Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Trying to fix issue with powering off immediately after powering on  (Read 2644 times)
NappaCanFly
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -2

« on: August 27, 2017, 09:24:24 PM »

Hi,

I purchased 2 Dark initiate V4's with obsidian lite sound a while back ago, and recently one of them has started acting up. When I turn it on, it immediately turns back off, playing what sounds like the "turning on sound" backwards. Does anyone know what the issue might be and how I might be able to fix it? I have tried a reset by removing the batteries and putting them back in and the issue persists.

Thanks in advance!

GregG124
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 436

There is only The Force.

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 10:19:07 PM »

Have you tried putting in fresh batteries? The sabers do that when the battery power is low.

An obsidian lite saber will run for about 20-25 minutes and at that point you will notice a small flicker in the LED, after another 60-70 minutes of use the batteries will be dead and the saber will make the soundboard reset sound (which is what you heard)

So there's a comfortable 90 minutes of use. Try throwing in some fresh batteries. Hope this helps!

Sabers I Own:
Dominix LE V4 (Obsidian V3) - Consular Green
Arbiter (Obsidian Lite) - Consular Green
Liberator V3 (Stunt) - Guardian Blue

Light Side Points Appreciated

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 05:41:21 AM »

As Greg said, new batteries will probably solve the problem. I also recommend putting either a Velcro strap or electrical tape around the batteries to make sure they stay completely in.

And the saber is actually saying "Obsidian." This is the standard "power down when the batteries are too low" announcement. Probably because it's an Obsidian soundboard.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 06:22:33 AM »

As Greg said, new batteries will probably solve the problem. I also recommend putting either a Velcro strap or electrical tape around the batteries to make sure they stay completely in.

And the saber is actually saying "Obsidian." This is the standard "power down when the batteries are too low" announcement. Probably because it's an Obsidian soundboard.
He said the turning on sound, like staring the saber. Not the Obsidian sound when putting in the batteries.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 06:23:39 AM »

Let us know if the fresh batteries work. I have 4 lite sound, but 3 are Christmas gifts and mine I haver run the batteries dish yet (is pretty new).

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

GregG124
Knight Commander

There is only The Force.

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2017, 09:05:44 PM »

He said the turning on sound, like staring the saber. Not the Obsidian sound when putting in the batteries.

"Playing what sounds like the turning on sound backwards" I think he's probably hearing the metallic "Unsheathing and clank" sound that obsidian plays when you first put in the batteries.

If that's the case, I directly encountered this issue when my AAA's ran dry. Issue was solved by fresh batteries and I'm hoping that the solution will be the same for our new friend here.

Sabers I Own:

NappaCanFly
Force Sensitive

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2017, 11:42:56 PM »

Good news,  it was the batteries. Just got done new ones today and replaced them and its working fine. Thanks for all the help. Didn't realize that noise was the obsidian board booting. Tongue

GregG124
Knight Commander

There is only The Force.

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2017, 06:34:12 AM »

Good news,  it was the batteries. Just got done new ones today and replaced them and its working fine. Thanks for all the help. Didn't realize that noise was the obsidian board booting. Tongue
Glad we could help! Would you prefer to be on the Light side, or the dark side, on the forum? I'd like to give you a welcoming point but I don't know where on the spectrum you'd like to lean to.

Sabers I Own:

NappaCanFly
Force Sensitive

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2017, 12:31:06 PM »

Dark side for sure! I hear they have cookies Wink

GregG124
Knight Commander

There is only The Force.

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2017, 04:09:04 PM »

Dark side for sure! I hear they have cookies Wink
Your very first point has been awarded. You have taken your first step into a larger world!

Sabers I Own:

PeterSenda
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2017, 06:49:22 PM »

I cant seem to be able to upload any photos,
The photos are only around 116 KB but having no luck ?

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2017, 11:35:52 PM »

I cant seem to be able to upload any photos,
The photos are only around 116 KB but having no luck ?

Good afternoon, Peter! Let's have you go to the RULES page first, here:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=117.0

and read the forum rules and post there that you acknowledge and agree to them. This is something we all did when we joined and ensures a uniform understanding of etiquette here on Saberforum. Thanks in advance for doing that.  Wink

Now, for photos you will need a third party hosting service, like Imgur, to upload your photos there and then post links to those images here, because Saberforum.com doesn't host images.

Create a free account on Imgur, then upload the photo you want to share.  Click on that image and click on the "Get share Links" option from the drop-down arrow menu, then click on the COPY button for BBCode (Forums) and paste that into your post here. The nice thing is that it automatically adds the "img" tags for you.   Wink

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

shamster
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2017, 08:19:17 PM »

I am having a similar issue, but it's not the batteries. New batteries in place. Push the power on button and it and the saber flash on but immediately turn off and the obsidian start sound plays like when you put new batteries in. I can't get the saber to stay on. New batteries.

GregG124
Knight Commander

There is only The Force.

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2017, 06:56:57 AM »

I am having a similar issue, but it's not the batteries. New batteries in place. Push the power on button and it and the saber flash on but immediately turn off and the obsidian start sound plays like when you put new batteries in. I can't get the saber to stay on. New batteries.
I'd recommend making sure your batteries are secure in the holder. If you have no luck you may need to email info@ultrasabers.com to find out what your options are.

Good luck and may the force be with you and your ultrasaber.

Sabers I Own:

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: