Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down
Author Topic: Shadow of the Outcast  (Read 48137 times)
Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2017, 09:29:21 PM »

I see what you mean, and honestly, I don't know how intentional it was. I feel like Rowahn has a "flawed" view of the Sith, in that they don't welcome or use "good" emotions, only ones like Rage, Fear, Anger, etc.. I am hoping I can successfully incorporate that into the story a little more as I go.

I think it was intentional as that is essential what these inquisitors are, they are not intended by their ultimate master Palpatine to be true sith, they're like Maul was to Palpatine in the Darth Plaegus novel, just disposable tools, there's no intention to give them a true course in Sith Philosophy, they are just given a crash course in the fastest ways to make them useful tools - rage, hate, ruthlessness. To that extent I think you've done really well capturing that side of them through your protagonist, so its intentional to the extent it is an accurate reflection of what the character is about.

I know I totally get too much into characters heads, anyway keep it up!

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2017, 10:42:29 PM »

I think it was intentional as that is essential what these inquisitors are, they are not intended by their ultimate master Palpatine to be true sith, they're like Maul was to Palpatine in the Darth Plaegus novel, just disposable tools, there's no intention to give them a true course in Sith Philosophy, they are just given a crash course in the fastest ways to make them useful tools - rage, hate, ruthlessness. To that extent I think you've done really well capturing that side of them through your protagonist, so its intentional to the extent it is an accurate reflection of what the character is about.

What he said!  :-)  Excellent analysis and whether it was planning or instinct I agree that it is spot-on.  These guys are like droids to Palpatine.  They get what they need to do their programmed function and then they're discarded. 

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2017, 04:02:55 AM »

While I'm not great at looking into characters heads, I like doing it too. Wink

What he said!  :-)  Excellent analysis and whether it was planning or instinct I agree that it is spot-on.  These guys are like droids to Palpatine.  They get what they need to do their programmed function and then they're discarded. 

Thanks both of you. It has been fun so far, and part of that is because I get to study SW. But I couldn't do it without you guys.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2017, 05:04:55 AM »

Chapter 3

After meditation for a while more, Rowahn arose. They still had at least a few hours before they reached the planet, so Rowahn decided to practice. He would need his skills to be at their peak if he were to defeat Jord this time. Arriving at the simulation room, Rowahn removes his saber. His decides to work with that in a little while. Right now, he just needs to hit something. Every time he fights, he sets the simulation to Realistic. This means that it will watch and analyze Rowahn as he fights, learning how to better defeat him, which in turn causes Rowahn to get better himself. As always, it starts out fairly easily with a couple of “mercenaries”. As the battle begins, Rowahn easily defeats the first wave without even thinking about using the Force. As the waves become progressively harder, Rowahn is forced to rely on every ounce of training he has ever had. Still, he does not use his saber. It feels good to completely destroy all opposition with nothing but his fists and the Force. Adding his saber into the mix would only make the battles easier. Once the battle becomes him against about fifteen highly trained mercenaries who actually “know” how to fight, and fight well, Rowahn finally starts to feel challenged. Still he cannot be defeated. The Empire has trained him better than anything else possibly could have, not to mention his years of tracking down surviving Jedi for their sabers. Finally after about an hour, he decides to pick up his saber. Using a setting that was built specifically for him, he faces off first against Inquisitors, Jedi, and finally Vader himself. Rarely does he even make it to the Vader simulation, and those few times he does, he is quickly defeated. This time however, he lasts about seven and a half minutes before losing the battle. A significant amount of time for sure. Especially to his previous best of three minutes. That’s good, he thinks as he wipes the sweat off his face. Means I’m at least able to anticipate the strikes before they happen. I still don’t know how Jord defeated me so easily.

Just then, his comlink beeps. “Sir, we are just coming out of hyperspace. We will be arriving shortly.”

“Good, I’ll be with you in a moment.” Rowahn says as he places his saber on his back once more, and walks out of the room.

As the ramp slowly opens, and Rowahn walks out of the landing shuttle, he signals to his men to begin searching for Jord. He knows she can’t be too far away, because her ship was spotted about 2 clicks southeast of their position. “She probably already knows we are here, so be sure to alert me as soon as she is spotted.” He says to one group. He turns to another and begins speaking, “Go to her ship and secure it. Make sure she has no means of escape. If there is anyone else around, kill them.” As the two groups move off to their separate duties, Rowahn takes his first scans of the area. It is indeed what he thought. Rocky, and volcanic. There does not seem to be many volcanoes in around him for a ways, but there are quite a few tall spikes of stone. Not mountains really, just random spires sticking into the sky. While they are odd looking, they do look natural, and are definitely interesting. He thinks. I wonder if anything lives on or around them. The nearest one is about one-hundred and fifty meters away, so Rowahn begins walking towards it while he waits for a report back from his men.

As he nears the base of the spire, he begins to notice small holes in the side of the colossal spikes. Almost like caves, but far too small for humans. He decides to stop, and see if something will come out. After removing his helmet, and waiting for about two and a half minutes, a small birdlike creature cautiously to the mouth of the whole and after a second begins pecking around. That’s weird, it looks and acts like a bird, but it uses its wings as a second pair of legs. Rowahn observed. I wonder if it can actually fly, or if the wings are too small or too weak. Just then, the creature made a sound strange sound similar to a Wookiee cry, but much more gentle and loving. After a series of chirps reminding him of a mixture between an astromech droid and a Wookiee, the creature flew off at a surprisingly fast rate. No idea what kind of creature that was, he thought. But I could feel the Force in it. A beautiful song flowed and twisted around it, and not just when it sang. It was indeed something unique. As he listened, he heard more of the creatures all around him. Their songs blending together in perfectly harmony. As the strain ended, he looked up, and saw a flock of them flying overhead. The presence of the Force was so strong within them that he felt he could almost see it, as well as hear it. And as they flew, they circled and spiraled around as if following the shape of the song. Absolutely beautiful. They need a name. But before he could think of one his comlink beeped.

“Inquisitor, the target has been sighted. Sending the location now.”

“Very good Sergeant. I’m on my way. Has her ship been secured?” Rowahn asks.

“Yes, we just got the alert that there was no sign of anyone else, and the team has the ship secure. She will not escape that way.” Came the Sergeant’s reply.

As Rowahn put his helmet back on, and began to move in the direction that Jord was, he sent one more quick reply. “She is closer to my position than expected. Hold you fire for the time being. I don’t think she will run.”

With that, Rowahn took off running. As he came over a rise, he saw her. She was just sitting there, meditating. Meditating and waiting for Rowahn to arrive, so he slowed his pace down to a walk. He could see his men encircling her, he couldn’t see their faces through their helmets, but he could sense their apprehension. That mixed with curiosity as to why he wasn’t already fighting her. Let them watch and wonder. He thought. It’ll be good for them to see how truly powerful I am. As he approached Jord, she spoke. Without looking up she said “You’ve been watching the Synyps haven’t you.”

“Yes. Synyps. So that’s what they are called. It fits them. A name implying a strong connection to the Force and an ability to weave the different threads into something beautiful, but in one without actual access to it. Tell me, did you name them?” His questions was one of both interest and intrigue.

“Partly. Before order 66. . . Before the Empire. My master and I came here on a mission from the Council. They had heard reports of strange creatures similar to birds, but completely different. We were sent here to observe the creatures, and search through the library databanks for any reference to them. It seems they were unknown, because they were completely undocumented. When we arrived we found them, and as I watched them, I felt as though they were singing to me through the Force. My master said that wasn’t possible. That the Force doesn’t work that way, but I could also almost see the Force around them. Once again, my Master said I was wrong, but I persisted. Finally she gave in, just so we could finish documenting them by giving them a name. I was young, and knew little of the Force, so when I described the flowing patterns around them, and how they seemed to know the Force, she recommended Synyps. I knew it was right the as soon as I heard it.” She finished.

“How did you know I was watching them?” Rowahn asked, once again intrigued.

“That was easy”, she said. “The Force has begins to swirl in similar patterns around someone who has been near a Synyp. It was just a matter of listening to, and feeling the Force as you came near.” Finally she looked up, and stood. “I knew it would bother you if you did not know about the Synyps, which is why I waited for you. I could’ve been long gone.”

“You’re not wrong.” Rowahn replied, “but any chance you had of escape is now gone as well.” While they had been talking, Rowahn had removed his saber pike from his back, and now activated it. As the blade sprang to life with a whoosh, Rowahn moved into a ready position, much like the one he had started with in their first fight. “T’Risha Jord, you are under arrest in the name of the Galactic Empire, and the Emperor. Surrender now, or your life is forfeit.” He said.

“I will not surrender to a man who has denied himself, and become someone he is not.” Jord said as she activated her emerald green saber. As she raised her blade into a ready position she continued, “Turn back to the light. It is not too late, but if you don’t do it now, you may never have another chance.”

“I don’t need a chance. I have seen the light, and know that the Jedi are wrong. Lord Vader himself showed me the truth.” With that, he struck. Swinging his blade in an overhead arc, and bringing it down at Jord’s left shoulder. Jord leapt backwards, using the Force to lend her speed and agility. As Rowahn’s blade passed harmlessly in front of T’Risha, she attacked. Her saber was already it an adequate position for striking at Rowahn’s head, and since he had swung his saber so far out, he did not have time to bring his saber back to block the blow. Instead, he raised his arm and took the strike on his forearm. I love this cortosis clothing. Rowahn thought, as he looked watched the surprised look of Jord’s face. He only been to Prakith once, and the only clothing they had available for him at the time was a pair of gloves, and a jacket. Still, they had been useful. He had always meant to go back, but he’d been too busy. As the battle continued, he could feel a bruise coming on where he blocked Jord’s saber. Luckily, it wasn’t anything major, and he would deal with it later. Right now he needed to focus on the battle at hand. Jord had beaten him once, and he could not let that happen again.

As Rowahn brought his saber over to his side to block an attack, he watched. Desperately looking for an opening to finish Jord, and end the battle. She was too good. Too fast. Every time he thought he had an opening, T’Risha would twist her body, or twirl her saber in a way that would just block the opening. Soon, he could feel himself start to sweat. His helmet once again trapping the heat. It was one of the major annoyances of his clothing. It did not breathe well. Rowahn spun, and blocked an attack behind his back, finishing the twirl with a strike at Jord’s side. She, of course, blocked it, but it gave Rowahn the opportunity he was hoping for. Before she could react, Rowahn kicked her in the stomach. The kick knocked her of balance, but she recovered before Rowahn could make a move. They were now about six feet away from each other, so they began to circle. Rowahn was not a fan of this waiting, but he needed the chance to study Jord again, and see how she would react. But she did not react. Instead, she did what every fighter is trained to do. Instead of reacting, she acted. Levitating some of the stones around her, she slowly moved forward. The debris was now circling her slowly like a tornado, and easily gave her a good foot of space that Rowahn could not penetrate. As she began to close in, she started launching the rock at Rowahn. Some of it he was able to push away with the Force, and some he could block, or destroy with his saber, but it was not enough.

Soon Rowahn was backing away from Jord, trying to stay out of the reach of her whirlwind. However, he knew he could not keep it up forever, so he reached out his hand, and summoned a blast of Force energy. Throwing it directly at Jord, and scattering the debris. He had not expected it to throw up as much dust as it did, momentarily blinding him. He could not see the Jord, until her green blade came flashing down through the dust. Raising his saber, he managed to block the strike, but the force of it knocked him to the ground. Suddenly he went flying backwards. The dust had settled enough that he could see Jord, but he hadn’t seen her push him backwards. Before he could recover from the fall, and the push, Jord took off running in the direction of her ship. Immediately the Stormtroopers began firing, but to little avail. Any bolts that came near Jord, she easily deflected as she ran. As she neared the line of troopers encircling them, she blasted them out of the way without even a wave of her hand.

Once she arrived at her ship, she quickly dispatched the five troopers, and took off. Before she was even out of the atmosphere, she went to lightspeed. Apparently she did not want to be shot out of the air. Rowahn turned to the Sergeant and asked, “Is the tracker active?”

“Yes sir,” Came the reply. “But we won’t be able to know where she is heading until she comes out of hyperspace. Once that happens, we will be able to follow her wherever she goes.”

“Alright. We need to get back to the ship. I must make my report.” Rowahn stated as they began to walk back towards the ship.

“You failed again!” Came the Grand Inquisitor’s voice over the hologram. “I believe that I told you to capture her, or else you would be recalled, and face the consequences. We have made contact with Ti-Rell, and your pursuit is being terminated. Lord Vader has ordered you to return. Caedon Ti-Rell will take it from here.”

“Yes Inquisitor. Inform the Lord Vader of my return. I will be there as soon as I can.” Rowahn replied with a scowl, making it well known that he did not like this arrangement. However, he could not disobey a direct order from Lord Vader, or the Emperor. With that, the holoprojector blinked off, and Rowahn removed his helmet, and sat down. This mission hadn’t gone right since the day it began. In the last two weeks, he had fought Jord twice, and lost miserably both times. He had to know what gave her such a big advantage, and how she defeated him so easily each time.

Replacing his helmet upon his head, he walked out of his quarters to inform the pilot of their change in course.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2017, 11:41:53 AM »

YES!!  Glad to see Rowahn/TR back in action!  Speaking of: I kept having to slow my reading instead of hurrying to see what happened next; THAT my friend is GOOD writing  Smiley. As is the dichotomy of Rowahn's actions: he appreciation for the birds (I LIKE their name: synyps; did you come up with that or is it canon?  Either way: excellent detail!).  It's subtle: Rowahn's inner conflict; I like that you give him development so he's not a clichéd "fallen hero."  Instead, one can see that his commitment to capturing Jord is real...but what will happen after?  Again, subtle  Wink

I have to say (and not to digress), you write fight sequences with incredible and vivid imagery: I feel there as Rowahn squares off with Jord.  And excellent job writing Jord; she's an opponent who is both powerful and competent without feeling like a "God Mode Sue". Instead, she's nuanced and, if not necessarily fearful, then understandably cautious.

The training scene: I really enjoyed this; gives a barometer of just how good (bad?  Wink) Rowahn's become!  I really loved how Rogue1 portrayed Vader: as a nigh-unstoppable force, as an implacable entity.  Your " fight" with Simulation Vader perfectly illustrates that!  I like that Rowahn is still pushing himself to progress.  Again: subtle foreshadowing  Smiley

My ONLY problem is: now I REALLY can't wait to read the next chapter!  Grin

Until next installment friends  Smiley

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2017, 05:17:00 PM »

Thanks TD. As far as I know, Synyps are completely my own. If they are Canon, well that's great, but it wasn't intentional. Admittedly, I did get some inspiration from them form the Porgs. Roll Eyes Anyways, thanks for reading, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Did you catch my slight reference to your cortosis plant?

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2017, 06:01:56 PM »

Thanks TD. As far as I know, Synyps are completely my own. If they are Canon, well that's great, but it wasn't intentional. Admittedly, I did get some inspiration from them form the Porgs. Roll Eyes Anyways, thanks for reading, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Did you catch my slight reference to your cortosis plant?
Matter of fact: I did  Wink. Little Easter eggs like that make me smile  Cheesy. Thanks  Cool

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2017, 03:28:59 PM »

I have to echo Dutchman's comments.  I really liked the training scene, it gives a good look into where Rowahn's values are at, and how compromised his sense of right vs wrong has become due to his exposure to the Dark Side.  I was disappointed to see him pulled off the pursuit, however.  Just when you do something right...  ;-)

I am very much looking forward to reading more!  Since I suspect that our friend eventually turns, and that Jord has something to do with that, I find myself dwelling on their interactions.  She is impressing me as a patient teacher slowly bringing her student to that "teachable moment".  :-)

Looking forward to more, my friend!

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2017, 02:24:52 AM »

Imperials really need to work on disabling ships...refer Empire Strikes back - "are you sure the Hyper drive on the Millennium Falcon has been disabled"  now this...he's outsmarting himself as much as anything trying to track her and not just having he troops blast her ship to pieces, let alone the pride in taking her on rather than having the troops soften her up first. Combined with a pre fight discussion on the wildlife...he's not towing that Inquisitor line as much as he should be....

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2017, 01:28:48 PM »

Imperials really need to work on disabling ships...refer Empire Strikes back - "are you sure the Hyper drive on the Millennium Falcon has been disabled"  now this...he's outsmarting himself as much as anything trying to track her and not just having he troops blast her ship to pieces, let alone the pride in taking her on rather than having the troops soften her up first. Combined with a pre fight discussion on the wildlife...he's not towing that Inquisitor line as much as he should be....

Oh, I don't know.  The pride aspect of this reads consistent with those who are Sith or Sith-trained.  Its often a driving force in those who practice Evil as well.  :-)  though I agree with you - she was isolated from her ship, why not just blow the ship as you come in?  Precludes escape.  Then saturation bombard the area she's sitting in.  Especially after your scouts nail down her location.  BOOM.  Dead.  Mission accomplished.

But you don't get the satisfaction of proving you're a better swordsman and more powerful user of the force that way.  LOL

I suspect Vader would have just killed her from orbit.  Probably why he's the Sith Lord...  ;-)

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2017, 01:35:21 AM »

Oh, I don't know.  The pride aspect of this reads consistent with those who are Sith or Sith-trained.  Its often a driving force in those who practice Evil as well.  :-)  though I agree with you - she was isolated from her ship, why not just blow the ship as you come in?  Precludes escape.  Then saturation bombard the area she's sitting in.  Especially after your scouts nail down her location.  BOOM.  Dead.  Mission accomplished.

But you don't get the satisfaction of proving you're a better swordsman and more powerful user of the force that way.  LOL

I suspect Vader would have just killed her from orbit.  Probably why he's the Sith Lord...  ;-)

Well don't forget the reason he is on this mission to begin with. It is more than just to kill Jedi. It is also to take their lightsabers. If you bombarded her from orbit, the saber would be destroyed in the process, defeating the purpose of the chase..  Wink

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2017, 07:13:09 AM »

Chapter 4

As they dropped out of lightspeed just outside of Byss’ atmosphere, Rowahn was watching from the command room. Byss was a gorgeous planet from space, but Rowahn found that the eerie green glow from the sun once you were on the surface was a bit weird. Many people still did not believe it existed, even though Emperor Palpatine had a huge Imperial citadel on it, and many of the senators and representative from other planets had residencies here. It was not Rowahn’s favorite place in the world, but he had gotten used to it over the past fourteen years. Now that he was here again, he wished he was still on his search, but alas, the Grand Inquisitor Yiaso had recalled him. As the ship made its docking approach in the wing belonging to the Inquisitorious, Rowahn began moving towards the exit. At the docking bay, there were a few Inquisitors and Stormtroopers awaiting his arrival.

“High Inquisitor Gaetana. I believed that you were away on a mission to. . . Kewda was it?” Rowahn said as he recognized the highest ranking officer there.

“Indeed, but my mission has brought me back here.” She said in reply.

“Are you meeting me here, or do you have another reason for being here?” He asked as they walked down the hallway.

“The Grand Inquisitor requested that I escort you to the conference room before I head back to my own operation.” She said in a haughty annoyed voice. “He’s afraid you will not go directly to him.”

“That’s not the only thing he is afraid of with me.” Returned Rowahn. “Nor should it be from you.” He turned his head, and stared at her through his helmet. She could not see his face, but she could certainly feel his presence through the Force. They did not speak again, and when they arrived at the conference room, Rowahn entered in, and removed his helmet while the High Inquisitor returned to her own tasks.

A moment later the Grand Inquisitor Ja’ce Yiaso and the Dark Lord himself walked into the room.

“Inquisitor Rowahn,” Yiaso began. “You have failed in you mission for over two years. Never before have you failed so strongly, or completely. Failure is not a trait of this Empire. We cannot allow warriors of the Empire, and especially of the Inquisitorious to fail. If we allow this attribute to flourish among the Empire’s most elite, most highly trained specialists, what will the galaxy begin to think?”

“I have n. . .” Rowahn began before being cut off by the large Zabrak.

“You will be given one chance to prove you are worthy of the title of Inquisitor. If you fail again, you will be executed for treason against the Empire.” He said.

“Do not fail us again Inquisitor.” Spoke Vader for the first time. “The Emperor has decided to give you one more chance, but only because I spoke of how powerful you are. Yiaso did not want you to have this chance. You owe me your now.”

“What is it you want me to do?” Asked Rowahn as the truth began to sink in.

“That is for you to decide, but it must be something that will show us where that you are loyal to the Empire, and to the Inquisitorious.” Yiaso said. Just then the door opened, and a tall Pantoran male walked in. “Oh yes. This is Caedon Ti-Rell. He is taking over the hunt for this T’Risha Jord. Your sergeant said that you had planted a tracker on Jord’s ship before you . . . failed to capture her. Ti-Rell would like you to give him the transponder code.”

“Of course.” Rowahn replied. As he handed over the code to Rowahn, he quickly memorized it, and then looked up into the gold and black eyes of the man who thought he could defeat Jord. Well, he would see. That is if he found her first.

With the exchange complete, Caedon Ti-Rell turned quickly around, and walked back out the door. Rowahn turned back to Vader and Yiaso and asked “Was there anything else?”

“No, I believe that is all.” Yiaso replied. So Rowahn picked up his helmet, and simply turned and walked out.

Knowing that he would not be allowed to take the ship and crew that he had earlier, and most likely not even a crew at all, he went down to the garage that held the Inquisitors ships. They did not have many one-man Starfighters, and even fewer with hyperdrives, but there were a few of the new TIE Advanced fighters. They were fast, had a hyperdrive, and life support systems in them. That’ll do. Rowahn thought as he looked at the ship.

As the bay doors opened, Rowahn lifted the ship into the air, and flew out. He had never flown in this model, so it took some getting used to. However, after a few minutes, he had it figured out, and was soon out of the atmosphere. Once in open space again, Rowahn put the coordinates for the last know location of Jord according to the tracker into the navcomputer, and engaged the hyperdrive. The ship wasn’t spacious, nor extremely comfortable, but it seemed that Jord had come in to the Core worlds rather than stay in the outer rim, which made it a significantly shorter trip for Rowahn. Still, it would be a long trip, and who knows if he would even be able to pick up the trail again.

As he dropped out of hyperspace near the last location transmitted by the tracker, Rowahn looked where he was. According to the data, he should be near the planet Twith. He knew little about the planet other than that it had once been constantly at war with another planet, Hyabb. Nothing important had happened there for a very long time. Might be a good place to check out. If I were Jord, thinking to hide from the Empire, Coming straight into the heart of the Empire, would not be something the Empire would expect me to do. But going to a major planet with a large population, and a large Imperial presence would be just plain stupid. But a planet like Twith that has no bearing on the rest of the galaxy, that would be a smart move. He thought.

As he moved towards the planet, his sensors started picking up another ship ahead of him. It was a small, heavily modified Pantoran transport shuttle. Caedon. Rowahn thought when he saw the ship. So at least he was in the right place.

Rowahn quickly moved his own ship away from Caedon’s, and continued towards the surface of the planet. The planet was basically split in half. One hemisphere was rolling hills, and wide open meadows, while the other was a thick, dark jungle. The both hemispheres were populated, and there were many cities. It was a surprisingly beautiful and natural, yet still civilized planet. It seems the planet had no problem recovering after the war between Hyabb and it ended. It has been a while, but still, it has recovered nicely. He thought as he viewed the planet through the window of the cockpit. As he brought his ship in for a landing, he began scanning for evidence of Jord’s ship. Both with his own scanners, as well as the tracker. It would take a while, and he would most likely have to move his position multiple times, but for now he just got out. Taking a pair of electrobinoculars, he searched his surroundings. He had landed in an open field with nothing around for quite a ways. He slowly began moving away from his ship, and towards the nearest city. They had undoubtedly picked up his ships signature as he came in due to the relative closeness he was to them. The authorities were probably already sending a team out to meet him, and see who he was and what he wanted.

He was right. Soon he heard the hum of engines as the speeders came rushing towards him. No matter. He would deal with them. If they got in his way he could always kill them. Rowahn just stood there waiting for them to come to him. When they were a few meters away, they dismounted and readied their weapons.

“Who are you?” One of the asked.

“I am Darth Rowahn, and I’m here on official business from the Empire.” He said. It was all true, well for the most part. He hadn’t exactly been sent to Twith, but they didn’t need to know that. “I’m looking for a young woman. She’d be about 23. Human, average height. A flighty look, and a light step.”

A few men grumbled at this, but they held their piece. “We have seen no one out of the ordinary.” The Twith man said. “We will help the Empire in any way that we can.”

“Good. First, there was another ship that arrived a few moments before me. I would like you to get me any information about the ship and crew. Second, I need all the records of ships coming or leaving this area in the last week or so.” Rowahn said.

“It may take a little while, but we will see what we can do to accommodate you.” The lead officer said with a bow. “Would you like us to give you a ride back to the city?”

“No. But upon arrival find me a landing bay for my ship. One that is out of sight if possible.” He replied. “I fear the ship that came in before me may know I am here.”

“It will be done my lord.” The man said as he signaled his men to mount up and return to the city.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2017, 01:40:56 PM »

YES! Cool

TR, I LOVE the scene at Byss!!  The undercurrent of antagonism between Rowahn and Ja'ce was perfect! I LOVE Rowahn castigating Gaetana and the subtle fear from her (and Ja'ce) knowing that they face a superior opponent  Wink. That was SUCH an enjoyable Easter egg to read that; and might I say, you got her arrogance down to a "T" my friend!  Hmmm Caedon is in for a shock, methinks  Grin

Infighting in the Inquisitorious always makes for good tension and you just upped the ante with Vader's presence  Wink. And now that he's on Twith, I am really wondering what Rowahn's next step will be  Cheesy

Nice reference to Twith (I had to Wookiepedia it  Wink).  It's details like this that really immerse me in the SW universe.  You know, the narrative that you've created is better than many of the books I've read; that's not hyperbole or embellishment.  These stories (yours, LSG's, Karm's) are that enjoyable!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2017, 07:39:42 PM »

YES! Cool

TR, I LOVE the scene at Byss!!  The undercurrent of antagonism between Rowahn and Ja'ce was perfect! I LOVE Rowahn castigating Gaetana and the subtle fear from her (and Ja'ce) knowing that they face a superior opponent  Wink. That was SUCH an enjoyable Easter egg to read that; and might I say, you got her arrogance down to a "T" my friend!  Hmmm Caedon is in for a shock, methinks  Grin

Infighting in the Inquisitorious always makes for good tension and you just upped the ante with Vader's presence  Wink. And now that he's on Twith, I am really wondering what Rowahn's next step will be  Cheesy

Nice reference to Twith (I had to Wookiepedia it  Wink).  It's details like this that really immerse me in the SW universe.  You know, the narrative that you've created is better than many of the books I've read; that's not hyperbole or embellishment.  These stories (yours, LSG's, Karm's) are that enjoyable!

Thanks. I was hoping that you'd like it. Gaetana was kind of hard to write, because I knew she had to stay in character from/for your own story. I used the scene where she was talking to Zearic about him being a puppet kind of as my reference point as to her arrogance, and it seems like it worked. You might be surprised at what I have planned for Caedon. He will be an important character in this story, but you won't really know that much about him.

I tried to write this so that it took place at least 2 days before the scene in your story where it said Vader left 2 days ago. And I think it worked out there as well. I was going to make another reference to the Cortosis plant, but I wasn't sure how well it fit with the rest of the timeline.

Twith. Yes. I originally inteded to use Scipio, but then I saw that it was not in the Core, but the Outer Rim, so that kind of threw me off. I know as much about Twith as Rowahn did before he saw it. Virtually nothing. I Wookieepediad it as well, and there was not info on what it looked like, what kind of people lived there, atmosphere, environment, nothing. So I just made it up. I'm hoping that it works out, but who knows.

I thank you for the support, but I really think you should go back and reread your own story, so that you see how great it actually was.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2017, 09:56:02 PM »

I just randomly found this thread and have really enjoyed what you’ve wrote so far. Nice work Taegin.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: