Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Review of Customer Service and My New Bane  (Read 4244 times)
GreyGuardian
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 9

« on: October 27, 2011, 07:57:22 PM »

Before I get to the saber, I would like to do a quick review of my experience with US customer service. The first time I received my Bane, there seemed to be some sort of short. I followed the instructions provided (charge  batteries, etc.) and still couldn't get it to function. I contacted Emory a.k.a. "Deep" and he responded about an hour later. After a series of emails, it was determined that I needed to send the saber back for repairs. Everything was extremely professional and prompt. Even when something goes wrong, US seems to excel at what they do. As if it weren't amazing enough that there are still companies that care about their customers enough to be prompt, US went above and beyond. I had asked that while my saber was being repaired, if it was not a hassle, that they add quick disconnects to my saber. They have just released a mess of new sabers, it's the middle of the Halloween rush, and they took the time to make sure I was completely satisfied with the product I received. I cannot speak highly enough about the entire experience.

Now, for the saber.

When deciding what saber I wanted to do next, I decided I wanted to take something that would traditionally be a Sith saber and make it a Jedi saber. I ordered a Bane in Consular Green with Obsidian, green AV switch, Li-Ion setup, and (after US did their thing) quick disconnects. I use UltraEdge mid-grade blades in my sabers. The hilt is amazing. This is my first saber combining anodized and standard aluminum finishes and I absolutely love how it looks. There is not a single rattle in the hilt, it is completely solid. It is extremely comfortable whether you use one or two hands. The saber spins very well and is very easy to control despite the large size. As I  have said in previous reviews - http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=2561.msg31618#msg31618 - the obsidian sound is top quality. So, without further adieu, my Jedi Bane.

First, the hilt. Simply beautiful:

As you can see, it is is considerably bigger than the Shock and Prophecy:

Blade holder, LED module, and hilt. As I said above, even with all these parts, there is not a single rattle in the hilt:

LED module and quick disconnects (I highly recommend getting the quick disconnects every time):

And here is the saber turned on. There are some lights on in the room and it is still extremely bright. The color here is actually fairly accurate to what you can expect. This is my first consular green saber and will not be my last:

And with the lights off, you can truly see how bright and vibrant the consular green is:

I hope this was thorough enough. If you have any questions please let me know.

[l]_I_I_I_ll o l [lll]
Shock: GB, Obsidian, blue AV, Li-Ion
[=o=]_[ o ]_[_/
Prophecy: AS
[]llllllll  o  lllllllll [_][(
Bane: CG, Obsidian, green AV, Li-Ion, Quick disconnects

Well, I assure you, I see more grey than dark or light. I'm just a stubborn old man, tired of the foolishness of

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 08:05:49 PM »

Oh I love the Bane. Mines AB

It looks good in Consular Green, with the matching AV switch.

It's not as big as you thought is was going to be was it? Smiley

I find it to be one of the best sabers they've put out.

Sturdy for Two handed, and light enough for single hand.

Enjoy brother. Grin Grin

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

imperialknight23
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 154

I will remember you brothers and sisters, Always.

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 08:13:33 PM »

i gots a rattle in my hilt, but nothing i cant fix ( i hope)

Bane looks like a beast.  seems you can put a lot of power into swingin that monster.

Prophecy SRD  Lucrecia
Drk Initiate V2 LE AS Redemption
Drk Initiate V3 LE GB Hope
Bellicose DVA AB  Lumineux

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 08:15:57 PM »

i gots a rattle in my hilt, but nothing i cant fix ( i hope)

Bane looks like a beast.  seems you can put a lot of power into swingin that monster.

It is a beast but not as in Huge.

The saber is the perfect full Two handed sword, not overly long and weighted just right.

Just like a Claymore, That's why mine is named "Lambert"

@ Guardian - What do you think you'll name it ? If you do that is.

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Phatell
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 08:23:17 PM »

My first US was a Bane too, went with the classic comic style, purple blade. And yea, Deep is great, helped me alot with my catalyst, waiting on my new Bellicose atm Smiley

If you dont stand for something, you will fall for anything.

Lightside points please.

Bane PS Obsidian (Custom)
Catalyst CG Obsidian (Custom)
Bellicose CG
Guardian SY

GreyGuardian
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 08:35:25 PM »

@Kham, I've never really named my sabers. I'll put some thought into it.

[l]_I_I_I_ll o l [lll]
Shock: GB, Obsidian, blue AV, Li-Ion
[=o=]_[ o ]_[_/
Prophecy: AS
[]llllllll  o  lllllllll [_][(
Bane: CG, Obsidian, green AV, Li-Ion, Quick disconnects

Well, I assure you, I see more grey than dark or light. I'm just a stubborn old man, tired of the foolishness of

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 08:38:49 PM »

@Kham, I've never really named my sabers. I'll put some thought into it.

It's fun, once something really sticks out at you the saber really takes on the persona of the name.

You also get a point.Cheesy

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2011, 12:12:08 AM »

Great saber man.  I just bought a Bane for my brother as a matter of fact, off our very own Darth Wraith.  It's VA, but I gotta say I really like the green on it, especially with the green AV switch!  Looks great, and I love when people change it up with the Jedi vs Sith - I saw somebody get GB on a Raven and it looked cool too.  Thanks for the review!

PS - The Consular Green is just amazing isn't it?  That perfect shade of green, and bright as hell.  Love it!

pianite
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2011, 12:24:17 AM »

Question on Consular Green: Is it more of a forest/mint green or a spring green (green with a slight yellow tint)?

Thanks and great review!

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2011, 12:49:29 AM »

Question on Consular Green: Is it more of a forest/mint green or a spring green (green with a slight yellow tint)?

Thanks and great review!

To me it's more of a forest green.  The color he has in his pics is actually pretty representative of the current CG.

Phatell
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2011, 03:08:26 AM »

Thanks and great review!

Exactly my layout for my new Bellicose! CG, green AV switch and the green little button, gonna post pics and make review too once i get that and my catalyst back from the workshop. Smiley

If you dont stand for something, you will fall for anything.

Lightside points please.

Bane PS Obsidian (Custom)
Catalyst CG Obsidian (Custom)
Bellicose CG
Guardian SY

Moderator Nightwing
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -262

Peace is a lie; There is only passion

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2011, 05:18:11 AM »

I'm not sure I have ever seen a Bane in Consular Green.  Surprisingly (to me) this looks great!
A very nice addition to your collection.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2011, 05:40:22 AM »

I'm not sure I have ever seen a Bane in Consular Green.  Surprisingly (to me) this looks great!
A very nice addition to your collection.

I haven't either.

I kind of wish I got the QD for my Bane because it would lokk sick in Sentinel Yellow. Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: