Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: 7 mystery boxes in 3 weeks...it's not a problem if it's awesome, right?  (Read 4263 times)
Davey
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 2

« on: August 28, 2017, 08:42:32 PM »

I am such a huge fan of these mystery boxes!!!  I got my first saber - the Manticore (green, sound, long blade) about a year ago.  I decided to hop back on the site to see what was new and stumbled on the mystery boxes! 

Started with a $75.  Got a Dominix LE V4, "regular" blue, no sound.  Nice blade. 

Ordered a $200 that just got here.  Sentinel V4, "regular" blue, lite sound. Silver FOC. Not a home run by any means, but nice. 

Another $200 should be here tomorrow...and just placed an order for 3 more $75 and 1 more $200.  Being a grownup is awesome.  12 year old me would be so proud of 30+ year old me!

Anyone else got that mystery box addiction???

Manticore, Consular Green, 40 inch blade, premium sound
Dominix LE V4, Guardian Blue, no sound, $75 mystery box.
Sentinel V4, Guardian Blue, lite sound, silver FOC, $200 mystery box
3 $75 mystery boxes TBD
1 $200 mystery box TBD

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 08:54:00 PM »

Only ordered two a $75 box and got a Apprentice V4 with lite sound BR blade with silver FOC. So great box. My 2nd was a $200 box  and got a Azure Reaper with Obsidian V3 sound and FO blade. So I have been very lucky!

Depending on when you ordered the new boxes may have awhile since they are located in Houston and it is a disaster here right now.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 08:58:17 PM »

I am such a huge fan of these mystery boxes!!!  I got my first saber - the Manticore (green, sound, long blade) about a year ago.  I decided to hop back on the site to see what was new and stumbled on the mystery boxes!  

Started with a $75.  Got a Dominix LE V4, "regular" blue, no sound.  Nice blade.  

Ordered a $200 that just got here.  Sentinel V4, "regular" blue, lite sound. Silver FOC. Not a home run by any means, but nice.  

Another $200 should be here tomorrow...and just placed an order for 3 more $75 and 1 more $200.  Being a grownup is awesome.  12 year old me would be so proud of 30+ year old me!

Livin' the dream, man, livin' the dream! Congratulations! I've been feelin' the same way about what my 12 year old self would think of the 48 year old version of myself, and I think he'd be proud, too. Even my 38 year old self would never have believed my 48 year old self would get to own a lightsaber collection like this one day. Adulting is awesome.

I've only purchased one mystery box saber so far, the $75 version, and received a shiny Initiate LE V4 stunt saber with a 36 inch UEMG blade in Arctic Blue. It's a total win. I haven't been brave enough to try the $200 version, yet. Best of luck to you, though, on your next one!

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Davey
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 09:02:11 PM »

Only ordered two a $75 box and got a Apprentice V4 with lite sound BR blade with silver FOC. So great box. My 2nd was a $200 box  and got a Azure Reaper with Obsidian V3 sound and FO blade. So I have been very lucky!

Depending on when you ordered the new boxes may have awhile since they are located in Houston and it is a disaster here right now.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Oh man, forgot about that.  Hope their warehouse didn't get hit too hard.  Scary stuff...40 inches of rain in some places, I can't even comprehend it. 

3 $75 mystery boxes TBD
1 $200 mystery box TBD

Sean107
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -27

Peace Is A Lie!

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 02:46:39 AM »

I am such a huge fan of these mystery boxes!!!  I got my first saber - the Manticore (green, sound, long blade) about a year ago.  I decided to hop back on the site to see what was new and stumbled on the mystery boxes! 

Started with a $75.  Got a Dominix LE V4, "regular" blue, no sound.  Nice blade. 

Ordered a $200 that just got here.  Sentinel V4, "regular" blue, lite sound. Silver FOC. Not a home run by any means, but nice. 

Another $200 should be here tomorrow...and just placed an order for 3 more $75 and 1 more $200.  Being a grownup is awesome.  12 year old me would be so proud of 30+ year old me!

Wow! I ordered 2 mystery boxes thus far. Will definitely be getting more soon. I love the whole roll of the dice, not knowing what is being sent your way.

Blades:
Dark Initiate LE V4 - AS
Sentinel V4 - AS
Dark Shock - TRI BR/GB/CG
Overlord - TRI BR/GB/CG

Davey
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 03:16:28 AM »

Oh yeah for sure, the thrill that fate gives you is awesome! It's fun. Such a great idea!

3 $75 mystery boxes TBD
1 $200 mystery box TBD

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2017, 03:19:29 AM »

Being a grownup is awesome.  12 year old me would be so proud of 30+ year old me!

What a joyful statement! 12 yr old me would definitely be proud of the 38 yr old me lol Grin

The MB's are a bit too wild card for me. I've handled enough of the US line up that my tastes are more specific than ever (it's equally learning what I truely like in a lightsaber) - so right now for the money I prefer to choose.

However I am living vicariously through you all, this is no doubt a great adventure.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Force Metal
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 89

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2017, 07:28:57 AM »

As long as you're not gonna end up in financial trouble, go nuts and buy up.
Mystery Box, Grab Bag, Custom, Prize.....it doesn't matter, it's still an Ultrasaber  & it rules.

Can I tempt you, come with me
Be 'devil may care', fulfill your dream
If I said I'd take you there
Would you go, would you be scared

Davey
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2017, 01:14:06 PM »

As long as you're not gonna end up in financial trouble, go nuts and buy up.
Mystery Box, Grab Bag, Custom, Prize.....it doesn't matter, it's still an Ultrasaber  & it rules.

Amen!  Thinking of building a nice display rack or two in my shop and decorating the man cave.  Probably will make a few extras for the inevitable future purchases!

3 $75 mystery boxes TBD
1 $200 mystery box TBD

Davey
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2017, 10:41:39 PM »

Second $200 mystery box arrived.

Dark Sentinel v4, no windows, green. Not sure if I'm bummed or thrilled because
My last 200 was the regular Sentinel in blue. Still fun, regardless! They can't all be homeruns!

3 $75 mystery boxes TBD
1 $200 mystery box TBD

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2017, 05:08:38 PM »

^^^Sounds like a nice one to me Tongue Could always send it back for a sound upgrade. I think your new Dark Sentinel will grow on you though for sure Tongue But no its not a problem at all >.> <.< I'm still not done saber collecting so

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2017, 05:10:55 PM »

Second $200 mystery box arrived.

Dark Sentinel v4, no windows, green. Not sure if I'm bummed or thrilled because
My last 200 was the regular Sentinel in blue. Still fun, regardless! They can't all be homeruns!
You can make a light side Sentinel saberstaff.  I love my Dark Sentinel LE in Emerald Green. It's so purdy.  Combined with a Sentinel in Blue would look amazing.

^^^Sounds like a nice one to me Tongue Could always send it back for a sound upgrade. I think your new Dark Sentinel will grow on you though for sure Tongue But no its not a problem at all >.> <.< I'm still not done saber collecting so
Hey Zren, since it was a $200 MB, it did come with sound, so I think he was more just hoping for a different model altogether.

Davey
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2017, 05:52:49 PM »

You can make a light side Sentinel saberstaff.  I love my Dark Sentinel LE in Emerald Green. It's so purdy.  Combined with a Sentinel in Blue would look amazing.
Hey Zren, since it was a $200 MB, it did come with sound, so I think he was more just hoping for a different model altogether.

I am going to snag a quick release coupler and do just that! The duality of the two color Sentinels and the two blade colors should pretty cool!  My kids and I duel a lot with their friends in the neighborhood (in reality, its a swarm of kids under 10 who gang up and try to beat me up) and their little heads are gonna explode when I bust out a saberstaff that can "transform".

And you're right, it did come with sound.  It's a nice saber.  I am sure I'm just feeling a little greedy hoping for a grandslam!  Happy with what I have.

4 more are in the mail.  Haha.

3 $75 mystery boxes TBD
1 $200 mystery box TBD

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2017, 02:09:31 AM »

I am going to snag a quick release coupler and do just that! The duality of the two color Sentinels and the two blade colors should pretty cool!  My kids and I duel a lot with their friends in the neighborhood (in reality, its a swarm of kids under 10 who gang up and try to beat me up) and their little heads are gonna explode when I bust out a saberstaff that can "transform".

And you're right, it did come with sound.  It's a nice saber.  I am sure I'm just feeling a little greedy hoping for a grandslam!  Happy with what I have.

4 more are in the mail.  Haha.
Excellent!

mossy48
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2017, 03:43:35 AM »

how come it seems with mystery boxes, some people get 1 and some get multiple. or are people only posting the special ones?

Rebel. Jedi. Gryffindor. Man in Black. Musician.
Disabled Combat Veteran of the Clone Wars...or of the American Navy and Irish Defense Force. you pick.

Volunteer worker. Salesman.

Diamond Mantis CE Purple
Dark initiate Red Lite sound v4.
mystery box. Sentinel Sunriders Destiny premium sound v4.
mystery box Dark Sentinel Sunriders Destiny lite sount v4.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: