

Awesome saber, LB, congrats on the purchase.  Great choice for blade color too.  Smiley

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2017, 05:54:58 PM »

Well done my friend, nice to hear your in depth thoughts on your Shock LE.  I quite like how you configured it too, switch, blade color and all.  I'd really like to try a VA blade with a red AV - think that'd be striking too.  Congrats on such a fine weapon.
Hey thanks, haz. Deep thoughts by LB  Grin  I would definitely have to agree with you on the red AV. With the gold on this one combined with the DVA the orange AV looked really good in my head - I'm glad it ended up looking as good IRL as I saw it in my head. Lookin' forward to getting a Dark Shock LE at some point, maybe in HOT PINK and a blue AV switch.

Very nice indeed and love the way you have all your (or art last some) sabers displayed. That's something I need to figure out for mine. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks, dude, for the feedback on my display. I did a few laps in my head with all kinds of options before I ended up with that. At first I wanted to guard them away in a foam padded case, and then I thought on a fancy display stand and ultimately the simple UltraSabers display stand for most and rotate sabers to the wall display, 3 at a time.  I actually have 3 more wall display kits, but that would be six sabers in one room and it's probably a bit much when you consider all the posters I have, too, which I bought from an artist at Salt Lake Comic Con. I would actually love to buy an Obi Wan Kenobi and a Qui-Gonn Jinn, so maybe he'll have one next month. I'm going to go find him the first day of the con. I'm saving the 3 wall mount kits for my 17 year hold son's new room we're finishing for him downstairs.  He has 3 sabers himself now and wants to display them like his Dad. Makes me proud.  Roll Eyes

Awesome saber, LB, congrats on the purchase.  Great choice for blade color too.  Smiley
Thank you, SFD! I wholeheartedly agree - it's really quite awesome indeed. It's one of those I had put on the back burner as a "maybe" for later, and the Shock LE really turned out to be a whopper of a surprise in person. Like I mentioned above now I just want a Dark Shock LE, too. Feeding the addiction can be an exhausting but most excellent ride.  Cool

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2017, 02:31:28 AM »

Hey thanks, haz. Deep thoughts by LB  Grin  I would definitely have to agree with you on the red AV. With the gold on this one combined with the DVA the orange AV looked really good in my head - I'm glad it ended up looking as good IRL as I saw it in my head. Lookin' forward to getting a Dark Shock LE at some point, maybe in HOT PINK and a blue AV switch.

Do it! You wont regret it. Grin Grin

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2017, 02:48:51 AM »

Do it! You wont regret it. Grin Grin
Thanks - I'm down!  Cool

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2017, 03:13:28 AM »

Above advertisement for swiss watches reported to Moderators.  Angry

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2017, 03:57:25 AM »

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2017, 04:52:13 AM »

Thanks, dude, for the feedback on my display. I did a few laps in my head with all kinds of options before I ended up with that. At first I wanted to guard them away in a foam padded case, and then I thought on a fancy display stand and ultimately the simple UltraSabers display stand for most and rotate sabers to the wall display, 3 at a time.  I actually have 3 more wall display kits, but that would be six sabers in one room and it's probably a bit much when you consider all the posters I have, too, which I bought from an artist at Salt Lake Comic Con. I would actually love to buy an Obi Wan Kenobi and a Qui-Gonn Jinn, so maybe he'll have one next month. I'm going to go find him the first day of the con. I'm saving the 3 wall mount kits for my 17 year hold son's new room we're finishing for him downstairs.  He has 3 sabers himself now and wants to display them like his Dad. Makes me proud.  Roll Eyes

Where did you get the wall mounting kits? Or is it something you made yourself?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: