Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Mystery Box luck  (Read 4159 times)
MPrieto73
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 8

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2017, 05:15:24 PM »

I am currently at DragonCon and just got my Fulcrum. At the same time I hade a covertech installed and decided to get a $75 mystery box. Low and behold, I pulled a Lost Grey with Emerald Driver. This is probably the luckiest I have ever been.

The Force was truly with you. Quite fortunate you are. Congrats to you! May the force continue to be with you.

7/28/17 Electrum Wind Diamond
7/29/17 The Guardian Emerald
8/24/17 Dark Liberator V3 Diamond
8/24/17 Manticore Diamond
8/24/17 Dominix V2 Stunt

pm07
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2017, 02:03:21 AM »

That's a score. Karma bit me with mine. We were discussing SLJ/ Mace Windu the night before and my dislike to him and the purple blade is well known. So what did I end up with? You guessed it..  Dark Initiate with a purple blade. Smiley

ALAKAI
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -4

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2017, 02:58:02 PM »

In the end, does everyone still believe they are worth it and got their money's worth? Some of the hilts are less than $75

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2017, 06:28:05 PM »

In the end, does everyone still believe they are worth it and got their money's worth? Some of the hilts are less than $75

I have not yet seen a hilt that is less than 75$ or 200$ depending on which one you got. I have not personally bought one, but from what I am seeing, I feel like they are well worth it.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

pm07
Force Sensitive

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2017, 04:50:04 AM »

For me personally it was worth it, purple blade not withstanding . I was just being funny.  One of the thing I liked is I picked up my sabers at Dragon Con so I saved shipping. I originally was only going to buy a basic saber for a female friend but decided to grab a mystery box too.  I am totally satisfied.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2017, 05:19:03 AM »

I think I will pick up a Mystery Box every year at the Con here as long as they keep doing it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Cassiline
Force Sensitive

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2017, 03:25:25 AM »

I picked up my first UltraSabers at DragonCon as well!  And it was quite the thrill!

A small back story, my friend picked up my first $75 mystery box on Friday and sent me a pic of it all opened up.  I was not happy.  Where was the thrill of opening my own box? So i decided to buy my own $200 box and got an Apprentice LE v4 with Obsidian.  Ok cool! Monday night, before we left, she said she picked up another $75 box for me, still sealed up.  We opened it together and ..... it was the Lost Grey with Emerald sound.  I just about fell over.

The only downside was that it didn't come with a charger and it was too late to get one at con.  So I drove back to Florida with my new prizes and into Hurricane Irma.  Batteries went dead with before the storm, so I went only and ordered the charger.  It came today...
My Lost Gray has come back to life!

I will definitely be getting more boxes  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2017, 03:28:36 AM »

Wow lots of Lost Greys being pulled at Dragoncon it seems with Emerald no less!

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Zyn
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 63

What do I see? Light... Darkness.... Balance

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2017, 03:36:11 PM »

every single one has been over $75, as it's guaranteed that they are. Sure, you may get a $65 hilt, but all they need to do to make that up is put on an AV switch ($15) to make up that value. The cheapest build I've gotten in a mystery box was $85

"The protectors of the Balance must stand on the edge of two worlds, accepted by neither, masters of both."

Butcher (Diamond) | Emperor's Hand* (BR) | Lost Gray* (SD) | Sentinel v4* (BR) | Reaper (AB) | D. Initiate (AS) | D. Apprentice LE v4 (SY) | Aeon v4 (CG) (WILLING TO TRADE) | Dark Sentinel/Aeon Staff (FO) | D. Prophecy Build Project (Pending)

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2017, 02:27:39 AM »

Agreed, every one I have seen is over $75 however lots of them have that AV switch upgrade that people just don't want to take into account when they say they are not.  US was pretty clear that the value is for the overall build, not for the base hilt.  Not sure why some people have such a hard time understanding this.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: