Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Emerald Sabers with Sound Vs Diamond  (Read 7918 times)
ktulu1347
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 87

Nerd for 3 decades plus and darn proud of it

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2018, 02:31:14 AM »

I've purchased several Diamond sabers and I have also been lucky enough to win Emerald w/sound sabers in raffles.  In my opinion the on the fly color switching, spin/stab/gesture detection, almost unlimited light effect control, and vastly improved write-to-board time are well worth the extra $30 for Diamond over Emerald/ObsV4.  Actually I think the additional functionality is worth a lot more than $30, but that's just my opinion.  Both options are awesome, but make mine Diamond all the way.

"The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain."

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2018, 04:13:22 AM »

I'm interested in seeing how they compare on battery life.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

ktulu1347
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 87

Nerd for 3 decades plus and darn proud of it

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2018, 06:08:20 AM »

I'm interested in seeing how they compare on battery life.

In my experience, which consists of mostly time spent turned off on display with brief periods of activation, they're not that dissimilar.  Both will go flat in around three weeks if left turned off on display so I charge them every two weeks.  According to the deluxe charger's display, the batteries are usually in the low 40% charge range at that point for my Emeralds and my Diamonds.  Since the LEDs are the main power draw when activated in both configurations (and the control circuitry is probably broadly similar) I would guess that the battery life would be similar for given colors, but I haven't run that experiment to date.  I'd be interested in others' battery life data.

"The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain."

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: