Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Emerald Sabers with Sound Vs Diamond  (Read 7887 times)
MPrieto73
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 8

« on: August 31, 2017, 06:34:00 AM »

I want to get the following sabers added to my collection with the Emerald Saber with Sound configuration

Initiate LE V3, Dark Initiate LE V3, Dominix LE V3 and Aeon LE V3.

Yet I can't get them in that configuration. Yet all the Version 4 counter parts can. When I was browsing around in the Diamond sabers I noticed I can get the sabers I want under that configuration.
I found that a bit disconcerting.  I would like to know if it's possible to get not just the one's I'm wanting but all V3 sabers in the Emerald Saber with Sound configuration?

7/28/17 Electrum Wind Diamond
7/29/17 The Guardian Emerald
8/24/17 Dark Liberator V3 Diamond
8/24/17 Manticore Diamond
8/24/17 Dominix V2 Stunt

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 06:39:20 AM »

I want to get the following sabers added to my collection with the Emerald Saber with Sound configuration

Initiate LE V3, Dark Initiate LE V3, Dominix LE V3 and Aeon LE V3.

Yet I can't get them in that configuration. Yet all the Version 4 counter parts can. When I was browsing around in the Diamond sabers I noticed I can get the sabers I want under that configuration.
I found that a bit disconcerting.  I would like to know if it's possible to get not just the one's I'm wanting but all V3 sabers in the Emerald Saber with Sound configuration?

Sorry, but V3s are not compatible with Emerald and sound.

Because of the internal hilt dimensions US are unable to fit both the Emerald driver card and the Obsidian sound card in there with the battery pack. Because Diamond is light and sound on ONE board, they fit into the smaller hilts.

It makes me cry too, because an Emerald Liberator would be an absolute gem in my collection  Cry

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 06:49:18 AM »

I have an Emerald Initiate LE v4, with sound, and it fits just fine. Do the other sabers smaller ID? Because I thought the v3s and v4s were the same size.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

MPrieto73
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 06:52:14 AM »

Le sigh! That makes a lot of sense indeed. Actually made my brain hurt a little. I have 3 Diamond sabers currently that I love. These 4 sabers in particular I'll have to meditate on and see which way the force guides me. I sense Obsidian Premium Sound configuration is best way to go.

8/24/17 Dominix V2 Stunt

MPrieto73
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2017, 06:55:52 AM »

I have an Emerald Initiate LE v4, with sound, and it fits just fine. Do the other sabers smaller ID? Because I thought the v3s and v4s were the same size.

I had thought the same thing but apparently not. Sad Still the force will provide us with the proper guidance to find the saber that best suits us that will fulfill our needs.

8/24/17 Dominix V2 Stunt

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2017, 05:04:31 PM »

The Aeon and Initiate V3s are the same diameter at the opening, but both of them have a choke point further back on the hilt and that lowers the length of the widest internal space.  So the Emerald/Obsidian combo will not fit properly with a battery pack, it just can't get all the way into the hilt. 

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

MPrieto73
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2017, 06:21:50 PM »

The Aeon and Initiate V3s are the same diameter at the opening, but both of them have a choke point further back on the hilt and that lowers the length of the widest internal space.  So the Emerald/Obsidian combo will not fit properly with a battery pack, it just can't get all the way into the hilt. 

Karmack I appreciate the input. Definitely puts everything into perspective.  Add information for when I go shopping on the site for sure and for any future possible projects.

8/24/17 Dominix V2 Stunt

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2017, 06:58:26 PM »

Ah, makes since. Good to know.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

0mib
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -8

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2018, 07:06:53 PM »

Sounds like a proto saber  is needed Wink

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2018, 01:44:53 AM »

Thanks for that info Karmack. I was not aware the V3 had less space in the lower part of the hilt. Was wondering why it could do emerald, or sound, or diamond, but not emerald with sound. Good stuff.

Have a point.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2018, 01:53:19 AM »

Can't wait to get my prize equipped with Emerald and sound so I can personally compare it to my Diamond saber.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2018, 10:12:31 AM »

I have one of each. RGBA Emerald and a RGBW Diamond. Other than space in the hilt (Emerald requires 2 boards), certain features of the Diamond (stabs, spins, gestures) and memory space on the board, you can get the same mixing abilites out of both, Emerald and Diamond.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2018, 10:46:00 AM »

Thanks for that info Karmack. I was not aware the V3 had less space in the lower part of the hilt. Was wondering why it could do emerald, or sound, or diamond, but not emerald with sound. Good stuff.

Have a point.

It was one of the many reasons why the Diamond board was created, LED driver and sound on one solid board versus the Emerald that has multiple boards and then the soundboard that's needed making it hard to cram into the smaller and older hilts

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2018, 10:43:38 PM »

It was one of the many reasons why the Diamond board was created, LED driver and sound on one solid board versus the Emerald that has multiple boards and then the soundboard that's needed making it hard to cram into the smaller and older hilts

I only started buying from UltraSabers 3rd quarter last year, so I didn't live thru the V2 & v3 iterations of sabers. Plus, I made the mistake of buying a saber with lite sound on an emerald driver. When I purchased my first diamond saber I got hooked and decided not to back down to the emerald with sound. 

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2018, 11:49:00 PM »

I only started buying from UltraSabers 3rd quarter last year, so I didn't live thru the V2 & v3 iterations of sabers. Plus, I made the mistake of buying a saber with lite sound on an emerald driver. When I purchased my first diamond saber I got hooked and decided not to back down to the emerald with sound. 

And what a great choice you made going into Diamond, Chalion. I started off with a stunt saber so don’t feel bad

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: