Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: flamberge ce blade comes loose  (Read 3756 times)
evolnis
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: August 27, 2017, 06:01:04 PM »

hey

i have a flamberge ce , and i love to duel with it . but the problem i have with it is that my main blade always comes loose during the duel . i tried a couple of solutions but none of them work .
like using a special tape on the screws so they won't come loose , turn the screws on realy tight .
if someone has a good idea on how to fix this i would realy appreciate it .

greetings

GregG124
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 436

There is only The Force.

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 07:49:46 PM »

Hello!

I'd be happy to offer you some advice. However, can you do the forum a favor and head to the rules section, give them a quick read and reply with an acknowledgement? It's how all us users can hold each other accountable and keep this site friendly and abiding!

As for your saber, I love that saber! My recommendation would be to make sure that when securing the blade, it sits tightly on top of your LED housing.

Does the Flamberge have a blade holder? I'm not too sure (?) If so, tightly secure the blade in the holder and tightly secure the holder in the hilt.

I'm certainly no expert but that's what I can offer based on other people's issues and solutions.

Sabers I Own:
Dominix LE V4 (Obsidian V3) - Consular Green
Arbiter (Obsidian Lite) - Consular Green
Liberator V3 (Stunt) - Guardian Blue

Light Side Points Appreciated

evolnis
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 08:08:12 PM »

when i put the blade in it , i put the blade al the way in and then i take the screwholder itself and i screw it al the way down , then i put 1 of the retention screws in . i screw the bladeholder back loose , and then i screw the other 2 in . after that i put the blade back in . when i am dueling those screws are comming loose . i am currently at an end on what to do
when i have the time tomorrow i wil put some pictures of how i do it ( i am from Belgium so )

GregG124
Knight Commander

There is only The Force.

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 08:13:20 PM »

when i put the blade in it , i put the blade al the way in and then i take the screwholder itself and i screw it al the way down , then i put 1 of the retention screws in . i screw the bladeholder back loose , and then i screw the other 2 in . after that i put the blade back in . when i am dueling those screws are comming loose . i am currently at an end on what to do
when i have the time tomorrow i wil put some pictures of how i do it ( i am from Belgium so )

Hey thanks for taking care of that pesky rules thing! Smiley

I honestly don't know much about the Flamberge. All we can hope for now is that a Flamberge owner will chime in with some actual knowledge.

Sabers I Own:

evolnis
Force Sensitive

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 04:28:21 PM »

when i was talking about it to a friend of mine (who is an engineer) we found out that the center blade was loose at the base , even when fully down . he told me i had to fix it in at the bottem so it would not wiggle when we duel . i had the 3 pieces 3D printed ( as shown in the picture 2 ). when i had them printed i deliberately had the inner diamiter a bit smaller then the blades them self , i worked on the so they would fit perfectly . i then place the bigger bush in the hilt ( picture 3 ). i also had some made for the quilians ( picture 4 ) and place them on the quilians ( picture 5 ) . the issues that i had with the main blade is solved . me and my friend came to the conclusion that it is an error made with desinging the hilt . i hope this is a solution for other people who use a flamberg SE to duel . and i hope ultra sabers wil use this solution to in future manufacturing of the very awsome hilt

GregG124
Knight Commander

There is only The Force.

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2017, 12:11:42 AM »

Just to notify you, that unfortunately your work that involved tampering with the wiring, will void your 1 year warranty.

Sabers I Own:

evolnis
Force Sensitive

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2017, 09:56:48 PM »

its to bad , but i had to fix this issue . i realy like this hilt and i use it in my dueling . so i realy had to solve it

PrincessKnowItAll
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2017, 03:03:48 PM »

Just a heads up for other Flamberge owners, the blade is supposed to go about 4 inches into the emitter (the ringed part) and not flush like the pictures above show.

evolnis
Force Sensitive

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2017, 05:39:39 PM »

the blade is completly at the bottem , the bush keeps it steady in its place . and it works

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2017, 04:22:20 AM »

The bushing is, indeed a functional, but complicated solution. A simpler solution is to use a heavy grade blade when dueling. The mid-grade blade pictured  is naturally more flexible and the impacts on it leave space for vibrations to allow the screws to loosen. Mid-grade are light and durable but heavy-grade stay tighter better.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

evolnis
Force Sensitive

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2017, 04:42:51 AM »

The bushing is, indeed a functional, but complicated solution. A simpler solution is to use a heavy grade blade when dueling. The mid-grade blade pictured  is naturally more flexible and the impacts on it leave space for vibrations to allow the screws to loosen. Mid-grade are light and durable but heavy-grade stay tighter better.
euh the thing is i use heavy grade

evolnis
Force Sensitive

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2017, 05:46:54 AM »

euh the thing is i use heavy grade
I meant . I orderd it with heavy grades .

firehand10k
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2017, 06:17:07 AM »

The one in the photo, inside the bushing looks like a thin wall. It looks mid-grade by the photo. How thick is the actual blade wall? Can you measure it?

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Kosmo Camo
Force Sensitive

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2019, 02:46:34 PM »

Just as a heads up... This issue is still not resolved, as I have this issue as well with my Flamberge LE.
The internal well where the blade rests will not allow the blade to go past the four inch mark as you have said earlier in this thread, and I find it rather disappointing that this seems to be an issue spanning multiple years.

firehand10k
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2019, 01:59:43 AM »

I have modified my Flamberge beyond being able to test it more on this but I will soon be getting another for a special project. Before modding that one out I'll take it to a Saber Legion meet and test some theories. My Zweihander (modified Flamberge) never comes loose but that one is using a War Glave emitter with additional retention screws added.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff